• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Yeah it's not like we scored 88 goals last year and 89 this year with a game to go. Have you seen the Robot play yesterday or vs. us? He's pathetic and I wouldn't want him anywhere near us.
He'd be improved in his alround play under Arteta and imagine how impactful he'd be on our corners!

GoonerJay24

He's been doing a great job in the last 2 seasons.
Nobody is gonna call for his head as long as he finishes in Top 2 in the league.

Has to be accountability at some point. I'm not calling for Arteta to leave, but I've always had my doubts about him.

It's unusual in any era of football for a club to spend as much as we have and not reach even one final in four seasons.

blaze_of_glory

Has to be accountability at some point. I'm not calling for Arteta to leave, but I've always had my doubts about him.

It's unusual in any era of football for a club to spend as much as we have and not reach even one final in four seasons.
It's an unusual era. Unprecedented for the league as no team has ever dominated like City is doing. Could do better in the cups of course but he also already got one while the team was crap.

My guess is Arteta is here long term, his project is still in development and the club are fully behind him

GoonerJay24

It's an unusual era. Unprecedented for the league as no team has ever dominated like City is doing. Could do better in the cups of course but he also already got one while the team was crap.

My guess is Arteta is here long term, his project is still in development and the club are fully behind him

I have to disagree with this, Liverpool and United dominated similarly in the 90s and 00s. The level of coaching is low currently imo. No wonder so many clubs will be looking for new coaches

He won a cup with mainly Wengers players. Without that, we've not reached a final.

blaze_of_glory

I have to disagree with this, Liverpool and United dominated similarly in the 90s and 00s. The level of coaching is low currently imo. No wonder so many clubs will be looking for new coaches

He won a cup with mainly Wengers players. Without that, we've not reached a final.
City set a points record a few seasons ago and look to be winning four straight, which would be unprecedented. If they don't then we win the title. So...

He won a cup, so go ahead and draw the box where ever you like to exclude it. It still happened

GoonerJay24

City set a points record a few seasons ago and look to be winning four straight, which would be unprecedented. If they don't then we win the title. So...

But the level of coaching and general level is low, imo. I think if Ferguson or Wenger adapted to this era; Pep wouldn't have things this easy.

I really don't think many of you realise how low the coaching is today. How are Burnley trying to play like Ajax or Barcelona? It's madness

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Do you know how I had to follow the title races in the 90s and early 2000s? My granddad had to call me to update me on the table at the weekend because in those days there was no US PL tv deal so I could only really watch CL matches or the occasional Sky satellite PL match. The internet also wasn't what it is now so there was very little information to give you context to what was going on. After telling me how we were doing, my granddad used to send me the sports pages from Essex with writeups of our results on a Monday and I'd get them in the mail usually on Wednesday or Thursday and read them. This is nothing compared to those days. This is a breeze compared to that.
Cheers for this !

fute

But the level of coaching and general level is low, imo. I think if Ferguson or Wenger adapted to this era; Pep wouldn't have things this easy.

I really don't think many of you realise how low the coaching is today. How are Burnley trying to play like Ajax or Barcelona? It's madness

It is management too.

The problem is teams that do spend can't get there act together like Chelsea, Man U. Add in the Sp**s who our inept.

City has two teams to worry about in us and Pool, and they defeated neither one this year.

Tnegs

If the level of coaching is low why would they need to adapt to this era? They should be defining it and setting the standards like Wenger did when he first arrived. It’s because it isn’t true.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

I don't think "accountability" is the right word for it. Finishing Top 2-3 in the league + CL quarterfinals is solid enough for a club like Arsenal even with the current spending.
But it would be great if certain usual suspects stopped putting Arteta on the a pedestal with Pep, Klopp, Wenger, SAF, etc. (until he wins something big at least).

GoonerJay24

It is management too.

The problem is teams that do spend can't get there act together like Chelsea, Man U. Add in the Sp**s who our inept.

City has two teams to worry about in us and Pool, and they defeated neither one this year.

I really worry about football when the likes of Klopp, Ancelotti and Pep fully retire. This next generation coaches seemingly misunderstand the essence of football.

GoonerJay24

I don't think "accountability" is the right word for it. Finishing Top 2-3 in the league + CL quarterfinals is solid enough for a club like Arsenal even with the current spending.
But it would be great if certain usual suspects stopped putting Arteta on the a pedestal with Pep, Klopp, Wenger, SAF, etc. (until he wins something big at least).

You can't trivialize this amount of spending, the club need to maintain financial stability. I think if we don't win again next season; the likes of Saliba and Ødegaard must be sold.

GoonerJay24

Not sure why.

For the football fans who love the spectacle and individuality factor of the game, Pep should be the antichrist.

Well, look across football. There aren't many coaches who adopt original game models. So many of them are copying and idolising Pep.

Coach education is really poor right now, particularly in England

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

tumbleweed GIF

Latest posts

Top Bottom