• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Fully expect us to bend over for Wolves. He is yet to show that he can prevent bleeding from turning into hemorrhaging when things go wrong. You cannot have a manager come out and say in the media that he knows your attack is dependent on one side, double up on that side, dare you to beat him on the other side where a Joshua Kimmich that my nan would skin in a foot race and Eric f*cking Dier are the impediments and then fail to score. Every year he burns the same players out while ensuring that those who don't get game time are not ready when called upon. Every year he finds something that works, often by accident or a circumstance outside of his control and then abandons it nonsensically trying to prove he's clever. Enough is enough. Buy some players who can make things happen 1v1 and run at a man and let your team play football.
Throughout his time here his team goes on bad runs. We don’t have just one bad game and play well again. Every season we have patterns where we don’t win games and we look lost

Alkesh

A few things that are concerning over the last few games. First, it feels like he's becoming increasingly defensive as the season gets tough, and it's hurting our play. Second, we always seem to come out of the blocks very slowly, especially in the 2nd half.

Both Saka and especially Martinelli looked uncharacteristically restricted today. Martinelli especially loves to take on his man and run to the byline, but today he kept checking his runs and looking to play more disciplined. We had basically zero wing play today because of it, and it made our attack look totally one-dimensional.

This is also the 2nd game in a row where we have finished a first half strong, then gotten absolutely destroyed out of the gates in the 2nd half. Something about the half-time routine is clearly not working at all.

Frankly I think our performance in the league and UCL are about what I expected given the squad's construction. There are some glaring holes that I think would have prevented us from going much further. That being said, a manager is supposed to elevate the team to play above their capabilities, and I'm concerned by the fact that he didn't manage to inspire any of our starters to play a good game in a critical UCL tie.

I know you're being sarcastic but that is exactly what he should be doing. Critical evaluation is necessary for development. He has made some massive blunders in the last few games and needs to own them. And if he can't then someone above him needs to do the necessary. If he can't learn from his mistakes (and all evidence shows that he isn't) then he needs to go.

Think Arteta has shown in many cases ability to improve on his decisions. Actually one of his better traits.

It's grim now but when the season is evaluated and we go by most people's predictions on this team competing for top 4 and getting to the final 16 in CL it's a good achievement. Dont think any of higher-ups will be asking questions other than how they can back him more.

Maybe after the next season the questions will be asked.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Throughout his time here his team goes on bad runs. We don’t have just one bad game and play well again. Every season we have patterns where we don’t win games and we look lost

We seem to get figured out and take a bit too long to adjust. Maybe because he is so strong on systems, once decent teams clock it properly it becomes easy to shut down.

I also think his style takes A LOT out of players and he needs to learn to manage minutes throughout the season better. Guys like Rice and Saka look DEAD.

Let's see if he gets some attacking reinforcements this summer

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Think Arteta has shown in many cases ability to improve on his decisions. Actually one of his better traits.

It's grim now but when the season is evaluated and we go by most people's predictions on this team competing for top 4 and getting to the final 16 in CL it's a good achievement. Dont think any of higher-ups will be asking questions other than how they can back him more.

Maybe after the next season the questions will be asked.

Exactly. Nobody said in July that we wanted first place and a CL final, or else failure.

Also, do you want to fire him for that 5% extra? Is it worth such a risk?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He needs to go for a cup next year. People want silverware, otherwise you'll become a laughing stock.

Lol in a way, but it's moreso just bravado.

I remember when Sp*rs would get ridiculed under Poch for not having trophies, but at least for me personally, I was thanking Jesus, Allah, Buddha etc., when he left them because I knew he was a quality manager.

I don't really care what other fans or even pundits say, I've personally seen enough to know that Arteta is the kind of quality you don't let go of easily.

That said, there are areas we need to work on for sure.

Rattata

Lol in a way, but it's moreso just bravado.

I remember when Sp*rs would get ridiculed under Poch for not having trophies, but at least for me personally, I was thanking Jesus, Allah, Buddha etc., when he left them because I knew he was a quality manager.

I don't really care what other fans or even pundits say, I've personally seen enough to know that Arteta is the kind of quality you don't let go of easily.

That said, there are areas we need to work on for sure.
The issue for Sp**s wasn't sacking Poch though. It was replacing him with a washed up manager in Mourinho and then followed by another has been in Conte.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Because the team play paint by numbers football instead of letting players express themselves. It's no wonder Ødegaard is the talisman and best player. He's the only one capable of routine individual brilliance in attack. He needs to stop looking for system players and start finding match winners. If we don't see credible links to pacy, technical players immediately once the window is open , there is no need to wonder how this team will fair next season because it will be more of this, flattering to deceive and then faltering in the end.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We good with Arteta, no need for changes.

Tonight and Sunday was not good for our season, but it’s still been a really good season. We’ve evolved once again, become better in key areas on and off the pitch, and we won’t stand still either.

Disappointed tonight, but we look good going forward. Let’s focus on our last six games.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The issue for Sp**s wasn't sacking Poch though. It was replacing him with a washed up manager in Mourinho and then followed by another has been in Conte.

Tbh I think that just proves that finding an exceptional manager isn't that easy.

God knows why we'd want to sack a manager that has proven a lot (albeit he does have his weaknesses), when I still think there's more to come from him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Because the team play paint by numbers football instead of letting players express themselves. It's no wonder Ødegaard is the talisman and best player. He's the only one capable of routine individual brilliance in attack. He needs to stop looking for system players and start finding match winners. If we don't see credible links to pacy, technical players immediately once the window is open , there is no need to wonder how this team will fair next season because it will be more of this, flattering to deceive and then faltering in the end.

Honestly if he and Edu can’t see this team lacks the technical ability to compete with the best and want to continue with their system players with good characters he might as well go. The technical base of this team is not really higher than the likes of Dortmund/Athletico. We are below the real elite

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom