• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

E94R2jcXoAQCSu0

These guys bought into the New Pep narrative and all these pr articles lmaoo, wrote all these think pieces about Arteta’s genius and how good he is, now they have to keep it up I guess or admit they were waffling... He talks a good game too, say a few buzzwords like changing culture and mentality and people eat it up.
Biggest con in management football. I would love to see his interview that impressed them so much. I bet it’s a lot of hippie talk about him not only being tactical in football, but life itself and he is not only gonna improve his players on the pitch but off the pitch. Sh1t our none footballing suits would fall for

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I personally think the most important thing is a club sticks to their values.

let’s assume your premise is correct (it’s not, sports teams purposes are to win and entertain)….

You are literally making up Arsenal values to defend Arteta. Some serious mental gymnastics here. In this scenario, you are basically saying “Arsenal has a value to keep managers in charge for at least 3 seasons, irrrespective of whether they get the team relegated, because results don’t matter”

That’s some made up bullshit lol. When has it been an Arsenal value to keep “failing” managers for 3 seasons minimum?
Speaking of Arsenal values, how about a manager who breaks the values of the club?

- Arteta leaking coronavirus salary cut negotiations to the press and trying to expose Özil
- Telling players to cut salary to save jobs and then those said jobs get cut anyway
- Leaking disagreements with Guendouzi instead of dealing with the situation behind closed doors
- Not registering Özil to the squad despite the club desperately needing a #10 all over some petty personal dispute
- Publicly ostracising players (Pepe)
- Never taking responsibility for the losses and pinning the blame on players and other people?

Why are you so quiet when the manager is breaking all these Arsenal values of doing things with class, discreetly and always trying to back the players you have?

I bet you don’t have an answer you ****ing hypocrite.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
E94R2jcXoAQCSu0

These guys bought into the New Pep narrative and all these pr articles lmaoo, wrote all these think pieces about Arteta’s genius and how good he is, now they have to keep it up I guess or admit they were waffling... He talks a good game too, say a few buzzwords like changing culture and mentality and people eat it up.

Didnt buy into ****, was probably a paid article by Arsenal. Paid editorials is a common and major revenue generator for most media orgs. Athletic is a money hungry startup, probably take on as many paid gigs as they can. Also Arteta is an important source, so backing him is important for access

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Have they improved relative to their financial outlay? Every year they end up in the Europa League and haven't won even a community shield since 2017. We win cups but have spent less without making top four. They're the same but the other way round and spent more. I agree Ole is a much better coach than Mikel. I really like his man management.

Well, probably you only began watching football yesterday but red cards impact matches. How possession teams like City pass the ball, spaces are even more easier to exploit with a man advantage. Obviously though the thrashing weren't just due to Xhakas sending off and also reflects the manager too.

No, they were in the CL four of the last five seasons (they ended up in the Europa League as they finished 3rd in their CL group) but I agree for a club of Utd’s stature just qualifying for the CL isn’t good enough. Also, I’m not sure what your point is as I said Utd have been underwhelming but they are clear of us plus shouldn’t we be more concerned about getting into the top half of the table rather than comparing ourselves with teams that are in the top 4?

:rolleyes:

Yes, I started watching football yesterday and I came across a match which started at 17:30 that was being played at Anfield. The team I saw playing got a red card just like us but seem to leave the ground that we usually get outclassed on with a point because their manager set them up correctly. Funny that I learnt so much by just watching two games.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Arteta is inexperienced but he isnt the worst manager in the league, simply because he finished 8th last season.

What will be the downfall of Arteta is his inability to continuously adapt the side to meet its immediate demands, while simultaneously building for the long term. I think its insulting to write Arteta off as someone who would amount to nothing. Yes, he does not have the ability to lead us right now, but that is more as a result of his inexperience at this stage.

Its silly to compare Arteta to someone like Wenger for example. Arteta shouldnt be at this level, instead at a level where he has the focus to build immediate skills.
He is the worst manager in the league and he finished 8th because he literally has one of the best 6 squads in the league FFS. Probably 5th best if im honest.

aok

After 2 years of rebuilding, if his choice at the back is Kolasinac and Chambers, I can't have any sympathy for Arteta. The fact that he chose Kolasinac over Mari, who he himself brought to the team tells enough about his rebuilding process. The team looks hopeless. The way they played was just unwatchable. When you compare it to Chelsea defending, how they learned to defend after Lampard in several months, the quality of coaching becomes clear. I think going down to 10 men saved Arteta, the result wouldn't be much different with 11 on 11. It would be very hard to keep him if the quality of football doesn't improve immediately.

Token Yank

genuine question - is it better to sack Arteta now with no one obvious to take over, or do we wait until we have a successor lined up? and is a third option to hire a manager for a year only, and who could that be?
Should have someone lined up. Sacking him and bringing in some random care taker manager or assistant is not ideal.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
E94R2jcXoAQCSu0

But look at the photo, Arteta looks so good on all those covers
052MSOS.jpg

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
No, you duck.

He is not the obvious choice, because we arent a club suitable for him as a manager right now.
Give him money and he’ll come. Looks like the club is willing to spend. Since we are, let’s just get the best manager and open up the cheque book.

Token Yank

After 2 years of rebuilding, if his choice at the back is Kolasinac and Chambers, I can't have any sympathy for Arteta. The fact that he chose Kolasinac over Mari, who he himself brought to the team tells enough about his rebuilding process. The team looks hopeless. The way they played was just unwatchable. When you compare it to Chelsea defending, how they learned to defend after Lampard in several months, the quality of coaching becomes clear. I think going down to 10 men saved Arteta, the result wouldn't be much different with 11 on 11. It would be very hard to keep him if the quality of football doesn't improve immediately.
Exactly, Tuchel came in with the same exact squad Lampard was failing with and changed things right away. Dropped certain players, restored banished players to the starting 11, changed shape.

LEGO's player selection and man management is comical. He never knows his best 11. Drones on about the project but plays guys we have been trying to shift for years. Yesterday for instance, play Tavares and Sambi instead of Kola and Elsideways. We probably lose the game anyway, but at least they are gaining some experience. Why are you leaving Xhaka isolated? It's been 5 years and no one can seem to figure out, if you play him with someone who can cover ground he can be decent. If he is isolated he is useless. Last year dropping Pepe for Willian. Running Saliba and Guendouzi out of town. He actually fell ass backwards into his preferred line up around Christmas last year due to injuries/illness.

Aubameyang- how can a guy who has been among the most prolific goal scorers in all of Europe for 5+ years all of a sudden turn to ****? By getting played at LWB.

Also, we have no style of play. When he first came I thought we started playing out from the back pretty well. Made a few errors along the way but now I feel like he is too much of a coward to play out of the back. So now we hoof the ball upfield without a target man.

GoonerJay24

Are they really club values though? As soon as Wenger dropped to 6th even once, despite years of over performing, he was gone. Emery dropped below 5th, sacked.

The values Arsenal were known for in recent years were Arsène’s values not the club’s. The club‘s values are those of the owners. Stan Kroenke and his values were hidden prior to 2018, now they’ve been exposed and they’re not looking good.

Arsenal, despite the sometimes 'dark age' playing style always showed class and promoted youth.

What would you say Kroenkes values are? I don't follow the KSE much, but they seem influenced by Wenger.

Alexs

Wenger had won the league by now and was building for his second. Arteta has managed 8th twice and is building for 18th.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

One thing that has surprised me is the defeatist attitude in our fan base. “Our season starts after Chelsea and City” etc. What sort of attitude is that?

Wasn’t like this under Wenger and Emery. We had lesser teams or injuries then too but we still expected our manager or team to give it a go and show something.

Now it seems like you can’t expect anything from poor Arteta unless he has great players in every position, a fully fit squad, all the players on form etc.

Arteta is the modern day Jim Jones. He's got people fighting over his Brylcreem laced Kool-Aid.

A lot of this broken & disillusioned fanbase have latched on to him purely for the fact he worked with Pep.

The amount of excuses & justifications for him both here & in the media are staggering to say the least.

Emery was never afforded the benefit of the doubt yet Arteta can not only get away with murder but talk down to his detractors as a parent would to their child.

The misplaced arrogance & sense of entitlement has created a monster of our own incompetence & he now needs to be annihilated so that we can go about repairing this once great club & slowly take it back to its place.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom