• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Bunch of school girls in here. We literally knew in January that Cedric and Mari were long term options and loaning them was a way of getting around FFP. Luiz has been our best performed CB minus the city game under Arteta and we've known that he and the club have been negotiating at new contract less than what he is currently on otherwise we would have taken up the option on his existing contract. I would be interested to see how much he is on under his new contract but the idea we were going to cancel all talks after the city disaster class was fantasy at best. Of all our current CB options he makes the most sense to keep given he can play out from the back, his Brazilian nationality which may come in handy with getting talents out of Brazil to to acclimatise to London and that defensively he is actually better than the other options which is sad inditement on them (Mari still unknown). Luiz on 60-80k a week is a lot different to his current 120k a week.

I don't like how agents are having a big say on how we operate but can we at least see what they give us in return for these favours before throwing the toys out of the cot.

While I don't know what some of you expected straight after a three month break, where much of it was spent not training and at home. Everyones love child Naglesmann/Red Bull Leipzig come back from their break winning 3 games, drawing 4 and losing 1, their a much better team than we are in a much less competitive league. Its not a true reflection of their team they are in the same way it won't be for most teams, let alone a team like ours dealing with ridiculous injuries and luck.

Its nothing to do with what makes sense. We are signing players that are not good enough for us if we want to improve. I dont care if theres no money.

If theres no money promote whoever is RB in the under 23s and coach and develop him. Ok he may not be as good as Soares right now but in 2-3 years possibly. Luiz has been shocking since he came to Arsenal and while i did say maybe he should be kept a while back that was on the basis that Mustafi/Holding/Sokratis were all sold. And we signed a top CB leaving Mari, Luiz and Chambers as squad players.

That doesnt look like it will be the case so again we will be going into the season without a top CB. Saliba. Pfft hes 19 and has been playing in a farmer's league. Which 19 year old defender came to the PL and hit the ground running.

Another big problem is we are getting this easy deals of players that no other clubs want over the line. Yet we have a big pressing issue on Saka. Why is this not done?

Aubas going so that's not an issue anymore.

But tying a washed up player to a 4 year contract and messing about over Saka is a joke.

This club has never been further away from being run right.

Reactions: roz

Tom349

Its nothing to do with what makes sense. We are signing players that are not good enough for us if we want to improve. I dont care if theres no money.

If theres no money promote whoever is RB in the under 23s and coach and develop him. Ok he may not be as good as Soares right now but in 2-3 years possibly. Luiz has been shocking since he came to Arsenal and while i did say maybe he should be kept a while back that was on the basis that Mustafi/Holding/Sokratis were all sold. And we signed a top CB leaving Mari, Luiz and Chambers as squad players.

That doesnt look like it will be the case so again we will be going into the season without a top CB. Saliba. Pfft hes 19 and has been playing in a farmer's league. Which 19 year old defender came to the PL and hit the ground running.

Another big problem is we are getting this easy deals of players that no other clubs want over the line. Yet we have a big pressing issue on Saka. Why is this not done?

Aubas going so that's not an issue anymore.

But tying a washed up player to a 4 year contract and messing about over Saka is a joke.

This club has never been further away from being run right.

As I said.

" throwing the toys out of the cot."

The transfer window hasn't even opened yet. You don't what business we will or won't do. For all we know we will sell Bellerin and replace him with a younger and higher potential option with Cedric being the reliable experienced option. Or we will sell all of Mustafi, Sokratis and Holding and in doing so make a few million rather than letting Luiz walk after buying for 6m last summer. Losing your **** at this point in time is ridiculous.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
As I said.

" throwing the toys out of the cot."

The transfer window hasn't even opened yet. You don't what business we will or won't do. For all we know we will sell Bellerin and replace him with a younger and higher potential option with Cedric being the reliable experienced option. Or we will sell all of Mustafi, Sokratis and Holding and in doing so make a few million rather than letting Luiz walk after buying for 6m last summer. Losing your **** at this point in time is ridiculous.

I'm not losing my **** over anything.

I am simply judging the actions that I see now. And they dont make pleasant viewing regardless.

We have offered an error prone defender who is 33 a 1 year contract after humiliating the club the other night.

We have offered a 26 year old who's out for 3 months who has played 1 prior PL game a 4 year contract. The same defender who struggled in La liga.

And last but not least we have offered a 28 year old defender who couldnt get a game at Soton, who arrived injured and has continued to be injured and unavailable for us, a wait for it......a 4 year contract.

Big long term contracts for players who are not going to improve the squad. Tell me there isnt a decent RB in the championship for under 10m and lower wages/agent fees etc etc than Soares?

Its poor business signing players who aren't the level just because you dont want to work hard and scout the players who could be better.

Gunners1616

Technical director Edu said: “I am really happy that we will have these players in our squad for the future. They have been part of the long-term technical plan Mikel and I have developed. They bring the right balance to our squad."

For the ones who had doubts about Arteta involments in these sh*tty deals.

I mean what long-term plan are they talking about ? Luiz is 33 y.o and Cedric is 29 y.o. What the hell is the long-term plan ?

There is no logical explanation as to why you would want to extend Luiz (expect for pleasing his agent or something more shady). Same for Cedric. You can't justify giving a 4 years contract to a 29 y.o player deemed not good enough for Southamption and who hasn't played for Portugal in 2 years.

And this noob Edu has the balls to come out talking about his long-term technical plan with Mikel.

Tom349

I'm not losing my **** over anything.

I am simply judging the actions that I see now. And they dont make pleasant viewing regardless.

We have offered an error prone defender who is 33 a 1 year contract after humiliating the club the other night.

We have offered a 26 year old who's out for 3 months who has played 1 prior PL game a 4 year contract. The same defender who struggled in La liga.

And last but not least we have offered a 28 year old defender who couldnt get a game at Soton, who arrived injured and has continued to be injured and unavailable for us, a wait for it......a 4 year contract.

Big long term contracts for players who are not going to improve the squad. Tell me there isnt a decent RB in the championship for under 10m and lower wages/agent fees etc etc than Soares?

Its poor business signing players who aren't the level just because you dont want to work hard and scout the players who could be better.

So we offered our best performing CB a new 1 year contract.

Offered a 26 year old CB who presumably matured and mastered his game whilst in Brazil a four year contract having virtually brought him already with his loan fee. All the while the intention from the outset was to keep him. He being injured for 2 months plays zero part in our plans for his long term future.

A 28 year old who was Southampton best right back and featured regularly for them who conceded 1 goal vs United, 2 vs Arsenal, clean sheat vs Chelsea and conceded a goal against Leciester. Him being injured has been unfortunate but again it plays not part of whether or not we should keep him or not. You're acting like he has broken his leg and might never play again.

Don't get me wrong I do have some concerns over these deals but I don't see the need for hysteria over them like suggesting we could find a decent right back in the championship for under 10m when Soares is free transfer on modest wages with some agent fee involved which wouldn't be much different to buying someone from the championship. People seem to chose to use agent fee and wages when it suits their argument but fail to add them when a transfer fee is also involved which would then make it you scenario a 20m deal versus a 10m deal for Cedric.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Let's just enjoy the ride and see where it takes us the next 2 seasons.

Slagging of Arteta after 12 games where he inherited the most mediocre Arsenal team in 30 years isn't going to solve anything.

Chelsea were in this position in the league, they came back and meanwhile have won the EL against a formidable opponent IIRC.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Offered a 26 year old CB who presumably matured and mastered his game whilst in Brazil a four year contract having virtually brought him already with his loan fee. All the while the intention from the outset was to keep him. He being injured for 2 months plays zero part in our plans for his long term future.

A 28 year old who was Southampton best right back and featured regularly for them who conceded 1 goal vs United, 2 vs Arsenal, clean sheat vs Chelsea and conceded a goal against Leciester. Him being injured has been unfortunate but again it plays not part of whether or not we should keep him or not. You're acting like he has broken his leg and might never play again.

Don't get me wrong I do have some concerns over these deals but I don't see the need for hysteria over them like suggesting we could find a decent right back in the championship for under 10m when Soares is free transfer on modest wages with some agent fee involved which wouldn't be much different to buying someone from the championship. People seem to chose to use agent fee and wages when it suits their argument but fail to add them when a transfer fee is also involved which would then make it you scenario a 20m deal versus a 10m deal for Cedric.
On what basis are you saying that he is our best performing CB?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Signing a say 21-22 year old from the Championship for 10m on 40k a week is much better than paying 5m for Soares loan, and what maybe 60k a week. Would Soares agent command a bigger fee than a young championship player yes.

Where it comes another vital point is that with the young Championshop player. Can they potentially become a better player. Yes. Can they be sold in the future if it doesnt work out yes. Hell could they be sold to Man City in 3-4 years when they turn out to be the next Kyle Walker. Yes.

For a similar outlay you have much more potential at benefiting both short term and long term.

You say Soares was Sotons back RB. Why did they let him go so easily? And realistically being Soton best RB a few years ago doesnt mean that much.

People are thinking oh. It's only 5m here it's only 13m there, oh we were always going to sign these players etc etc. If we really wanted these players you contact Soares up in January and do the deal in June. He was injured when he signed. Paying 5m for an injured fringe player plus wages was criminal. Especially when Bellerin was back, AMN could fill in or even Mustafi.

David Luiz was our best defender for about 8 games. It doesnt make him worth signing on for another 90-100k a week and probably a few quid to his agent when we have about 8 centre backs.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Slagging of Arteta after 12 games where he inherited the most mediocre Arsenal team in 30 years isn't going to solve anything.

Chelsea were in this position in the league, they came back and meanwhile have won the EL against a formidable opponent IIRC.
Massive difference mate. Chelsea had a rich squad full of stars like Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Fabregas, Costa etc. They had a grumpy manager that p!ssed off the players, who downed tools. The following season they bounced back and won the league.

Our problem is very different. Instead of stars, our manager has a black hole.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Chelsea had a better squad, a rich owner who puts money in, and those players who finished 9th or 10th were capable of more. They just downed tools. Hazard was nowhere to be seen and the minute the manager changed he was back to his usual self. Our team/squad is not the same.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Massive difference mate. Chelsea had a rich squad full of stars like Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Fabregas, Costa etc. They had a grumpy manager that p!ssed off the players, who downed tools. The following season they bounced back and won the league.

I'm not saying we we'll win the league. But we can at least get back to fighting for top four.

Our problem is very different. Instead of stars, our manager has a black hole.

I'm not saying we'll win the league next year. But we are better than this, we can get back to fighting for top four.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm not saying we'll win the league next year. But we are better than this, we can get back to fighting for top four.

Are we better than City/Liverpool/Chelsea and United? Nope. Will they reinvest. Yes.

Are we better than Leciester and Wolves? Nope. Will they reinvest? Yes.

Top 4 is away of. We need a lot of good signings and business and a lot of luck.

Tom349

Signing a say 21-22 year old from the Championship for 10m on 40k a week is much better than paying 5m for Soares loan, and what maybe 60k a week. Would Soares agent command a bigger fee than a young championship player yes.

Where it comes another vital point is that with the young Championshop player. Can they potentially become a better player. Yes. Can they be sold in the future if it doesnt work out yes. Hell could they be sold to Man City in 3-4 years when they turn out to be the next Kyle Walker. Yes.

For a similar outlay you have much more potential at benefiting both short term and long term.

You say Soares was Sotons back RB. Why did they let him go so easily? And realistically being Soton best RB a few years ago doesnt mean that much.

People are thinking oh. It's only 5m here it's only 13m there, oh we were always going to sign these players etc etc. If we really wanted these players you contact Soares up in January and do the deal in June. He was injured when he signed. Paying 5m for an injured fringe player plus wages was criminal. Especially when Bellerin was back, AMN could fill in or even Mustafi.

David Luiz was our best defender for about 8 games. It doesnt make him worth signing on for another 90-100k a week and probably a few quid to his agent when we have about 8 centre backs.

We payed 1m for Cedric loan fee. Southampton made 5m by not having to pay his wages and receiving the 1m of us. You're assuming a championship players agent can't also be a big time agent. It less likely sure but there would be a number of players in the championship you share agents with big name players.

Again the transfer window hasn't even opened yet. For all we know we might be talking to a talented young right back with the idea of selling Bellerin. Come back to me at the end of the transfer window.

Southampton didn't want to pay his wages. He was playing up until the time Arsenal came in for him and was part of their revival having not been a part of the team that got smacked by Leciester and Chelsea.

He was out for a little bit when we signed him but was just about ready to return when everything got put on hold. He then was involved in an unlucky incident which no one could have predicted when everyone returned. We had the second most points in the league for 2020 prior to the break and that was with Sokratis filling in at right back. It is complete revisionism to suggest we should have waited until June to strike a deal.

Again if we end up selling all three of Holding, Sokratis and Mustafi while sending Mavropanos out on loan again or selling him as well then we absolutely do need a back up in the form of Luiz. Let wait and see what happens first.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

there’s nothing in the recent history of the club that suggests an upward trend coming any time soon. Not one single thing
We need to start with smaller goals. Starting with watching a slightly coherent side

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
You OK bro? Yeah, quality not good enough. Poor recruitment is a big issue for Arteta. Fewer hot heads, less rash challenges, less mistakes.
Yeah bro. A bit tired after achieving some great feats(according to myself) but Arsenal have a way of blowing it somehow. Sick of this ****. If Saka leaves I'm done with this club for good.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wish I was that optimistic. City, United, Sp**s, Chelsea, Liverpool and even Leicester have much better squads. Top 4 is a pipe dream a t m, certainly while our midfield and defence is so poor.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom