• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Alkesh

Think Arteta has shown in many cases ability to improve on his decisions. Actually one of his better traits.

It's grim now but when the season is evaluated and we go by most people's predictions on this team competing for top 4 and getting to the final 16 in CL it's a good achievement. Dont think any of higher-ups will be asking questions other than how they can back him more.

Maybe after the next season the questions will be asked.

I don't think I'd call it a good achievement, it's more or less the expected one. We knew we had to challenge in the league after how last year went, and getting into the final 16 is about what we should achieve (especially given that we crawled in on penalties against a weak draw).

It was always going to be tough to manage a return to the CL, but I do think the way Arteta's navigated the last two months or so has been pretty poor. The team has largely failed to produce in the UCL, and I think his setup has been overly cautious on a number of occasions in the league.

A manager that gets exactly what you'd expect with the quality of player available should not be considered stellar, or good. It's average.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Is Stan will be hungry for major trophies we'll see about it later.

Arteta done amazing job taking club that was collapsing badly to compete in league and get into last 8 in our first CL since Wenger days. But nothing last forever so he desperately need to win somethingm

He also need to stop being clever with his buys. Buy players that take the team another level

GoonerJay24

The one thing that's definitely against him is that he's completely botched the midfield. We basically have to play Jorginho who can't really play every game because as soon as he's taken out we lost any ability to keep the ball and play between the lines.

I said even before the season begun, midfield is the problem. I'm sorry but you can't setup for passing possession based football and sign £100m midfielders who don't suit that game.

Alkesh

I said even before the season begun, midfield is the problem. I'm sorry but you can't setup for passing possession based football and sign £100m midfielders who don't suit that game.

The team's reliance on Jorginho clearly displays that weakness I think. Okay player for the league, but our midfield looks non-existent in the UCL. And of course, he can't play 2 games week anymore.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Is Stan will be hungry for major trophies we'll see about it later.

Arteta done amazing job taking club that was collapsing badly to compete in league and get into last 8 in our first CL since Wenger days. But nothing last forever so he desperately need to win somethingm

He also need to stop being clever with his buys. Buy players that take the team another level
Stan will be happy with the CL revenue. Maybe Josh can influence his daddy but not very likely.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Stan will be happy with the CL revenue. Maybe Josh can influence his daddy but not very likely.
Stan teams recently win things so he might ask Arteta to deliver something of course football is not like American sports still he'd want a major trophy

HattoriHanzo

I don't think I'd call it a good achievement, it's more or less the expected one. We knew we had to challenge in the league after how last year went, and getting into the final 16 is about what we should achieve (especially given that we crawled in on penalties against a weak draw).

It was always going to be tough to manage a return to the CL, but I do think the way Arteta's navigated the last two months or so has been pretty poor. The team has largely failed to produce in the UCL, and I think his setup has been overly cautious on a number of occasions in the league.

A manager that gets exactly what you'd expect with the quality of player available should not be considered stellar, or good. It's average.
Really poor, only 10 wins, 1 draw (City away) and 1 loss in Prem since New Year's Day.
In UCL it wasn't good, I agree.

Alkesh

Really poor, only 10 wins, 1 draw (City away) and 1 loss in Prem since New Year's Day.
In UCL it wasn't good, I agree.

Against mostly a whole lot of nothing teams. The only teams of any quality that we beat in the league are Liverpool (after losing to them in the FA Cup) and Newcastle (who are horribly inconsistent, and played terribly on the day).

Arsenal should be beating Crystal Palace, or Forest, or Sheffield, or Burnley, or Brentford, or Luton. Having a run of games where you beat minnows isn't impressive.

We didn't show up in the UCL. We didn't show up in the FA Cup. We looked timid against City. We didn't show up against Villa. Those are the games that make or break your season, and both Arteta and the team didn't look up for them.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose

When will Arteta handle an April run in? why does he capitulate in this month. All comes down to poor squad management and not rotating well and too busy running our players down to the ground, also the poor recruitment and squad planning.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom