• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

It's got to the point where it's looking like EL or bust. He's used up about 90% of his goodwill. Could have won 4 or 5 nil tonight but we let in a 94th minute equaliser instead. Only good form in the league and winning the trophy is enough for me now. If we should somehow manage to eliminate ourselves to that absolute shower of ****s in the return leg, he should be sacked. I don't believe either will happen, so it looks like we'll just have to see how the piss trickles.

Good to know @GDeep™ is still firmly on board though.
Agree with most of this, except I can't blame that goal on Arteta myself. Outside of chopping and changing the defence outside of injuries unnecessarily, I'm not sure what more he can do there.

mirrorstare

It's very easy to blame Arteta for that, he's reaching Emery levels of inconsistency with his instructions and the team are feeling it. That's the reason he has to bark at Leno to not play it short and that's the reason why Cedric feels forced to manufacture stupid risks and concede a corner instead of hoofing the ball.

That's not on poor Arteta having to deal with hopelessly stupid players, that's the players not having clarity about what Arteta actually wants. In the bigger picture it looks just like it does on the pitch, a team without any kind of identity or plan.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Have to feel for arteta, players missing absolute sitters today, you can have the best game plan in the world but you need your star players to stick them away. Three guilt edge chances missed, this game should've been done and dusted

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Agree with most of this, except I can't blame that goal on Arteta myself. Outside of chopping and changing the defence outside of injuries unnecessarily, I'm not sure what more he can do there.

Yeah I feel the same regarding the goal but the truth is considering how poor Slavia were we should've really been out of sight by then.

But just like against Benfica Arteta is scared sh!tless of the opposition and we were just off beat yet again.

I mean even if we get past this round I don't know how tf we're going to beat Villareal. For the **** we give Emery we ran amok against Napoli and Valencia when he was in charge and his team will not be as flat as ours.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Cant believe Im actually going to argue against Arteta and disagree with you here...lol.... But there's comes a point when you have to stick it at the managers door. None of it will ever be his fault directly (we dont even know what he told the players to do vs Liverpool or if they flat out **** themselves and were jus unable to carry out orders...) but if the trend persists, you only look at one man, and we're doing some dumb **** too often these days.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta struggling like this and having his position under fire, further questions his handling of guys like Saliba and Guendouzi and poor signings like Mari, Cedric, Willian etc.

Not only could you go, but you’ve not developed guys we signed with a view to the future and stuck us with bum signings for the next 3/4 years.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You know the funniest thing about Arteta is how much he values experience and dislikes inexperienced young players he doesn't feel he can trust, put Saliba in the reserves then out on loan to France, gives Martinelli 5 mins at the end of the game, Nketiah and Nelson completely shunned...it's like B*TCH you the one without any goddamn experience, go send yoself out on loan to France! Go put yoself in the reserves!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Saka and Laca really should’ve put the game beyond doubt, even though he could’ve started with Pepe or Martinelli in attack. ESR didn’t really look fit.

Yeah he leaves it to long to change things up I feel.

Knowing when to pull the trigger and make subs or change plans is so key. Ferguson was a master of it and I used to hate it when latter day Arsène would just let the game drift.

Today it wasn’t working at all second half until Pepe came on. There’s been a few times he just hasn’t adjusted as well as he could have this year.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Cant even be sure we'll turn it around tbh. The team might be sick, like they were in Wenger's last days. Didnt matter what they told the press and promised the fans, they went out the next game and played like they wanted him sacked ffs! It was absurd. But that's when you see a disconnect that is hard to fix and is usually terminal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not looking forward to our next game now, for the first time all season. It become some sort of **** exam.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Arteta struggling like this and having his position under fire, further questions his handling of guys like Saliba and Guendouzi and poor signings like Mari, Cedric, Willian etc.

Not only could you go, but you’ve not developed guys we signed with a view to the future and stuck us with bum signings for the next 3/4 years.

Its hard for a rookie manager when you’ve got that w-nker Edu telling you that you have to sign his mate’s clients in dodgy deals.

We’re paying Mari and Cedric 160k combined ffs. It’s criminal.

If Arteta goes need to bin slimeball Edu as a priority. Guy is out of his depth in European football.

Saka and Laca really should’ve put the game beyond doubt, even though he could’ve started with Pepe or Martinelli in attack. ESR didn’t really look fit.

That's my take on it too!

The goals should have been scored. But Willian offered nothing from left and ESR didn't offer much. It could be because of him not being fit but I also have issues with him staying more left instead of going right and combine with Saka.

Hard to judge Arteta about the defense. There are injury issues. But he and Edu did sign Cedric for example. If that was the best we could do with the money available then maybe we shouldn't be expecting this club to move forward again?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Exactly.

Lads here crying like the tie is over and we lost by 4 goals.

Keep your head until the fat lady sings.
The tie is not over because we basically got a championship level team. We will beat them after that whoever we get will beat us. People are upset because the manager is trash and want him out. Every day he stays is a L for the club

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom