• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I want Arsenal to win trophies, what's wrong with that?

And you don't think that record FA cup win at least adds to Arsène being a great, no one else can say that.

We aren't City (or United, when we were the Top teams) we don't have the money to churn out leagues in a row, cups are more important to us...especially right now, as we are in a mini drought.

We all want Arsenal to win every trophy possible.

But honestly, you are annoying me now with your constant nagging about what I think is complete and utter rubbish.

Its not the end of the world that we arent winning the smaller cups, those will come with time as we add quality to the squad.

The standard is where we are now and how we improve there, I think you should focus on those first.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

:lol: @Riou focusing on the destination. It’s not about the journey or destination.

It’s about the company as a wise man once told us.

He done Laca so dirty on that, Mikel knew that was being recorded by Amazon too ffs 😅

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
:lol: @Riou focusing on the destination. It’s not about the journey or destination.

It’s about the company as a wise man once told us.

You know I think this analogy from Uncle Mik just got bad PR man, it’s alright if you think about it.

If you go on a night out and manage to pull a 9/10, it’s not about the game or even getting laid at the end (unless you’re a sad little virgin), it’s all about the girl…

Don’t deny it, you know this is true.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Would personally take 1 league title over like 5 FA Cups, if not more. There's a mountain of difference in difficulty and prestige.

For us yeah I’d say 10:1 is about the right ratio, just because of the fact that we won so many FA cups and it’s been a long damn time since we won the prem. I’m honestly not that bothered by it.

But for a starved club like Sp**s I reckon they’d just take whatever trophy.

Last edited:

Riou

If you go on a night out and manage to pull a 9/10, it’s not about the game or even getting laid at the end (unless you’re a sad little virgin), it’s all about the girl…

Mike should have 100% worded it like this, tbh.

(unless you’re a sad little virgin)

Wonder who the camera would have panned to when he said this though.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
For us yeah I’d say 10:1 is about the right ratio, just because of the fact that we won so many FA cups and it’s been a long damn time since we won the prem.

But for a starved club like Sp**s I reckon they’d just take whatever trophy.

I mean I'd argue the ratio only grows bigger the smaller you are as a club. Perfect example is Leicester's league trophy being lauded as one of the greatest sporting achievements in history (which it is), while Wigan winning the FA Cup was a nice moment for them and not much more.

If you offered me 1 league title and nothing else for the next 20 years, or 10 FA Cups in the same time span, I'd take the league title any day. That squad would go down in history as legends and I'd have seen my team do something that is borderline unrepeatable due to the structure of European football.

Not saying this to **** on the FA Cup but it has always been the consolation price or the achievement booster (by winning the double) for top teams to me. It's not easy to win but it's completely dwarfed by the league and CL.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
He has work to do with his squad, because this season City were below par and they had to put together another record breaking run to win the league.

They will be stronger next year, but so will we and Pep knows this.

Hopefully for us we can get our internationals back quickly, give them good rest, bring in players and prepare well for next season. If we stay fit, we have the foundation and cohesion in place to be even better than this year.

What Pep was saying is right tbh, we have such a crazy squad now when you consider all the factors - age profile, blend of styles, versatility, work rate. Only real areas we're lacking is bonafide match winners, and possibly 1-2 too many injury-prone players but I expect this to be addressed in the summer.

After this, we potentially don't have to invest in the squad for a few years other than to replace outgoings.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would personally take 1 league title over like 5 FA Cups, if not more. There's a mountain of difference in difficulty and prestige.
Especially for our part. We've won the FA Cup so many times. The league is a test over 38 games. It really separates the chaff from the wheat.

Riou

I hope you guys are right and can tell me to **** off next season when we win the league, just a little worried right now 🙏

Think the FA cup is being a little underrated here though, the Prem League and Champions League are better (a level above, tbf) but after them it's the next best trophy we can win (well alongside the Europa) just because we have won it so much doesn't mean you can take it for granted.

Dokaka

What Pep was saying is right tbh, we have such a crazy squad now when you consider all the factors - age profile, blend of styles, versatility, work rate. Only real areas we're lacking is bonafide match winners, and possibly 1-2 too many injury-prone players but I expect this to be addressed in the summer.

After this, we potentially don't have to invest in the squad for a few years other than to replace outgoings.

I've seen a few people say you're lacking one or two really technically brilliant players with some flair and I somewhat agree with that tbh. Don't get me wrong most of these guys are fantastic players but having a Bernado Silva or (don't kill me) Phil Foden does wonders for your club when the tightest of margins make the difference, whether it be that one touch on the break or controlling the ball against a packed defense etc.

It's especially evident on the left side of the pitch right now. Hopefully Jesus could be that guy if he can put the injuries behind him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You know I think this analogy from Uncle Mik just got bad PR man, it’s alright if you think about it.

Don’t deny it, you know this is true.

Word on the street is A-M’s Hustlers University Alumni find this post pretty strange 🤐 new information for them.

Dokaka

I hope you guys are right and can tell me to **** off next season when we win the league, just a little worried right now 🙏

Think the FA cup is being a little underrated here though, the Prem League and Champions League are better (a level above, tbf) but after them it's the next best trophy we can win (well alongside the Europa) just because we have won it so much doesn't mean you can take it for granted.

It's several levels below the league and CL. In 2014 you won it by beating Coventry, Wigan, and Hull, the only decent teams you beat in that run was Liverpool and Everton. It's an extremely short cup competition for top teams and the draw can put you through to the final on cruise control. It really doesn't take much to win it.

The idea that it's on par with the EL is crazy and it's probably one of my biggest pet peeves that English fans genuinely believe that to be the case because you maybe have to beat one or two good teams. To get into the "easy" path in the EL (by dropping from the CL) you have to.. you know, qualify for the CL in the first place, which in itself is more difficult than winning the FA Cup.

Again, it's nice to win, but it should never be the primary focus for a club that is within touching distance of a league trophy and competing in the CL.

Riou

It's several levels below the league and CL. In 2014 you won it by beating Coventry, Wigan, and Hull, the only decent teams you beat in that run was Liverpool and Everton. It's an extremely short cup competition for top teams and the draw can put you through to the final on cruise control. It really doesn't take much to win it.

The idea that it's on par with the EL is crazy and it's probably one of my biggest pet peeves that English fans genuinely believe that to be the case because you maybe have to beat one or two good teams. To get into the "easy" path in the EL (by dropping from the CL) you have to.. you know, qualify for the CL in the first place, which in itself is more difficult than winning the FA Cup.

Again, it's nice to win, but it should never be the primary focus for a club that is within touching distance of a league trophy and competing in the CL.

When's the last time you got to the Europa semis v the last time you got to the FA cup semis?

9f1c8ce6-40cf-4759-bed8-e2cecd169803_text.gif

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Tbh the discussion is moot anyway, as you improve your squad you improve the quality of your squaddies and therefore increase your chances of an FA Cup by proxy.

The path to victory at least from a squad quality POV is exactly the same, only other variable is how seriously the manager takes each competition.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I mean I'd argue the ratio only grows bigger the smaller you are as a club. Perfect example is Leicester's league trophy being lauded as one of the greatest sporting achievements in history (which it is), while Wigan winning the FA Cup was a nice moment for them and not much more.

If you offered me 1 league title and nothing else for the next 20 years, or 10 FA Cups in the same time span, I'd take the league title any day. That squad would go down in history as legends and I'd have seen my team do something that is borderline unrepeatable due to the structure of European football.

Not saying this to **** on the FA Cup but it has always been the consolation price or the achievement booster (by winning the double) for top teams to me. It's not easy to win but it's completely dwarfed by the league and CL.

Yeah sorry my post was based more on my care factor as opposed to strictly how many FA cups id sacrifice if that makes sense.

I just assume small clubs care a lot about the FA cup relative to big ones. The romance of a good run etc whereas the league is just a bit of a thankless slog.

Dokaka

Yeah sorry my post was based more on my care factor as opposed to strictly how many FA cups id sacrifice if that makes sense.

I just assume small clubs care a lot about the FA cup relative to big ones. The romance of a good run etc whereas the league is just a bit of a thankless slog.

That's a fair point, many clubs definitely value it more because.. it's winnable :lol: Guess that reinforces my point.

In a scenario where you're offered one or the other, the league is clear, but realistically the vast majority of PL teams are not (and likely never will, unless rules change) going to win the league, so it just becomes a slog as you said with the main goal being either survival or trying for European places.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom