• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

fute

A footnote to his SIX PL titles and CL title.

Trophies are nice of course, but lets be real about what truly matters.

Look how people are questioning Klopp right now, because he only won a single PL and CL. What about the other 8 trophies FFS?

Well I guess he didn't win the treble last year if the FA cup is a footnote.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz

The Daily Mail columnist calling him the savior of the league. You got to be sh.tting me; this thread title, and british media loving up on Mik like he already won league. Can he win something before he becomes messiah?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We all want Arsenal to win every trophy possible.

But honestly, you are annoying me now with your constant nagging about what I think is complete and utter rubbish.

Its not the end of the world that we arent winning the smaller cups, those will come with time as we add quality to the squad.

The standard is where we are now and how we improve there, I think you should focus on those first.
Arsène Wenger won 3 FA Cups in 4 seasons and he got booed out the stadium but all of a sudden cups matter so much.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

To be fair, my mum is the same as most on here.

She doesn't care at all about the FA cup or Europa League, it's Premier League or Champions League or nothing with her.

I remember the real dark days, when it was us v Sp**s for the new Conference League spot in 2021...and I showed her that famous clip of that Conference League team that had a tiny airport like right next door to their stadium.

She said there would be more honour in Arsenal getting relegated and playing in the Championship, than playing in that ffs 😅

Riou

Arsène Wenger won 3 FA Cups in 4 seasons and he got booed out the stadium but all of a sudden cups matter so much.

Think losing the league to Leicester and falling out out of Top 4 (behind Sp**s) were more to blame, tbh...plus AFTV were running wild with their agendas back then, some wanted Arsène out no matter what.

Top Four (title challenge) and winning cups should be the minimum for our team, then hopefully also winning the Prem.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

The Daily Mail columnist calling him the savior of the league. You got to be sh.tting me; this thread title, and british media loving up on Mik like he already won league. Can he win something before he becomes messiah?

Saviour of the league would be an excellent thread title 👀

BigPoppaPump

Think losing the league to Leicester and falling out out of Top 4 (behind Sp**s) were more to blame, tbh...plus AFTV were running wild with their agendas back then, some wanted Arsène out no matter what.
Nah it was all there even before that, a lot of it starting in the trophyless era. Not sure why people blame AFTV for the sentiment it was there way before them.

Riou

Riou v AM on the FA cup...

tenor.gif

... don't worry Arsène, I will always fight for your record haul even if other losers on here won't 🫡

BigPoppaPump

To be fair, my mum is the same as most on here.

She doesn't care at all about the FA cup or Europa League, it's Premier League or Champions League or nothing with her.

I remember the real dark days, when it was us v Sp**s for the new Conference League spot in 2021...and I showed her that famous clip of that Conference League team that had a tiny airport like right next door to their stadium.

She said there would be more honour in Arsenal getting relegated and playing in the Championship, than playing in that ffs 😅
Most of us definitely care about the FA Cup and Europe especially the Europa I really wanted to win that one. Carabao cup honestly don't care at all even if we won it.

FA Cup we can take for granted since we've won it so much, remember how much 2014 meant though. We need something in Europe though Arteta's Europa record is a embarassment tbh. We should won that competition.

Riou

Most of us definitely care about the FA Cup and Europe especially the Europa I really wanted to win that one. Carabao cup honestly don't care at all even if we won it.

FA Cup we can take for granted since we've won it so much, remember how much 2014 meant though. We need something in Europe though Arteta's Europa record is a embarassment tbh. We should won that competition.

We absolutely should have won the Europa in 2000, but at least that team more than made up for it by winning the Double either side of it...but I can't believe we didn't win one from 2018-2023, so many missed opportunities.

I am glad Emery lost the Conference with Villa this season, would have been fuming if he won with every team (including freaking Villarreal, who had never won anything before!) but with us the best he could do is get battered by Chelsea of all teams 😅

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
I really want to win the league cup. We’ve never won it. Doesn’t that bother anyone or is it just me? It’s been around since 1960 and we never won it.

Riou

I really want to win the league cup. We’ve never won it. Doesn’t that bother anyone or is it just me? It’s been around since 1960 and we never won it.

Yeah...bar the 2 times we have already won it, we have never won it.

Hopefully next year we can win it for the 1st/3rd time, finally end the pain 🙏

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
Yeah...bar the 2 times we have already won it, we have never won it.

Hopefully next year we can win it for the 1st/3rd time, finally end the pain 🙏

When did we win it?

Edit: You’re right, we won it in 87 and 93. I never knew. Always remember hearing someone say we never won it. Maybe it was that Arsène Wenger never won it.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

There needs to be a conversation now about the manager now. He's gone 4 seasons without a trophy which is unacceptable. This wasn't tolerated under wenger why does coneboy get a free pass.

Wishful thinking coneboy is going to walk in the summer. Football is not linear, there is no guarantee there's going to be an improvement next season. The competition are going to invest and get better.

Chelsea and maybe Liverpool will be in the title race conversation next year.
Please @albakos change this guy's name to coneboy, because he should be wearing a cone-shaped dunce cap for his stupid takes.

Looking forward to seeing where his title challenge predictions of Liverpool and Chelsea end up

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
So hypothetically, if you look at these things in such a binary way, in the following scenario next season:

• Arsenal get 96 points, but come second behind City.
  • Arsenal reach the CL final, but lose on penalties to Real Madrid in an even game.
You want him to get sacked? Asking because I see so many posts saying he has to go if he doesn't win something in a very black and white way.
Yeah I'm afraid what you are reading really is there primitive.

He MUST win silverware. Just like all of the "big six". If not we need to rip up this team of some of the most valuable players in world football before they reach their prime. We need to implement a completely new ethos, and weather the inevitable slide down the table.

Why wouldn't we? If we miss out by a circumstantial hairs breadth, that is not silverware. Therefore we must hop on the merry-go-round with the likes of Chelsea, and when we were back struggling for top four again, at least we can console ourselves by knowing we are on an online forum surrounded by "winning mentality".

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom