• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

REWB

Arteta should have played Laca and Pepe today imo. We are clearly missing xhaka though, Lokonga has no presence, and is too inexperienced atm.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Gabriel, White and Ramsdale were solid at the back for us today. Its Tomiyasu, Lokonga and Partey who couldnt deal with their respective players and the numbers on them today.

Didnt think I would miss Xhaka, but I did. He may not be good under pressure, but his potential release ball over a wave of them pushing forward would have pushed them back a bit.

Thought the Laca and Pepe subs were good, and Smith Rowe being able to run at their goal.

But Mikel needs to work on proper building out from the back under all circumstances, and winning the second ball if we are going long.

Mikel was found out, and his back up planning didnt come off tonight.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Horrible substitution, we we were finally on top with some good attacks and Brighton reduced to passing around their backline and he switches out Ødegaard for Pepe. Its like someone in a boxing match backing someone against the ropes thanks to clever footwork and jabbing and then start going in with swings.

The sub to make at that point was Amn, his pace and skillset would;ve meant putting himon the wing wouldve ratched up the pressure on the Brighton defence when they had the ball alongside a real threat from counter with pace. Lacazette should've been on since half time.

We spent money on the defence but not the midfield over the summer and it showed, Brighton for all their play got maybe one decent chance.

Said it before that I think the players can paper over Arteta's flaws but with no Xhaka for a few months Im not sure he can dominate a midfield.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Gabriel, White and Ramsdale were solid at the back for us today. Its Tomiyasu, Lokonga and Partey who couldnt deal with their respective players and the number today.

Thought the Laca and Pepe subs were good, and Smith Rowe being able to run at their goal.

But Mikel needs to work on proper building out from the back under all circumstances, and winning the second ball if we are going long.

Mikel was found out today, and his back up planning didnt come off tonight.
Im sorry but Partey was doing so much work defensively thats a crazy thing to say. Added to that, from the second half until the first sub they were dominating the midfield.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Same ol same ol.

A) Go on a bad run showing very little passion.
B) Get heavily criticised by the media and fanbase.
C) Regroup and dig deep and go on a mini winning run with a big result along the way to ease the pressure.
D) See the pressure is now off and go back to complacency mode.

Rinse and repeat.

Story of this club for the last decade.

SA Gunner

Im sorry but Partey was doing so much work defensively thats a crazy thing to say. Added to that, from the second half until the first sub they were dominating the midfield.

That's what he was limited to do tonight, because they had so many numbers forward.

With Partey you expect him to beat his man and advance the ball through midfield or open the pass up for our frontline to work with. That's what I mean, he struggled to do that today, due to Brighton's planning.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
That's what he was limited to do tonight, because they had so many numbers forward.

With Partey you expect him to beat his man and advance the ball through midfield or open the pass up for our frontline to work with. That's what I mean, he struggled to do that today, due to Brighton's planning.
He did on a few occasions... especially that period until Arteta decided to change things up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t think he was that bad today. He made a mistake with the line up but corrected it well with the Pepe substitution.

He needs to figure out a way quickly for us to attack with a three man midfield over the international break though.

I don’t think you can go into away games with a two as we’ll just get overran.

SA Gunner

Disregarding the Sp**s game, which I do think was a one off with the way their midfield was instructed to play, we've scored 2 goals in 6 games...

We are still struggling with a well co-ordinated first line of press. Teams realise that we arent completely comfortable passing out from the back, and when blocking off our route to midfield we resort to that U shaped rubbish.

Arteta needs to work on that much much more, otherwise we will limp through matches like we did today.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom