• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The fans really should have waited to see if we get Champions League, before they started singing that new Arteta chant.

Feels very jinxy!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@AbouCuéllar if you admit that Mikel is somewhat of Pep-lite then can you argue that he’s not the right fit for a team like Arsenal?

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
@AbouCuéllar if you admit that Mikel is somewhat of Pep-lite then can you argue that he’s not the right fit for a team like Arsenal?
We have had 2.5 seasons of Arteta, back to back 8th place finishes, almost 300m investment and yet we’re only ahead of last season by 4pts (while only playing one game a week). If a person is still backing Arteta after a sea of evidence that he’s clearly not fit for our club and our ambitions, then you cannot expect a well reasoned response to your well reasoned question. Like all cult followers, they will find and invent reasons to back up their warped sense of reality.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta beating Chelsea, with his 2 main players and leaders of his youth revolution of Arsenal, scoring 10 league goals for the first (but not last) time in their career...

Emile-Smith-Rowe-and-Bukayo-Saka.jpg

...have a nice evening, AM!

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Sure, you can argue that.

I wouldn't, because I think what we badly needed post-Wenger was someone with a coherent project and vision for the club, and someone with the personality and conviction to enforce it, and also someone who continued the philosophical legacy of Wenger. Arteta is that for me, and he's doing it with a modernised version which proposes football and seeks to dominate games proactively, which is part of the legacy of Wenger which I think is so important to continue at this club, after he spent 20+ years associating the club with it, in what I would consider his greatest feat as Arsenal manager.

And Pep-lite for me is still a major compliment.

What I don't think there is, or should be any argument about, and what strikes me as a rather stupid argument / belief, is the one about who has done better for this club, Arteta, or Em*ry. But I definitely respect those who are on the fence or even anti-Arteta (within reason, and willing to be flexible and open-minded in their assessment of him), as I am somewhat on the fence myself, and not completely convinced by his work over his 2 and a half seasons, despite the adverse conditions he picked the club up in.*

* (That said, the more I give myself time and get more objective with my emotions, I tend to come back to a more pro-Arteta stance when I analyse coldly the facts and information; the times I have considered myself against him--after Everton and United, and after Villarreal / the end of the season last, and even to some extent after these last 3 matches, though I learned from the previous two episodes to not post and take some time before assessing things a bit more coldly--after further analysis and distance from my emotions I tend to see that there are more arguments for him, than against him)

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Sure, you can argue that.

I wouldn't, because I think what we badly needed post-Wenger was someone with a coherent project and vision for the club, and someone with the personality and conviction to enforce it, and also someone who continued the philosophical legacy of Wenger. Arteta is that for me, and he's doing it with a modernised version which proposes football and seeks to dominate games proactively, which is part of the legacy of Wenger which I think is so important to continue at this club, after he spent 20+ years associating the club with it, in what I would consider his greatest feat as Arsenal manager.

And Pep-lite for me is still a major compliment.

What I don't think there is, or should be any argument about, and what strikes me as a rather stupid argument / belief, is the one about who has done better for this club, Arteta, or Em*ry. But I definitely respect those who are on the fence or even anti-Arteta (within reason, and willing to be flexible and open-minded in their assessment of him), as I am somewhat on the fence myself, and not completely convinced by his work over his 2 and a half seasons, despite the adverse conditions he picked the club up in.*

* (That said, the more I give myself time and get more objective with my emotions, I tend to come back to a more pro-Arteta stance when I analyse coldly the facts and information; the times I have considered myself against him--after Everton and United, and after Villarreal / the end of the season last, and even to some extent after these last 3 matches, though I learned from the previous two episodes to not post and take some time before assessing things a bit more coldly--after further analysis and distance from my emotions I tend to see that there are more arguments for him, than against him)
But to play the Guardiola style you kind of need a £1Bn squad?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Managers will be always rated by results you can't play great football every game to win football matches you need ugly wins and these 1-0 wins at times. Arteta need to get rid of inconsistency we can't go 3 wins and 3 loses this been big part of his time here we can still get 20 League games win but losing 10+ it's unacceptable it won't achieve nothing long term

He is new His team is young and I expected that but if he can get consistent with results then it'll be fun.

Spending money to build the squad or improve it is part of today managers at big clubs you won't achieve the expectations by not improving team so spending 100-150M a season shouldn't be problem for club like ours and i hope people stop look like we are overspending. This is modern football get use to it.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
But to play the Guardiola style you kind of need a £1Bn squad?
Nah, to play Guardiola style and win the league yeah, or really good squad development so your squad is more talented than what you actually paid for it (which is the way to win the league almost irregardless of what style we go for), but there is nothing saying that you can't get 4th (we might and should get it this season...) or 3rd or exceed expectations with our current (watered-down Guardiola-ball) style, and potentially do interesting things in CL tournament football.

Anyways, the league is going to be extremely, extremely hard to win unless we build Arteta into something like a Guardiola level manager and continue to build the squad extremely intelligently (through youth, because buying it like City or even Liverpool to a lesser extent is not going to really be the way for us, especially because Liverpool had that window to buy real premium talent like van Dijk and Alisson that we don't really have because they are firmly in front of us now, where they just had City in front of them at that point), at least until Guardiola and Klopp leave the league, and even then, the unfortunate thing is that City have top class and forward thinking directors (Ferran Soriano, and Txiki, which is the reason they got Pep in the first place of course) in place who I trust to make far better decisions post-Guardiola than we did post-Wenger, and Liverpool too would seem to have a very good and forward-thinking directive.

The real window to win the league was there just post-Fergie before City got Soriano and then later Guardiola and before Liverpool got Klopp, but unfortunately that also coincided with a time where Wenger was no longer at the tactical forefront of the game and our decision makers at the top were some of the worst in football.

For now we need to be patient and get back into CL, and hope that Arteta develops into a Guardiola / Klopp level world-class manager while continuing to build the squad intelligently in a way where we can potentially outplay our economic power / standing as Liverpool has done, or hope that we hit on a Guardiola / Klopp level manager as our next manager, while Arteta continues to progress the club, if not as fast as we might hope (atm, and certainly it will be as fast as we hope if we do get CL this season).

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
For the record, for those suggesting we didn't deserve this win, and that it wasn't a good performance...

Sometimes I wonder what it takes to get a bit of faint praise. Necessary victory at Stamford Bridge after three disappointing, and undeniably unfortunate results (won on xG in all 3 matches rather handily), and people are doing what they can to subtract from it...

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Amazing result for him. But he sure needed it.

I think Chelsea played a fairly open game against us, and played a quick transition end to end game where we traded attacks pretty directly.

I think we are exactly one of the teams not to do this against. It really favours the type of players we have.

If lacazette had played I don't think we win this one necessarily.

Kav

Established Member
All you rabid doggies never learn, get in here to have your hate wankfests whenever things waver a bit but Arteta just keeps working and keeps being better than the clowns you big up in your rabid dog, blind hatefests.

VIVA Arteta VIVA EL ARSENAL!!!!
Cockroach #1

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

For the record, for those suggesting we didn't deserve this win, and that it wasn't a good performance...

Sometimes I wonder what it takes to get a bit of faint praise. Necessary victory at Stamford Bridge after three disappointing, and undeniably unfortunate results (won on xG in all 3 matches rather handily), and people are doing what they can to subtract from it...
I mean if we want to play that game then a penalty has an xG score of .75 lots of fortune in both of Eddie’s goals which also had high xG values.

Nobody is actually using this performance to criticise Mikel, if anything people are pre-emptively shutting down attempts to use this performance to praise Mikel. 😂

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Latest posts

Top Bottom