• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
There's no has to win it mate, not with Guardiola, City and their unlimited funds.

I think we have to judge Arteta and the team by how they improve and get better as a unit. Imagine Arsenal get to 95 points next season and finish second. Imagine if they make the semi finals of the Champions league, and win no cups. Surely you cant sack him for that.

City are always the favourites going into a season now, both domestically and in Europe, we have to accept this reality. Us winning the league or Champions League will mean we have to be absolutely perfect.
Will you stop making excuses for him like we freaking Fulham? The money, authority, and time Stan has and continues to give him is pretty unprecedented for an Arsenal manager. @Makingtrax that is for you my world cup draft homie. You and i know what Wenger would have done with this kind of F U money Mik has had.

Farzad

I’ve been staunchly Arteta in through the hardest times @Dokaka and if you consistently fall short and win nothing then it shows you simply aren’t good enough to go the extra mile.

We can’t waste the talent we have.
Are you hitting puberty? Maturing? Or are you getting some sniz on the side? You finally are making sense kid.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Will you stop making excuses for him like we freaking Fulham? The money, authority, and time Stan has and continues to give him is pretty unprecedented for an Arsenal manager. @Makingtrax that is for you my world cup draft homie. You and i know what Wenger would have done with this kind of F U money Mik has had.

I hear what you saying.

And to be honest, you are somewhat right. If you look at the last two seasons we were in commanding situations in both of them. In 22/23 we were 8 points clear at one stage, and this year we were potentially an Aston Villa win away from getting into the drivers seat for the 23/24 title.

And there’s a good chance City will do the same next year, give a slight window of opportunity again.

The point I make on Arteta is, that it would be harsh to sack him for not winning the highest trophies. Especially if we improve from this point. I don’t think that’s making excuses for him really.

Farzad

I hear what you saying.

And to be honest, you are somewhat right. If you look at the last two seasons we were in commanding situations in both of them. In 22/23 we were 8 points clear at one stage, and this year we were potentially an Aston Villa win away from getting into the drivers seat for the 23/24 title.

And there’s a good chance City will do the same next year, give a slight window of opportunity again.

The point I make on Arteta is, that it would be harsh to sack him for not winning the highest trophies. Especially if we improve from this point. I don’t think that’s making excuses for him really.
No but he has to out point City. It’s the rules or he has failed, sooner rather than later. Would you agree on that? If Arteta leaves Arsenal without a CL or League how can he be deemed a success? Wenger proved FA cups don’t do it? No one cares about the Caribou Cup. Every fan wants one of two trophies after 20 years in wilderness

SA Gunner

No but he has to out point City. It’s the rules or he has failed, sooner rather than later. Would you agree on that? If Arteta leaves Arsenal without a CL or League how can he be deemed a success? Wenger proved FA cups don’t do it? No one cares about the Caribou Cup. Every fan wants one of two trophies after 20 years in wilderness

Technically yes, you’re right. No one will remember these times in 20 years.

I think let’s remember what real success looks like and demand that from our team. But also keep an eye out for the details… what we can do now and that we can still be better.

Farzad

Technically yes, you’re right. No one will remember these times in 20 years.

I think let’s remember what real success looks like and demand that from our team. But also keep an eye out for the details… what we can do now and that we can still be better.
Yes i do agree this was much better than the humiliating and shameful bottle job last year where we won 3 of 9 in our ladt 9 games. I can take fighting hard, playing good football, and just finishing second. But you and i both know this project will ultimately be judged by if Mik can win a really big trophy or two.

Haphazard

So hypothetically, if you look at these things in such a binary way, in the following scenario next season:

• Arsenal get 96 points, but come second behind City.
  • Arsenal reach the CL final, but lose on penalties to Real Madrid in an even game.
You want him to get sacked? Asking because I see so many posts saying he has to go if he doesn't win something in a very black and white way.
The problem with the PL right now is that City are playing at such a high level that close to 90 points or above doesn't even gaurantee you the title, I'm just not sure aside from improving cup form what else Arteta can do because Arsenal are still playing by the rules while City are not.

PrinzPoldi

It is plain stupid.. yes, stupid to say all or none next season. We win something or get rid of Arteta.

What if we get 91 points (or more), but City get another 100 points?
The cheats keep cheating while we are keep improving?

How about we reach CL semi-final and booted by one mighty European team?
Should we get rid of Arteta if we achieve those?

I am definitely on Arteta/Edu's side, till there are signs showing he could not improve the team (at least not able to maintain) anymore, he could not motivate the players, and we have signals of having downfall.
He is my man till that day, like Wenger.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

You can't sack Mikel for having a season like this, tbh...challenging (but ultimately falling short of a team like City) means we will always get Champions League football, I don't think the board would sack any manager that's delivering that...being in the Top Four is the minimum.

But I feel there should be more pressure on the manager and players to win cups, can't be proud losers forever...too "Spursy" for me that!

Last 2 seasons it's been... "best team to watch in the league, most wins in a season, best goal difference, etc"

...feels a lot like Sp**s simping for their 2016/2017 team, when their rivals (Chelsea and Arsenal) won the league and cup that year ffs...could be direct parallels to that if Ten Hag's crap United team win silverware in both these seasons and we don't 😭

Said it before, but Wenger is a record 7 time FA cup winner and that was massive for the club...going for cups can really pad out your CV, as it's very difficult to win the Prem (and Champions League) we have missed some good chances in the FA, Europa and League cups these past 2 seasons.

We NEED to stop that, as we can't go 5 years without something.

I would argue the current 4 year drought is worse than the famous 8 year drought from 2006-2013, with context...as that drought came after a super successfully period, plus a time when we couldn't really spend due to the stadium.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

It is plain stupid.. yes, stupid to say all or none next season. We win something or get rid of Arteta.

What if we get 91 points (or more), but City get another 100 points?
The cheats keep cheating while we are keep improving?

How about we reach CL semi-final and booted by one mighty European team?
Should we get rid of Arteta if we achieve those?

I am definitely on Arteta/Edu's side, till there are signs showing he could not improve the team (at least not able to maintain) anymore, he could not motivate the players, and we have signals of having downfall.
He is my man till that day, like Wenger.

Just shut up. You are not an Arsenal supporter.

SA Gunner

You can't sack Mikel for having a season like this, tbh...challenging (but ultimately falling short of a team like City) means we will always get Champions League football, I don't think the board would sack any manager that's delivering that...being in the Top Four is the minimum.

But I feel there should be more pressure on the manager and players to win cups, can't be proud losers forever...too "Spursy" for me that!

Last 2 seasons it's been... "best team to watch in the league, most wins in a season, best goal difference, etc"

...feels a lot like Sp**s simping for their 2016/2017 team, when their rivals (Chelsea and Arsenal) won the league and cup that year ffs...could be direct parallels to that if Ten Hag's crap United team win silverware in both these seasons and we don't 😭

Said it before, but Wenger is a record 7 time FA cup winner and that was massive for the club...going for cups can really pad out your CV, as it's very difficult to win the Prem (and Champions League) we have missed some good chances in the FA, Europa and League cups these past 2 seasons.

We NEED to stop that, as we can't go 5 years without something.

I would argue the current 4 year drought is worse than the famous 8 year drought from 2006-2013, with context...as that drought came after a super successfully period, plus a time when we couldn't really spend due to the stadium.

Here's the reality.

The FA Cup and League Cup are not the standard. If we continued just winning those cups and didnt push City like we have over the last 2 seasons, then there would be serious, serious problems with this project and Arteta's job would have to be on the line right now.

Anything other than seriously competing for the league and Champions League is just noise if they are not won. You win the League and FA Cup as additions to the proper trophies. Not winning the League in years and not winning the Champions League is the reason why Chelsea think they are bigger than us, and rival fans want to question our size as a football club.

Understand these points dude.

You are not a serious to elite team if you are not right in the conversation for the league and Champions League. You can win 10 FA Cups in a row and you would be a second grade team.

What we've done is moved to 89 points with 100 point pace in 2024. We were in the last 8 of the Champions League and should have done more to reach the last 4. And the biggest point here is that we are still incomplete as a team, with room to improve.

So forget the noise, comparisons to Sp**s and United and Chelsea talking about being comparable to us right now. Its nonsense.

Last edited:

fute

Round may have been wrong but that doesnt matter. What matter is that Arteta doesnt want to be challenged and doesn't want his decisions questioned at all. He is like a despot and this make me more convinced that he suffers from a narcissistic personality disorder. Not even nutcases like Ferguson or Mourinho was like this.

It was the right decision.

Tough decision.

But the right one.

And yes, most managers are ego-maniacs.

SA Gunner

Pep has 4 league cups and going for his 3rd FA Cup.

A footnote to his SIX PL titles and CL title.

Trophies are nice of course, but lets be real about what truly matters.

Look how people are questioning Klopp right now, because he only won a single PL and CL. What about the other 8 trophies FFS?

Riou

Here's the reality.

The FA Cup and League Cup are not the standard. If we continued just winning those cups and didnt push City like we have over the last 2 seasons, then there would be serious, serious problems with this project and Arteta's job would have to be on the line right now.

Anything other than seriously competing for the league and Champions League is just noise if they are not won. You win the League and FA Cup as additions to the proper trophies. Not winning the League in years and not winning the Champions League is the reason why Chelsea think they are bigger than us, and rival fans want to question our size as a football club.

Understand these points dude.

You are not a serious to elite team if you are not right in the conversation for the league and Champions League. You can win 10 FA Cups in a row and you would be a second grade team.

What we've done is moved to 89 points with 100 point pace in 2024. We were in the last 8 of the Champions League and should have done more to reach the last 4. And the biggest point here is that we are still incomplete as a team, with room to improve.

So forget the noise, comparisons to Sp**s and United and Chelsea talking about being comparable to us right now. Its nonsense.

I don't really care what rival fans think, it's how I feel...going trophyless isn't a good look for us for this long.

The league is better than the cup, that's obvious...but the cup is also much better than nothing.

We are record winners of the FA Cup, something I value as high as our Invincible season...to be able to say we "own" one of the greatest trophies in the world is something I am very proud to say, I want to add more to that record.

What if we don't win the league next season, City will still have a better manager and squad than us come next year so we won't be favs...then the team may break apart, and after everything we will have nothing to show for it.

Least a few cups here and there would be something special along the way, add more silverware to our history and give fans more memories to enjoy.

I don't really care about "just competing" for the Prem if we don't win it, and things move fast in football so you never know when your chance is missed (especially for a non oil team like us)

We could be another Liverpool, and we soon get over the line and win...or we could be a new Poch era Sp**s, and we end up with nothing...you don't know what the future holds, why you have to strike when you have the chance...and we have missed 2 quality chances to win stuff, we can't waste much more.

SA Gunner

I don't really care what rival fans think, it's how I feel...going trophyless isn't a good look for us for this long.

The league is better than the cup, that's obvious...but the cup is also much better than nothing.

We are record winners of the FA Cup, something I value as high as our Invincible season...to be able to say we "own" one of the greatest trophies in the world is something I am very proud to say, I want to add more to that record.

What if we don't win the league next season, City will still have a better manager and squad than us come next year so we won't be favs...then the team may break apart, and after everything we will have nothing to show for it.

Least a few cups here and there would be something special along the way, add more silverware to our history and give fans more memories to enjoy.

I don't really care about "just competing" for the Prem if we don't win it, and things move fast in football so you never know when your chance is missed (especially for a non oil team like us)

We could be another Liverpool, and we soon get over the line and win...or we could be a new Poch era Sp**s, and we end up with nothing...you don't know what the future holds, why you have to strike when you have the chance...and we have missed 2 quality chances to win stuff, we can't waste much more.

You do care.

You've been crying all ****ing week about this ****. Writing essays here over complete nonsense FFS.

Do you think Arsène Wenger is one of the greatest managers of the PL because he has record FA Cups? :lol: :lol:

Dont worry yourself with the league cup and FA Cup, when we have enough quality depth and cohesion, as City do now, then those competitions will take care of themselves. And believe me when I say that Arteta knows he needs quality depth and rotation for 60 games a season.

All those rival clowns that have you crying would give both their nuts to be in the position you look forward to now. Get that straight bro.

Riou

You do care.

You've been crying all ****ing week about this ****. Writing essays here over complete nonsense FFS.

Do you think Arsène Wenger is one of the greatest managers from the PL because he has record FA Cups? :lol:

Dont worry yourself with the league cup and FA Cup, when we have enough quality depth and cohesion, as City do now, then those competitions will take care of themselves. And believe me when I say that Arteta knows he needs quality depth and rotation for 60 games a season.

All those rival clowns that have you crying would give both their nuts to be in the position you look forward to now. Get that straight bro.

I want Arsenal to win trophies, what's wrong with that?

And you don't think that record FA cup win at least adds to Arsène being a great, no one else can say that.

We aren't City (or United, when we were the Top teams) we don't have the money to churn out leagues in a row, cups are more important to us...especially right now, as we are in a mini drought.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom