• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I am not an Arteta fan. I am not Arteta in per se.

However, for me I see improvement. We have 20 minute periods where the "eye test" would show us as being a good side. Sp**s at home, Leicester away, Villa at home. Then we have periods where we don't look good or we look naive and inexperienced. Brighton, Palace, Liverpool, not bad sides btw.

So why is that? Is it the manager? Is it the players? Is it the make up of the squad? I think it is a combination of all these things but you really have to take a step back breathe and put it into perspective. We have the youngest squad in the league with the youngest/inexperienced manager, probably youngest coaching staff also.

Is it a surprise therefore that they are inconsistent?

I also find it odd when people act like he doesn't need a few more signings to make the attack fully function. Our two wide players are two young academy products who have never scored more than 10 goals between them in a season. Our cfs, are declining. Auba has statistically scored less every season he has been here. People are ignoring his decline. Lacazette tires at 65 mins. These are the two that are tasked with leading this young group of players.

Partey has been in and out with injury and his partner is Lokonga. Another young player learning, and Xhaka who is out injured, also dives in , gets sent off and abandons ship when he feels like it.

We do not have the correct experience to lead this group of young players . There is no devastation in the front line. Teams are not scared of Auba because he isn't going to dribble past you, he isn't going to beat you in the air or hold the ball up. He won't find a pass either. Teams are not scared of Lacazette either.

You cannot underestimate the importance of a CF. We currently have 2 players in the team playing 1 position because they do not have the traits to lead the line by themselves. We have no other midfielder apart from Partey. Partey should the the supporting act. Not the main guy.

I criticise Arteta, but I can't go all in when he hasn't got all of his tools. It's not like Ole who couldn't find a way with the likes of Sancho, Pogba and Ronaldo.
I largely agree, however Arteta's done some inexplicable things like playing ESR as a false 9 away at Villareal and picking Nketiah while ignoring Martinelli. He persisted with Aubameyang on the left wing and Willian on the right wing for the best part of half a season.

It has all the feels of fumbling your way through the dark up there.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is from September 2018:
Screen_Shot_2018-09-15_at_09_36_06.webp

Take 2 of the losses away that came under Emery
We are the whipping boys of the top teams. We need to stop calling us big club ffs

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Please give me a source. And no, Milan was definitely not Beyonce when he whored himself out to them.
Wenger's book actually, he briefly mentions the slew of players he had to sell to balance the books.

Also Ade's agent, and Ade himself:
In an interview with TRT World, he has claimed that Wenger forced him out of the club before misleading the media about his reasons for moving.

"I had a meeting with Arsène Wenger in his office when he told me I had to leave because he doesn't see my future any more in Arsenal. I have to move on in my life," Adebayor said.

"I was like 'I'm going to stay.' He was like 'no there is not even a fight organised. We are not going to organise any fight for you. You move out or you stay here and don't play any games.'

"So I didn't have any other choice than joining Man City which I was very happy to join. And the next day when I joined Manchester City I saw him doing a press conference in London saying that I wanted to leave because the money was big and everything, and since that day that is where the hate for Arsenal came from.

Not defending him, just saying the stuff people say isn't true. If anything it highlights how hamstrung Wenger was that he had to do this more than once. Link to the vid is in the quote.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Worst one is still RVP for me.

Lot of rewriting of history with him as if he's not a turncoat.

18 months of WC football out of him and he bails, he just wants to win trophies etc.

If it wasn't for Arsène Wenger sticking with him through years of injuries, immature behaviour, disciplinary issues etc he'd never have been in a position to have a club of the statute of Man Utd wanting him.

No other manager in the league other than Wenger would have stuck it out with RVP for so long, I'm certain of that.

The likes of Adebayor and Nasri it's hard to care about. They had like 3 seasons of top class performances between them their entire careers.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

18 months of WC football out of him and he bails, he just wants to win trophies etc.

If it wasn't for Arsène Wenger sticking with him through years of injuries, immature behaviour, disciplinary issues etc he'd never have been in a position to have a club of the statute of Man Utd wanting him.

No other manager in the league other than Wenger would have stuck it out with RVP for so long, I'm certain of that.

The likes of Adebayor and Nasri it's hard to care about. They had like 3 seasons of top class performances between them their entire careers.

I was really bitter about RVP and the years that followed, but let's be honest, he was 29 and had 1 FA cup to his name. He wanted to win and that wasn't going to happen at Arsenal. The years that followed at Arsenal kind of vindicated his decision. I think every time he played for Arsenal he was fully committed unlike certain other players that left during those years...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

This is from September 2018:
Screen_Shot_2018-09-15_at_09_36_06.webp

Take 2 of the losses away that came under Emery
And take away two years of protests, planes, boycotts, social media pressure and sh!t. Or are we still pretending all those angry fans shouldn’t have had any effect on Arsène and the team.😂

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

We where far too soft as a club on that one though. I think Juve and City where also interested in him at the time.

We should have made it perfectly clear you either go to one of them or stay for another season but we're not selling you to United. Basically ended the last remnants of that rivalry and gift wrapped Ferguson his last title.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

How dumb is this loser? Unfortunately you can see this kind of "arguments" often among our fans today.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Wenger's book actually, he briefly mentions the slew of players he had to sell to balance the books.

Also Ade's agent, and Ade himself:

Not defending him, just saying the stuff people say isn't true. If anything it highlights how hamstrung Wenger was that he had to do this more than once. Link to the vid is in the quote.

Think we talk about different situations here tbf. Im talking about the summer when he actually stayed while you are talking about the summer he left (after making his position at the club impossible to maintain). His own words doesnt matter at all. We all know Wenger had to sell.

Camus

Trusted ⭐

How dumb is this loser? Unfortunately you can see this kind of "arguments" often among our fans today.
Very dumb. Liverpool had an 12 game spell (so over a 3rd of this stat) from January to March where they won just 3 PL games and lost 8. With 4 of those being consecutive.

So literally the only way we can even be remotely close to a team like Liverpool is when they exhibit relegation tier form for a 3rd of the season. Rather than spinning it as us "heading in the right direction" all these proves in that Liverpool were headed in the wrong direction.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I just want people to understand how ludicrous it is to think we're getting top 4 this year. Even if you are the worst of the best 4 teams in England, they're still your peers. We have conceded 11 and scored zero to the nailed on top 3, our prospective peers. That isn't a recipe for top 4 because unlike when that was happening under Wenger, we aren't battering the smaller sides to make up for it in terms of points and goal difference. In a league where the smaller sides seem capable of putting a scare into and indeed taking points off of that top 3, we don't even lay a glove on them. That's not personnel, that's a piss poor approach by a manager drowning in hubris and arrogance buoyed by owners and a director who suffer the same afflictions and don't want to upset their mirror images.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Spending 200m doesn’t mean much to me as long as they persist with this youth project/Arteta imo.

Why did the board miraculously decide to fully back a manager with zero experience and a technical director with no experience in the European market? This whole youth project is a sham.
The youth project might be genuine ambition or it might be a very clever way to lower expectations.

The only way we'll tell will be with their treatment of Mikel. If our metrics continue to be poor but Mikel is kept on then it's definitely the latter. Of all the clubs in the world, you'd expect that Arsenal would know that having a young team isn't that much of an excuse.

Crazy that some people think that this same group of players will all peak simultaneously and they’ll stick around to help us challenge for the PL.

If I’m Saka, ESR or any of these other young stars and Man City, Chelsea etc come calling when they start balling then I’m jumping ship.
And that's why you can't get away with just being **** for years while the young players develop. You need a reason to actually keep them. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom