• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Completely on him.
1. Wrong starting 11. Can't put xhaka at LB. Need him at mid
2. Wrong tactic switch at HT. Got xhaka in mid but pushed Marti back.
3. Wrong subs order. Eddie was decent but come on pepe has to come before him.

I don't rate nuno but just play him or put even Saka back there. Don't move xhaka out of midfield man!! At this rate we will finish 8th again and even I can't defend him after that.
Not liking this negative stuff on here. Have faith in the process ffs.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
The squad isn't good enough for top 4. That's not down to Arteta, but we were so lucky this season with United and Tottenham imploding and no european football that we should've reached top 4.
You have your first choice left back injured
You bought a second choice left back
You decide to keep him on the bench and put your main centre midfielder at left back
In order to strengthen one position you end up weak at 2 positions
Who is to blame Arteta or squad?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Still not over yet but every time he gets the chance to silence the chequebook manager claims he fails.

Starting to question how good of a coach he is pound for pound. Can’t punch above his weight, can’t compete against other managers unless he has a much better team on paper. Even at our best we don’t create a lot or clear cut chances.

If top four happens then I’ll be over the moon but it was a mistake to back him. Proper Goldilocks manager.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You have your first choice left back injured
You bought a second choice left back
You decide to keep him on the bench and put your main centre midfielder at left back
In order to strengthen one position you end up weak at 2 positions
Who is to blame Arteta or squad?
Arteta is to blame as are the players. Didn't turn up. No reaction. No fight. Just little boys with their heads down. Pathetic performance.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Still not over yet but every time he gets the chance to silence the chequebook manager claims he fails.

Starting to question how good of a coach he is pound for pound. Can’t punch above his weight, can’t compete against other managers unless he has a much better team on paper. Even at our best we don’t create a lot or clear cut chances.

If top four happens then I’ll be over the moon but it was a mistake to back him. Proper Goldilocks manager.
Top 4 never happening. It was a coin toss before Palace. 2 losses later and injuries its impossible.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Look, that run from December up until the Palace game was really good.

I held my hands up and I've said it several times that I believe I got it wrong wrt Arteta. Now, we still have 8 games left to play and mathematically it's still possible to get top 4.

I'm still going to get behind the team and I really hope that by some miracle we can still get top 4.

However, the blame for that absolute shambles today, falls squarely on Arteta's shoulders. Very poor play, no momentum in that first half and he tried to galaxy brain the starting line up and completely fluffed it.

The bag has well and truly been fumbled and it'll be very hard for us to recover from this position. P!ssed off.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Got to put my hands up, I was buying that run from December as genuine progress. Let's face it though, nothings changed. Stick a replay of any number of games from last season on and it reads exactly like today. No urgency, no belief, confusion in the team and never looking like threatening. I can handle missing out on top 4 if we do all we can to get there. That's two games in a row though where we've went out there with what looked like no game plan.

Before this game he was already talking about being happy when he would have "22 players", I'm sure that would've been a lovely thing for the current squad to be reading about. We shouldn't crumble like this every time a few get injured. He bought a LB for that reason and has already discarded him. This is Arsenal, Mikel not Manchester City.

The board or Edu shouldn't get off lightly here either though. They as good as admitted CL didn't matter in January when they allowed a number of decent players to go without replacing them.

I the reason you were buying into the process is not because you were being fooled. You bought in because we were actually performing quite well, both visible and invisible statistics.

The team is playing a proper style of football now, which is effective and credit must be given to Arteta and team for that. That is what I think KSE are buying into. But that good football is still limited to particular conditions.

We wont make it from here, because we have lost those particular conditions needed to succeed. I think a discussion can be had regarding the manager's inability to adjust the team to meet the situation at hand.

Reactions: Kav

Nicenho

We will be 7th in the table by the time we go away to sp*rs. Relax top 4 isn’t happening.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The reason you were buying into the process wasnt because you were being fooled. You bought in because we were actually performing quite well, both visible and invisible statistics.

The team is playing a proper style of football now, which is effective, but still limited to particular conditions.

We wont make it from here, because we have lost those particular conditions needed to succeed. I think a discussion can be had regarding the manager's inability to adjust the team to meet the situation at hand.

But this is the major problem. We where performing well with a first choice team. Now we see again when some of those players are out of the side we look awful. The two players in question also happen to be reasonably injury prone which means there is a high likelihood of this situation happening again.

The conditions it clearly requires for Arteta to succeed is players of similar quality to come in when your first choice ones are out. Unfortunately for him he's managing Arsenal and not Manchester City or the like.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
grand-closing-grand-opening.gif

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
But this is the major problem. We where performing well with a first choice team. Now we see again when some of those players are out of the side we look awful. The two players in question also happen to be reasonably injury prone which means there is a high likelihood of this situation happening again.

The conditions it clearly requires for Arteta to succeed is players of similar quality to come in when your first choice ones are out. Unfortunately for him he's managing Arsenal and not Manchester City or the like.

Yes, this is a key problem with Arteta's management.

He has to adapt his management to all scenarios, not the ideal one. Its a bad sign and it will show up again, even when we are covered in all areas.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Adding to the starting 11 mistake is playing Ødegaard and esr in the mid together. It has never worked. Have seen people here suggesting that as well. But we tried that early this season and even then it didn't work. Stop doing that and bring xhaka back to mid.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I'm back to the stage of bargaining. Already starting to negotiate it's somehow better if Villa don't do us a favour and we drop down to 7th and 8th on the off chance there'll be a change at the helm but who am I kidding.

Not even about a combined 0 points, 0-5 goals vs Palace and Brighton as if that weren't enough but the level of performance. Literally no other club anywhere with our resources would stick with their manager showing these runs of form 2.5 years into the job. We played as few matches as anyone in the entire league and we show up from kick off as disheveled as if we're just coming in from the pub. Disgraceful

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom