• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
Are you guys sh.tting me with thread name changing? The mods are trying to wind me up i swear. He can’t rate among the vest till he wins more trophies and league

Melquiades

Means nothing. History only remember winners. Liverpool has a 92 & 97 point league campaigns. Klopp will be remembered for 1 league title. Next season is Arteta last chance or his window will be closed at Arsenal imo

And that's just analysis lacking any sort of nuance.

We put up a season this year basically on par with the freaking Invincibles.

Unfortunately, in this era of PL football, you have one state-sponsored team that is blatantly cheating and financially doping and it is virtually impossible to beat them. Liverpool has likewise had titles stolen from them by the cheaters at City.

If you start firing great managers because they can't beat City, you're almost certainly going to be hiring worse managers that also won't beat City and won't come as close.

This is the best period at Arsenal in nearly 20 years. We've played at a league-winning level even if we've been pipped by cheaters, we're back in the CL, we're back to being a massive club. And most of the posts here are miserable.

And hell, we still might win.

Melquiades

What is this new armchair analysis BS of comparing points tallies across completely different era’s of football?

Fs.

The point is how insane the standard required has become to win the league, because of the cheaters at City who are likely to win for the 6th time in 7 years.

26W 12D 0L which is the greatest achievement in our history (or in nearly any club's history) is now not a good enough record to win the league. It's bonkers.

We've had a fantastic season this year, just like some of the fantastic seasons Liverpool had under Klopp. Those seasons for both teams *should* have won a clean league. They didn't, but when they narrowly didn't I'm not mad at Arsenal or Arsenal's manager, I'm mad at City and the PL and the broken state of football.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
And that's just analysis lacking any sort of nuance.

We put up a season this year basically on par with the freaking Invincibles.

I cannot even begin to explain how ironic this is…

I don’t know how many times people need to hear this before it seeps through.

The Invincibles and Ferguson’s United competed in a very different football landscape where the dispersion of wealth across the premier league teams was an order of magnitude lower than what it is today. This (relatively) more even playing field logically yields the conclusion that you would see lower points totals then vs now. As with just about everything else in the world over the past 20 years, globalisation has left its mark on football, but apparently not on certain man on AM.

I hope this was nuanced enough.

Ps: I love what the team is doing right now but fgs please if I see one more post about this ****. Just analyse and critique what we’re doing now on its own damn merit.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

We've had a fantastic season this year, just like some of the fantastic seasons Liverpool had under Klopp. Those seasons for both teams *should* have won a clean league. They didn't, but when they narrowly didn't I'm not mad at Arsenal or Arsenal's manager, I'm mad at City and the PL and the broken state of football.

This is fine - but then why speak about the Invincibles? Or other posters talking about how we’ve been bettering Ferguson’s totals etc. It’s nonsense.

Melquiades

I cannot even begin to explain how ironic this is…

I don’t know how many times people need to hear this before it seeps through.

The Invincibles and Ferguson’s United competed in a very different football landscape where the dispersion of wealth across the premier league teams was an order of magnitude lower than what it is today. This (relatively) more even playing field logically yields the conclusion that you would see lower points totals then vs now. As with just about everything else in the world over the past 20 years, globalisation has left its mark on football, but apparently not on certain man on AM.

I hope this was nuanced enough.

Ps: I love what the team is doing right now but fgs please if I see one more post about this ****. Just analyse and critique what we’re doing now on its own damn merit.

The 'different financial landscape' right now is pretty much entirely just Manchester City, a team we all know is blatantly cheating.

And that cheating team has bumped the standards to win the league up to insane levels. If you remove that cheating team from the table, the 2nd place team that would have won ... has pretty much the same sort of point totals as historical winners from the first 25 years of the league outside of that insane year that Liverpool lost 1 game and finished 2nd.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

The 'different financial landscape' right now is pretty much entirely just Manchester City, a team we all know is blatantly cheating.

And that cheating team has bumped the standards to win the league up to insane levels. If you remove that cheating team from the table, the 2nd place team that would have won ... has pretty much the same sort of point totals as historical winners from the first 25 years of the league outside of that insane year that Liverpool lost 1 game and finished 2nd.

Right - but we wouldn’t have beaten that second placed team (Liverpool) with this points total either in a most of those seasons… hence my point. The game has moved somewhere new. If you have your **** together now, like Liverpool did and we are now, you can assemble a team that absolutely ****s on most of the league. Points totals just will not be the same.

I have no issue with throwing stones at city because of how they have got to where they are. But it’s worth remembering that there have been other teams (Utd, Chelsea) that have spent just as much but most certainly have not got their **** together.

In an alternate timeline Utd could have got Guardiola and city’s back room staff and put up 100pts totals. They can actually fund it legitimately. What would your argument have been then?

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Means nothing. History only remember winners. Liverpool has a 92 & 97 point league campaigns. Klopp will be remembered for 1 league title. Next season is Arteta last chance or his window will be closed at Arsenal imo

And if Arteta leaves next season what will you be still doing?

Typing ****e from behind your phone.

Go on genius, who should be the next arsenal manager???

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I wanted to say Miki but wasn’t sure if he was here when Arteta showed up.

Bellerin is also an interesting one.
I was going to say someone that would be punted out of the squad prety sharpish, but that doesn't narrow it down that much.

Unlikely to be Bellerin - doesn't really fit with his vegan, eco-friendly vibe.

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
The level of copium required for artetasexuals to justify to themselves that coneboy is still the right manager for arsenal. This is wenger all over again.

Scattering chairs in the meeting room? What childish behavior, I'm sure it was the poor cleaner who was left to pick up the mess

Not sure why someone who was never capped for Spain and achieved nothing in four years after spending 700m at one of the world's top club is receiving royalty awards?

Wonder what awards real proper managers like pep and xabi Alonso would get?

Reactions: Kav

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Wonder what awards real proper managers like pep and xabi Alonso would get?
Why Pep? He only managed clubs that had significant squad and financial advantages. Only with Bayern, he was working with limited (although substantial) resources and he flopped there.

For Alonso, yeah I'm impressed with him

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom