• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'd rather if they hire quality to work with him, experience is quickly turning to be an attribute that is overrated, especially on the pitch

Fair enough, I use experience and imply quality, but your point is well taken.

Give me a Rangnick or Campos working with him at the club.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Arteta is not only playing Wenger ball, he's talking like Wenger too! :)

“Wins bring a different momentum and energy and the players have the handbrake off."

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Fair enough, I use experience and imply quality, but your point is well taken.

Give me a Rangnick or Campos working with him at the club.
I don't know who these guys are, but I would put it like this:
1) Do we want to develop a squad? Hire someone who has a great record of developing players from zero to hero within a realistic budget/academy use
2) Do we want quick results on the table? Hire someone who managed to get better results from a team that wasn't expected to get them

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
That's just guilt talking. You never in your wildest dreams realised how well run our club was before it was dismantled by disgruntled fans. Now you've found out you're just angry when someone reminds you. :lol:

No really. I wasn't kidding. You need to stop. If you can't post about this topic honestly, then don't post at all. I like you, I d hate to lose that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No really. I wasn't kidding. You need to stop. If you can't post about this topic honestly, then don't post at all. I like you, I d hate to lose that.
Honesty is a hobby of mine, I'm like George Washington. My favourite film is The Invention of Lying. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wasnt sure where to put this. The Guardian half-term report on all PL clubs. "A" is the important one. Premier League fans’ half-term reports. Part one: Arsenal to Leicester | Premier League | The Guardian
Hilarious :lol:

Arteta would be feeling far more heat by now if he had a full house of fickle Gooners baying at him. Some think he’s out of his depth, but there’s a less vocal consensus that he can turn this round. But refusing to acknowledge the blatant mistake of acquiring another Chelseapensioner has to count against him. 3/10

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Arteta has bought himself more time with our recent results.

I still think that he needs to be upgraded upon as he is very much a junior, but Arteta is now currently making the case to stay on for the rest of the season, a point that isnt as certain as some posters here would make you think.

My hope for him is to continue to integrate the youth, and build on the progressive football we are starting to see. In terms of finishing positions, I hope he can get us into the Europa League spots (5/6), as we do need European football next season.

But most of all, I want the club to hire experience to work with him, as soon as they can.

I've always been vocal about his lack of experience, before we hired him and after. Having said that I voted that he should stay on until his position becomes untenable. You could argue he passed that point but as you say he's bought himself more time and I'm ok with that. Why would I want to sack a manager who is finally putting a run together?

Completely agree with your point about integrating youth. I think he's been scared to try it, and that annoys me, especially when Willian has been so poor. Arteta playing ESR came around by luck but the fact he has continued with him is a good sign, perhaps a good lesson learned. I just hope that Willian coming on and producing his 2nd shot on target all season doesn't make Arteta go backwards! :) Tbh I think Willian will play the FA cup game and ESR rested.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Hilarious :lol:

Arteta would be feeling far more heat by now if he had a full house of fickle Gooners baying at him. Some think he’s out of his depth, but there’s a less vocal consensus that he can turn this round. But refusing to acknowledge the blatant mistake of acquiring another Chelseapensioner has to count against him. 3/10

I thought the Chelsea pensioner bit was accurate! :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Him not playing a creative playmaker and made changes like dropping Willian for example put saka in more advanced role could have make our position in table much better. He learning the job and this season was more about rebuilding developing youngsters see who's deserve to be here. This season still got 21 games to play for so a qualification to Europe is very achievable.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Him not playing a creative playmaker and made changes like dropping Willian for example put saka in more advanced role could have make our position in table much better. He learning the job and this season was more about rebuilding developing youngsters see who's deserve to be here. This season still got 21 games to play for so a qualification to Europe is very achievable.

How he and Edu didn't realise that someone in the 10 space was a must over the summer is absolutely baffling. We've put Smith-Rowe in there, and without pulling up any trees, our play has massively improved.

Know I've said this before and I sound like a broken record but just madness and negligence that we went into the season without solving that. It's cost us dearly in a season where we really should be challenging for top 4.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
There are those fans who will go down with the sinking ship known as Mikel Arteta. Arguing with them is pointless. Their loyalty is only matched by manberg’s love for Xhaka.

Question for everyone: If we finish the season anywhere between 7-14 would you consider this a success, failure, or just about right? Why so?
To answer your question, it would be failure. Why? Because even though I don't rate the squad that finished last season, Arteta had opportunities to put things right. I thought Willian would be decent and he's been trash. Expert Arteta should have done better there. Mustafi is our worse CB despite recent flashes of "okayness". No way should he be getting any minutes. Arteta got lucky with injuries and suspensions and was forced to play proper Gunners. Now if they're all fit, there's no need for Willian. I don't like the disregard for youth. Match day 6 in the EL could have seen a totally random team selection. All this would have had an impact in the PL and imo got us more points. He's on the edge of doing well despite himself and needs to keep going.

Reactions: Kav

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How he and Edu didn't realise that someone in the 10 space was a must over the summer is absolutely baffling. We've put Smith-Rowe in there, and without pulling up any trees, our play has massively improved.

Know I've said this before and I sound like a broken record but just madness and negligence that we went into the season without solving that. It's cost us dearly in a season where we really should be challenging for top 4.
Arteta thought Willian could improve our creativity and Partey as someone who create from deep but one is massively underperformed and Partey is injured Arteta did said failing of trimming the squad stopped us from signing creative playmaker in summer

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Arteta thought Willian could improve our creativity and Partey as someone who create from deep but one is massively underperformed and Partey is injured Arteta did said failing of trimming the squad stopped us from signing creative playmaker in summer
Arteta played Willian mostly in wide areas. So his idea was to create from the wings (his comments about crossing and all that), just like Emery. Which I think is a very restrictive approach and teams figured out quite quickly to stop that.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Arteta played Willian mostly in wide areas. So his idea was to create from the wings (his comments about crossing and all that), just like Emery. Which I think is a very restrictive approach and teams figured out quite quickly to stop that.

We’re still creating from the wings, our goals are coming from the wings, but we now have an AM taking up spaces between the channels and dragging defenders with his runs.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom