• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
But they still have the same flaws, i feel like every game we’ve played under Arteta has had really bad parts where our midfield still gets bypassed, althogh we don’t concede a lot of shots like under Emery.
I'm not trying to say they're perfect now, but it's clear that Emery wasn't able to get the best out of these players.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is why I didn't buy into the "sell everyone" narrative towards the end of Emery's time here. A new manager can make a huge difference to how we view certain players. Xhaka, Torreira and Özil have clearly benefited from Arteta's tactical approach, then you have guys like Aubameyang and Luiz who look like they've been boosted by the improved atmosphere around the club.
Yeah. He looks the kind of manager that can take the pressure off players by being the pack leader. Emery and Freddie never really had the gravitas.

Crazy the way Özil shone in the second half of the Leeds game once the system was tweaked.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

But they still have the same flaws, i feel like every game we’ve played under Arteta has had really bad parts where our midfield still gets bypassed, althogh we don’t concede a lot of shots like under Emery.
Loved watching him frantically trying to get the back line higher up the pitch in the second half against Leeds, like they were struggling to adapt. Then there was a raft of off-side decisions against Leeds and our midfield took control. Rome wasn't built in a day.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It was Arsène Wenger, he was too soft on the players. We’ve heard ex players say the same thing.
Short sighted view mate. How can you blame the current problems on Wenger when most of the players are new, coaches are new and we’ve had two managers since?

Would say the tone is always set from above, just look at the owners at Chelsea, City, Liverpool, the desire to compete is unquestionable.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Short sighted view mate. How can you blame the current problems on Wenger when most of the players are new, coaches are new and we’ve had two managers since?

Would say the tone is always set from above, just look at the owners at Chelsea, City, Liverpool, the desire to compete is unquestionable.

This, basically. How many "Wenger players" are there in the team, let alone starting?

I'm not exempting Wenger of fault here, but he's not the sole culprit. If anything he was the one who took any sort of responsibility.

Raul, Edu, Ivan, Kroenkes, they take 0 responsabilty and you can see how they behaved when the chips were down and I'm sure that with Arsène was still here, they would've pulled the classic hide behind Wenger move.

This trickles down to the players. Glad Arteta has taken such a strong stance in asking for players, et. Al. to take action. He's putting himself out there and you can see that he's willing to let everyone know the buck stops with him.

Evdn called himself a manager, none of that head coach malarkey.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

But the culture of a club is important, Chelsea were still playing with Mourinho’s style for years after he left, helped them win the CL in 2012 with Di Matteo. Arsène was here for over 20 years you can’t get rid of the influence that easy, especially with emery.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah, the current club culture festered under Wenger.

Wasn’t all bad, but his stylistically he was always more of a father figure than a coach. Never even spoke to the players at half time, and expected them to solve all the issues.

It worked brilliantly when we had a dressing room full of leaders, and the emphasis on individual freedom meant that his football (at its peak) became something of an art-form. Don’t think I’ve ever heard a former player speak badly of him either.

We haven’t had many leaders since Vieira left however, and this underachieving squad, with its soft underbelly, has long needed someone with a bit more steel. Early days, but Arteta definitely looks like he is going to add that.

Manberg

Predator
It's going to take a lot of work to turn club mentality around. Not the kind of thing that's done overnight. In which case expect to see many more performances like the first half against Leeds.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The Wenger culture :lol:

Is that the culture where we got top 4 with Giroud, Theo, Song, Clichy, Ramsey, Jack, Diaby, Ade, injury prone Robin etc and played great football?

Most of these guys haven’t even met Wenger or his coaches.

Cut the crap ladies.
Yeah, how did he do that and win 3 EPL titles, and 7 FA Cups not even speaking to his players at half time. Makes you wonder? :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What was the culture before Wenger btw? Arsenal averaged 8th position before him.

arsenal-first-division-19891.jpg

arsenalcwc1994.jpg

Second most league titles to Liverpool, pre Arsène…we have had this argument before G :lol:

We had a great history before Arsène, started to slide before he took over...

Arsène added great history of his own to this club, we started to slide before he left...

Simples!

TornadoTed

Established Member
We have the youngest squad and the most inexperienced manager in the league. We will get plenty of disappointing and lacklustre performances I'm sure.

But I am convinced that we will plenty of exciting performances too as Mikel and a squad with more players of his choosing grow and learn together.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom