• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Finesse

Pepe saw what Mikky was doing with Cedric and got inspired

I watched him yesterday and what a player Cancello is. Cedric a right footer / Niles too .....was used like this for a few games but he lacked that natural ability on the ball , crossing and decision making Cancello possesses. Pep said he learned something else for Mikky over the weekend and cannot wait to try. Lets find out what it is over the next few games.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Could be because people now understand it goes beyond the manager. The guy after Wenger was always going to get burnt in many ways.
In some ways that, but also I think Emery introduced the fan base to how bad things can be, removing the shock factor when next guy has a bad time. Like the stages of grief, I think we went through them with Emery and we’re more accepting now and understand more with Arteta.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
In some ways that, but also I think Emery introduced the fan base to how bad things can be, removing the shock factor when next guy has a bad time. Like the stages of grief, I think we went through them with Emery and we’re more accepting now and understand more with Arteta.

Hadn't thought about that, it's like we've been inured to it. Think if we'd gone straight to Arteta after Wenger and skipped out Emery, and we'd had this current season in 18-19, right after Wenger, especially with fans in the stadium, there'd be way more negativity.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
788a78f03d4e01394402005056a9545d

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Hadn't thought about that, it's like we've been inured to it. Think if we'd gone straight to Arteta after Wenger and skipped out Emery, and we'd had this current season in 18-19, right after Wenger, especially with fans in the stadium, there'd be way more negativity.
Most probably. But then we have to throw the English-speaking Mikel factor in there, and the endorsements he’d no doubt have been given by Wenger, and then he gets more leeway. It’s an interesting one. Would Ramsey still be here? Would it matter? I think in hindsight it would have been better to go straight to Mikel.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Most probably. But then we have to throw the English-speaking Mikel factor in there, and the endorsements he’d no doubt have been given by Wenger, and then he gets more leeway. It’s an interesting one. Would Ramsey still be here? Would it matter? I think in hindsight it would have been better to go straight to Mikel.

Maybe yeah, but then you can take the macro view that we don't have the right owners or executives for the club to be successful so everything below that doesn't really matter. The club has been steadily declining ever since Kroenke took full control, so maybe you gotta point to that as the primary cause instead of whoever the coach or players are.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Maybe yeah, but then you can take the macro view that we don't have the right owners or executives for the club to be successful so everything below that doesn't really matter. The club has been steadily declining ever since Kroenke took full control, so maybe you gotta point to that as the primary cause instead of whoever the coach or players are.
People can cite bad ownership et cetera, but at the end of the day we have the tools to be doing much better than we have been, and we had the tools to do much better than were under Wenger. Management and player motivation has failed us and and this one so far is also failing, even if things have improved.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People can cite bad ownership et cetera, but at the end of the day we have the tools to be doing much better than we have been, and we had the tools to do much better than were under Wenger. Management and player motivation has failed us and and this one so far is also failing, even if things have improved.
I keep saying this but nobody understands. Have you ever looked at the history of the prem? Three teams have won the vast majority of the titles, United, City, Chelsea. Three teams below that have done well but only won very occasionally Arsenal, Liverpool, Sp**s, and the rest win once a blue moon eg Leicester, if ever.

Arsène always over performed with 3 titles and 7 FACups compared to Liverpool, 1 title and Sp**s 0 titles but the fans don’t understand how football works. He never had the tools that the oil clubs and United had. You saying it doesn’t make it so.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I keep saying this but nobody understands. Have you ever looked at the history of the prem? Three teams have won the vast majority of the titles, United, City, Chelsea. Three teams below that have done well but only won very occasionally Arsenal, Liverpool, Sp**s, and the rest win once a blue moon eg Leicester, if ever.

Arsène always over performed with 3 titles and 7 FACups compared to Liverpool, 1 title and Sp**s 0 titles but the fans don’t understand how football works. He never had the tools that the oil clubs and United had. You saying it doesn’t make it so.
Mate it’s all been done to death. Some of teams Wenger assembled, on paper, were worth probably more than the teams who were spending more. That was due to him and how good he was at that. You can’t recognise his brilliance with one hand, and then lower the bar with the other. If you have the genius to build a Formula 1 car out of an old fridge and a broken sex toy , it’s still a formula one car and has to perform like one. I’ll think of a better analogy once I’ve had another coffee but that will have to do for now.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Arteta would have been quartered. Back then they were ****ting on Wenger for dropping out of the Top 4 and it was just about getting rid of "dinosaur" Wenger to get back into the Top4 and apparently everyone can do that with Arsenal - but Wenger. Emery was (rightly) criticized for not being able to do it, but imagining Arteta dropping straight to 11th after Wenger. Ridiculous.

The whole Arteta "project" is just that, ridiculous.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom