• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Let's be real. There are a vocal minority of Arsenal fans on Twitter etc that loathe Arteta for the type of personality he is, how he cast out underperforming fan favourites and for getting financial backing from the club that later years Wenger and Emery never did.

There are genuine criticisms of Arteta that hold water, his tactics and management style all can and need to be improved in certain areas, no-one can deny that but it should also be crystal clear that he's one of the most promising young managers in the game currently.

The last month or so has been crap and I'm not happy with the situation and that includes Arteta as one of my primary concerns but the really over the top knee jerk stuff against him is so silly.

If Arteta takes the sole blame for the last month or so, okay, then surely he deserves the sole credit for the previous 30 odd PL games this season. I don't agree with that logic but if it's being used to paint him in a bad light now it should equally be used for the good he's done.

This isn't me white knighting for Arteta or trying to say he shouldn't be criticised, he should be for various errors he's made. For example no-one will be more critical of how he used Partey last night than me, it was atrocious but I'm going to view it in context of the whole season.
I also feel people are forgetting that this is his first job and usually managers making the same kind of mistakes he's making early on in a career are doing so at a much lower profile job with much lower stakes. I agree, there is a lot of valid criticism that can be made but to discount 3/4 of the season that were excellent because of 1/4 that wasn't is just gross and pathetic.

WiscoGooner8

I also feel people are forgetting that this is his first job and usually managers making the same kind of mistakes he's making early on in a career are doing so at a much lower profile job with much lower stakes. I agree, there is a lot of valid criticism that can be made but to discount 3/4 of the season that were excellent because of 1/4 that wasn't is just gross and pathetic.
That’s just it. I’m fine with putting up with his growing pains if we are showing overall improvement or progress. If we have a few seasons of top 3 while City are at their peak like this it’s totally fine. To say that if he doesn’t win the title next year he should be out is ludicrous.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Why’s is embarrassing? That’s probably kids from all over the world having a fit on Twitter.

I am not even an Arteta fan and I honestly thought there was a danger we would not make top 4 . Just two months ago most of the fanbase were so far up his arse it's not even funny . The last thing I would expect .

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
So going by the reports I’ve seen the last week or so, it sounds like KSE are going to back this guy again, another £200-300m spend and he surely has to go if we don’t win the league, no?

Arsenal are no different to these other oil clubs now. All future success is from owner investment.

Sad stuff.

So this is a statistic that was circulated recently, which puts into perspective the level of spending since Pep Guardiola came into the Premier League.

I think lets be clear on the level of spending required to compete at the top of the PL and go far in the CL. Arsenal have been lagging behind for years, with a lot of that reported 772m coming in the last 5 years.

You cannot compete if you arent willing to pay the money. There is no escaping this.

Premier-League-Clubs-Transfer-Soending-2016-2023.jpg

gamechannel

See how you created a strawman immediately like every histrionic goofball with no actual point to make. There are legitimate criticisms of Arteta to be made. All you're doing is pissing and moaning for the sake of it. By the way, you're not even smart enough to do your math properly. Assuming City win both of their matches and we beat Wolves, even winning the fixtures you mentioned would give us an extra 10 points (2+2+3+3) which would bring us level on 94 points with City where we would lose on goal difference. What's so f*cking difficult to understand??
Ok so yeah, we would have lost on goal difference but still, we would have been able to say we left it all on the field and came up short. But to capitulate at in the last 7-8 games, we didn't give ourselves a chance. That is on the Manager. Just like most fans had their heads shoved up Arteta's ass for the first 30 odd games for having us first, they should be kicking his ass for crumbling when it really mattered. But no, all I see is most Arteta fans blaming the players, squad depth, Man Citys spending, our lack of spending, Saliba's injury etc - Anything but the Manager.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Ok so yeah, we would have lost on goal difference but still, we would have been able to say we left it all on the field and came up short. But to capitulate at in the last 7-8 games, we didn't give ourselves a chance. That is on the Manager. Just like most fans had their heads shoved up Arteta's ass for the first 30 odd games for having us first, they should be kicking his ass for crumbling when it really mattered. But no, all I see is most Arteta fans blaming the players, squad depth, Man Citys spending, our lack of spending, Saliba's injury etc - Anything but the Manager.
So you want to put the last 7 games on him while diminishing what he achieved the first 30. You don't want to have a rational discussion at all. You're arguing against an extreme position with your own extreme position instead of looking for the truth in the middle.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Anyone saying Arteta out is now just trolling or an idiot.

Yes we bottled it. Did we have a valid excuse, yes Rob Holding. Those 3-4 games without Saliba and with Rob basically destroyed our season. I don't count the Brighton loss not the Notts loss as bottling. The league was lost in the Southampton draw.

In the bigger scheme of things. We wildly over performed pundits didn't expect us to finish in the top 4 let alone compete for the title.

We need to add strength and depth. Need to get rid of the weak links. Xhaka, holding, Nkethiah, Fabio etc. A RB, a CF, a RW, LCM, LB, DM.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
So this is a statistic that was circulated recently, which puts into perspective the level of spending since Pep Guardiola came into the Premier League.

I think lets be clear on the level of spending required to compete at the top of the PL and go far in the CL. Arsenal have been lagging behind for years, with a lot of that reported 772m coming in the last 5 years.

You cannot compete if you arent willing to pay the money. There is no escaping this.

Premier-League-Clubs-Transfer-Soending-2016-2023.jpg
What did Lfc do with less money, so unless he is number 1 net spend he can never be expected to win anything apparently. Stan isn’t rich enough, Edu isn’t good enough but Arteta did great 👍

Reactions: Kav

Farzad Stoned

There are segments of this fanbase who are so insufferable that the universe might not want us to win because of them.
Oh yeah who else’s fault is it other than the manager. Yeah fans who see his glaring errors are to blame but not the guy who makes the team sheet. Amazing how everyone else is to blame. Stan is not rich enough, the players who got 50 points in half season not good enough, the club not good enough, now the fans aren’t good enough.

The fact is one guy is 100 percent to blame, this like Putin blaming gay satanists for why he invaded Ukraine

Farzad Stoned

100 percent ent on Arteta no one else has even one percent of blame

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Love me some good Artetaout moments, a reminder that once the result is what it is only the memories of the football remain and for quite a few people they are just thoroughly uninteresting.

Give me a manager that doesn't make me sleep when watching my team, I don't care if he doesn't win

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I really hope our rather pathetic fanbase will demand more than top 4 from this fraud next season. If he doesnt win a major title he should get sacked. A serious club would have sacked him a long time ago as a matter of fact. He is our Ole but with a title.

Farzad Stoned

I really hope our rather pathetic fanbase will demand more than top 4 from this fraud next season. If he doesnt win a major title he should get sacked. A serious club would have sacked him a long time ago as a matter of fact. He is our Ole but with a title.

I don’t even think he will be fired next year if he falls just outside the CL places. The excuse makers in the fanbase and Arteta’s PR ability will just do what they are doing now and blame nonexistent injury crises or claim we are poor little club and Stan doesn’t spend enough

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
100 percent ent on Arteta no one else has even one percent of blame

Oh yeah who else’s fault is it other than the manager. Yeah fans who see his glaring errors are to blame but not the guy who makes the team sheet. Amazing how everyone else is to blame. Stan is not rich enough, the players who got 50 points in half season not good enough, the club not good enough, now the fans aren’t good enough.

The fact is one guy is 100 percent to blame, this like Putin blaming gay satanists for why he invaded Ukraine

So following the logic of these posts… the players are good enough because they achieved 50 points in half a season… but the manager who managed them to get those 50 points is not good enough? But also, the manager is 100% to blame… but gets no credit for the 50 points in half the season? Interesting.

Farzad Stoned

So following the logic of these posts… the players are good enough because they achieved 50 points in half a season… but the manager who managed them to get those 50 points is not good enough? But also, the manager is 100% to blame… but gets no credit for the 50 points in half the season? Interesting.
Do they give a trophy for halfway 50? A manager who can’t positively close out a year (now 3 straight bad year endings) is as useful as t.ts on a bull. At the start of season consensus was CL qualification or firing. He did that so i suppose he gets minimal credit for accomplishing in 4 tries what ETH did in one

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom