• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I will say even though I quite like Arteta and want him to stay and do well I still think he was the wrong appointment, just too risky.

It's taken 2 years or so to get us to the position where we looking on the up. It's not really even his fault, it's the nature of being a novice manager you're going to make mistakes. The well laid plans you've thought out often don't translate to reality.

Even if Arteta does a good job, gets us competitive for titles, maybe wins a few cups along the way, when he leaves no sane person would be saying lets appoint another manager with zero experience because Arteta worked out. If Arteta is successful with us he's a major anomaly, not the norm.

It's was such a risky appointment and I can't even put it down as a clever appointment by the board even if it works out because I don't believe for the most part they're intelligent football minds.
Yeah and because of his two fist seasons, the question of would an experienced manager fixed things quicker will always be there and it’s hard to say he wouldn’t. The funniest thing is he was hired as a complete gamble, and treated like a manager with proven record. That stretch where we had something like 10 games with no wins would have sacked any gamble manager

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I will say even though I quite like Arteta and want him to stay and do well I still think he was the wrong appointment, just too risky.

It's taken 2 years or so to get us to the position where we are looking on the up ( to whatever degree). It's not really even his fault, it's the nature of being a novice manager you're going to make mistakes. The well laid plans you've thought out often don't translate to reality. Man management is a skill that generally has to be honed and developed over time. It's not simple dealing with a group of guys with different personality profiles.

Even if Arteta does a good job, gets us competitive for titles, maybe wins a few cups along the way, when he leaves no sane person would be saying lets appoint another manager with zero experience because Arteta worked out. If Arteta is successful with us he's a major anomaly, not the norm.

It's was such a risky appointment and I can't even put it down as a clever appointment by the board even if it works out because I don't believe for the most part they're intelligent football minds.
What were our options?

I remember people wanting Mourinho ffs. 😆

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Next 5 games are massive for the Arteta outers vs inners on here.

Get top 4, and in 3 years he's won a trophy, got Arsenal back into the CL and built one of the youngest and most exciting squads around.

Fail to finish in the top 4 and he's been here for 3 years, spent over 200m, come 8th twice and returned Arsenal to the competition we were in when he initially took over.

Feels like the last few years of AM has been building up to this...

It's been nice fighting with you comrades @Makingtrax @jones @Macho @Trilly @Rasmi

drippin

Next 5 games are massive for the Arteta outers vs inners on here.

Get top 4, and in 3 years he's won a trophy, got Arsenal back into the CL and built one of the youngest and most exciting squads around.

Fail to finish in the top 4 and he's been here for 3 years, spent over 200m, come 8th twice and returned Arsenal to the competition we were in when he initially took over.

Feels like the last few years of AM has been building up to this...
If we finish 5th getting UEL, this forum will be unbearable with people complaining how the management doesn't sack Arteta, because their own expectations got higher while the season progressed and Arteta overachieved.

They will be soooo shocked how they extend Arteta in this scenario, and we will not hear the end of it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If we finish 5th getting UEL, this forum will be unbearable with people complaining how the management doesn't sack Arteta, because their own expectations got higher while the season progressed and Arteta overachieved.

They will be soooo shocked how they extend Arteta in this scenario, and we will not hear the end of it.
I predicted we’ll finish 5th and push for 4th as Utd still had Ole, I’m sure you’ll find my vote in the poll we had, and it’s worked out exactly as such.

Not getting 4th now with a poor Utd and Sp**s as our only rivals would be a massive underachievement. Surely you re-evaluate your predictions as the season goes on, right now, less than 4th would be a massive car crash.

drippin

I predicted we’ll finish 5th and push for 4th as Utd still had Ole, I’m sure you’ll find my vote in the poll we had, and it’s worked out exactly as such.

Not getting 4th now with a poor Utd and Sp**s as our only rivals would be a massive underachievement. Surely you re-evaluate your predictions as the season goes on, right now, less than 4th would be a massive car crash.
It is totally expected that Arteta Outers in the polls put higher places so they can complain when it doesn't happen.

Proves absolutely nothing.

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

GDeep™

League is very weak
It is expected Arteta Outers in the polls put higher places so they can complain when it doesn't happen.

Proves nothing.
What about my point about re-evaluating your targets and predictions as the season goes on?

You can’t justify us finishing below Sp**s now? That’s surely a massive underachievement given how poor they’ve been.

drippin

What about my point about re-evaluating your targets and predictions as the season goes on?

You can’t justify us finishing below Sp**s now? That’s surely a massive underachievement given how poor they’ve been.
Sp**s actually hasn't been very poor this season, and they have been lucky with some late goals earlier in the season, and red cards. They are just very up and down in performances.

And no, you don't sack a manager who barely misses UCL when UEL was the expectation, while he has had injuries and xG for example shows that we perform at a top 4 level, and have for almost 1,5 years.

No adjusting expectations, which is more like moving the goal posts.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sp**s actually hasn't been very poor this season, and they have been lucky with some late goals earlier in the season, and red cards. They are just very up and down in performances.

And no, you don't sack a manager who barely misses UCL when UEL was the expectation, while he has had injuries and xG for example shows that we perform at a top 4 level, and have for almost 1,5 years.

No adjusting expectations, which is more like moving the goal posts.
I don’t think he should get sacked for a 5th place finish, but given how the season has worked out, you seriously question how we’ve finished behind Sp**s after spending what we did, playing once a week and them having the problems they did.

My prediction was 5th, with us pushing Utd. Even in the summer I didn’t think Sp**s were anything to fear.

A finish below Sp**s is now a failure.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think he should get sacked for a 5th place finish, but given how the season has worked out, you seriously question how we’ve finished behind Sp**s after spending what we did, playing once a week and them having the problems they did.

My prediction was 5th, with us pushing Utd. Even in the summer I didn’t think Sp**s were anything to fear.

A finish below Sp**s is now a failure.

Disagree with a lot of this but understand where you're coming from.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No idea why people are discussing 5th, there's no way we don't finish top 4 now. Weve got one foot in the CL, we're not bottling it from here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It depends on how you see things. My stance, which I have stated long time ago, is that I won't be here a lot if things go wrong. This forum is unbearable at that point. It's so pessimistic and full of whining even when things go well.

Besides, it made no sense to have circular arguments with you guys anyway (I don't have the energy or time for it always, shocking isn't it?), when I now have clear proof of what I saw even in those games. That Palace game was not so good, but other games we had good performances especially considering the injuries.

Non-Penalty xG difference was top 4 level even in those losses, some of which were unlucky. Even against Palace it was, which surprised me a bit. For example Forster made many huge saves.

FRSZlJHVsAAx6Ws

While you were gone I said that Arteta being able to get some results while we have players out is exactly what we need to see from him to show that he can be an Arsenal manager.

I think the two performances have been poor and sprinkled with luck but if by the end of the season he’s in the top four then well done to him.

I think you’ll remember me saying weeks/months ago that finishing in the top four should definitely be acknowledged but not praised. I don’t think it’s that impressive given the context but it’s good.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up. If Teta gets top four he’s done a remarkable job, one very few predicted at the start of the season. Still a 50/50 chance but if he gets us CL football anything but a new contract would be poor. :handshake:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
huh, I was checking the poll and there sure are a lot of mikriders saying he needs to get top 4 to keep his job. 🤔

@Blood on the Tracks vote suprised me, tbh.

Seems most of the people who are seen as the Outers either don't want him outright (which is a bit ott, imo), or were fine with the team doing better or getting Europa.

hmmm

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom