• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
With Arteta I get the feeling he won't leave Arsenal ( of his own accord) until he's completed the job he's set out to do ( At least get us back in the top 4 regularly) , or he has a massive falling out with the higher up's / Kroenke.

He's an intelligent guy he'll know the timing isn't right for Barca at this stage of his career, so I'm not particularly concerned about these links.

On the positive side if Barca are sniffing around maybe it could give him a bit of leverage when it comes to talking to the higher up's about investing in the squad in the summer. Probably not though :lol:

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
With Arteta I get the feeling he won't leave Arsenal ( of his own accord) until he's completed the job he's set out to do ( At least get us back in the top 4 regularly) , or he has a massive falling out with the higher up's / Kroenke.

He's an intelligent guy he'll know the timing isn't right for Barca at this stage of his career, so I'm not particularly concerned about these links.

On the positive side if Barca are sniffing around maybe it could give him a bit of leverage when it comes to talking to the higher up's about investing in the squad in the summer. Probably not though :lol:
Barca?! What on earth has Mickey done to get linked with one of the biggest jobs in European football?!

I don't know any head coach/manager in world football who gets the plaudits Arteta does despite him managing a side which is struggling in 10th place.

I'm not saying he won't be a good manager. But right now, the only team in the league that would hire Arteta is Arsenal. I don't think Everton would even touch him.

(And yes, same applies for our manager Ole if you ask - not good enough. But Ole isn't overrated by the media like Arteta is.)

GoonerJay24

If you look at our history, it is not such a big anomaly. After successful periods there has always been a slump. I am sure it will be character building for some of our supporters.

For those who clamour for title wins, unless we get new owners who are prepared to invest significant sums into the club, we will not win another league title.

That the club might be brought back to top four under its own resources is a possibility. Anything above that, you need changes in ownership.

I think if we had Klopp or a young Wenger as manager we'd be challenging in the coming years.

People point fingers at the Kroenkes and their right to sometimes, but ultimately money has been spent and it's up to the to get improve these players. None of this philosophy nonsense.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Barca?! What on earth has Mickey done to get linked with one of the biggest jobs in European football?!

I don't know any head coach/manager in world football who gets the plaudits Arteta does despite him managing a side which is struggling in 10th place.

I'm not saying he won't be a good manager. But right now, the only team in the league that would hire Arteta is Arsenal. I don't think Everton would even touch him.

(And yes, same applies for our manager Ole if you ask - not good enough. But Ole isn't overrated by the media like Arteta is.)

I mean what had Koeman really ever done to get the job? Barca are a mess generally really.

Plus Barca have a history of going for left field, non big name managers.

Barca pretty clearly have a hard on for trying to re-create Pep.

Arteta started his playing career there, is highly rated within the game as a young up and coming manager, spent time as Pep's number 2 etc.

Going after Arteta wouldn't be any more stupid than a lot of things Barca have done in the last 5 years to be fair. It's no more ridiculous than them wanting Xavi.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Barca appointed Pep in 2008 after only managing youth teams, least Mikel will have managed at least one adult team :lol:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

#MakeBarcaMidtableAgain #BackToTheRoots

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?

Let’s camouflage my hatred for Arsenal by mentioning Ole as well. No one will ever know.

Another day, another Tree Points™ post.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Well if we're only heading up to that point where the best manager in the history of the club was at his very lowest point having been forced to his knees by two years of continuous protests, planes, rants and personal abuse . . . you've just depressed me again, after feeling a bit more positive. Because we're still 4 places below that after 3 years, 18 new players and almost £300m, the biggest injection of capital in any 3 year period.
Do you think if we have a little whip round we can get some planes in the sky and get rid of Boris Johnson?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Former player who has been managing football teams for 20 years.
I am not saying he deserved the job, but it's at least something comparing to 2 years of cones management.
Only just left the Netherlands national team job as well :lol:

Not like he come from apprenticeship or collecting cones like you said.

Finesse

True that. I think we conceded in the first 10 mins in 4 out of the last 7 games in EPL? considering that we didn`t concede any other goal in these games and still ended up losing 2 of those games, there definitely is some issue which needs to be addressed and improved upon. Looks like we are doing fairly well defensively except for the first 10 mins though.

This is true. I am sure fighting back from conceding early is something the players don't like and would learn from. It is also worth noting this is down to individual lapses. The team has to remain switched on and keep the score level and build on from there. On another note, it seems it is some sort of the wake up call or kick the team needs to put their foot on the gas. We have to improve in this department.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
On the positive side if Barca are snif
Arteta felt ready to manage Arsenal after 2 years under Pep's skirt, but he knows isn't ready for Barca yet
feelsbadman

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Koeman is not good enough for Arsenal. Gerardo martino is not good enough for Arsenal. But these coaches have managed Barca. I'm not saying Arteta is not good enough. I'm willing to give him more time. I'll reassess my position at the end of the season. But to suggest that he's good enough for Arsenal because Barca wants him is laughable.

I bet you if bring Ronald Koeman here, most fans will give up on Arsenal :lol:
You missed the point.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom