• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Disagree I’m afraid. We need more goals/variety of goal scorers not just create chances for one guy. Teams can block that off and stop it. A reason why City are so good is because they can hurt you in so many different ways. Quality ball players, passers in the middle, ball carriers, one on one dribblers in wide areas, if one doesn’t get you, another one will. Goalscorer's all over the shop. Relying on a bunch of thread the needle players to provide for one man creates a single point of failure that can easily be counteracted.

I also don’t think ESR even is a thread the needle player, I haven’t seen him slide any balls through for anybody.

The reason why City are a goal threat from virtually any position is because they have top class players in virtually every position imaginable. They're not really comparable to us. They're light years ahead of us.

Put Auba aside and where's the goal threat really coming from in our squad?

Laca and Saka will contribute but neither are 20 goal a season players. Maybe Saka will become one in the future though if he keeps developing at this rate.

Pepe is inconsistent at best in terms of goalscoring in the league.

Centre of the park isn't going to be chipping in with too many.

Martinelli is a kid coming back from a serious injury. Eddie definitely isn't going to be contributing too much on that front either at the moment.

The less said about Willian the better.

Ødegaard and ESR will chip in, but no more than that, this season at least.

If you want to play like Man City you need to spend money like Man City at the end of the day.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Interesting blog post. Basically the football is horrible to watch, but he thinks Arteta is being conservative for a reason, in short because he doesn't trust the defence and the likes of Xhaka/Ceballos to defend. But he also plays Xhaka and Luiz cos they're our best passers and we need that.

Such a shame Partey's been out so much this season. We really need Partey fit, and then another midfielder who can run and defend, but also pass.

https://7amkickoff.com/index.php/20...y-but-i-think-i-get-why-hes-playing-this-way/

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I really think you can resolve the RCB by extending Luiz for one year and bringing back Saliba to compete for that spot. Both players are progressive passers, one experienced and one young. Leave the passing to them, and the tackling to Gabriel.

Once you do that RB and CM are positions you need to spend money on, get a bit more athletic security there and you don't have to be so conservative. We should be able to upgrade on Bellerin without too much difficulty. Xhaka is a bit harder, you need to find a better athlete than him, more press resistant, but who's as good a passer as he is or better (and whether you like it or not, most players aren't as good a passer as he is).

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta's Arsenal yet to score a league goal against Pep's City :lol:

If I had to pick one game to score against them though, it would be the cup semi.

Don't think Arsène beat Pep as City manager in the league, but beat him in the game that mattered most to me anyway in the cup.

Elite managers at The Arse, young and old!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
If I had to pick one game to score against them though, it would be the cup semi.

Don't think Arsène beat Pep as City manager in the league, but beat him in the game that mattered most to me anyway in the cup.

Elite managers at The Arse, young and old!
Yes Arsenal should remain forever Pep's ***** boy for beating them in a cup semi.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
@Makingtrax I'm sure you've seen this already. But I just had to @ you just incase with your love for metrics and your demand for evidence in addition to my proclamations of patience.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yes Arsenal should remain forever Pep's ***** boy for beating them in a cup semi.

Ideally I would love to beat them in the league too, but with the money difference they will always be the favs.

Think it's 1 point in the last 10 games against City, which sucks...but before their takeover, I think they had 1 win over us in like 10 years or something...swings and roundabouts and all that.

The two cup semi final wins were brilliant, which led to even better FA Cup triumphs...would take them over 2 league wins in that time, easily.

say yes

forum master baiter
Wait, people actually think losing to Pep’s Man City is a good stick to beat Arteta with? :lol:

They’re on a record 20+ game winning streak; already in 2021 they’ve pumped United away (0-2), Chelsea away (1-3), Liverpool away (1-4), and Everton away (1-3).

We lose by 1 goal (first time they’ve only won by 1 in a month), and it’s somehow a disaster / sign that Arteta isn’t up to the job.

This forum man :rofl:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Ideally I would love to beat them in the league too, but with the money difference they will always be the favs.

Think it's 1 point in the last 10 games against City, which sucks...but before their takeover, I think they had 1 win over us in like 10 years or something...swings and roundabouts and all that.

The two cup semi final wins were brilliant, which led to even better FA Cup triumphs...would take them over 2 league wins in that time, easily.
We should start the season with 2 L's. No point in playing them

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wait, people actually think losing to Pep’s Man City is a good stick to beat Arteta with? :lol:
Nope.

If you’re sensible a lot of things pre Boxing Day was awful but he’s somewhat gotten it together since.

Unlucky in some instances too (the red cards mainly). Well, my opinion anyways.

Even the Sterling header, that’s just not Arteta’s fault tbh.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom