• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'd be more inclined to agree with his stance on the squad, if he didn't bring in Willian, Mari, Cedric, bring back Ceballos and bring Elneny back from the wilderness while constantly showing faith in Lacazette, Holding, Bellerin, etc.

Like others have pointed out if he was using the young lads all season then it could be a legitimate excuse, if he had Willock, Saliba, etc in there with Martinelli starting more than he has done. Balogun getting more chances, he could probably say the team is developing and needs time. But he's used guys clearly not good enough in their prime years or very experienced time and time again when anyone else could've told him they weren't good enough.

The squad does need changing and improving, but given his record Arteta can't really be trusted with bringing in the right players.

Due to circumstances, mainly the pandemic and ****ty owners, we were mostly forced into keeping players and signing players/resigning ceballos on loan etc.

Like I said before, Cedric and Ceballos wouldn't have been on top of Arteta's list. Back in November he said we need 5-6 signings as well.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Due to circumstances, mainly the pandemic and ****ty owners, we were mostly forced into keeping players and signing players/resigning ceballos on loan etc.

Like I said before, Cedric and Ceballos wouldn't have been on top of Arteta's list. Back in November he said we need 5-6 signings as well.

The pandemic forced Arteta to show continued faith in Ceballos and Elneny and not give someone like Ceballos a chance at all? The pandemic forced Arteta to back guys like Holding and Mari, then not give Saliba a chance before sending him on loan? The pandemic forced Arteta to start Willian for 20 games in a row before finally realising he wasn't going to do anything?

Maybe the pandemic affected our transfer plans, but anything after that is all on him. There are loads of decisions he made which have to be attributed to more than just the pandemic and he's got the majority of them completely wrong.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@Troopz is a decent forum member. Don't be rude.

2e3w.gif

@Tourbillion is my f**king bruddddahhhhhh ya kna.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With a quote like that you’d hope it means either to squad is getting torn apart or Arteta knows his time is up.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

could be a Mourinho quote

I mean these quotes are fair, everyone agrees with the content, but is there any precedent for a manager torching his own players like this and then going on to be successful?Like he's correct about needing an overhaul, but how does the current squad react to those comments now? They could just tell him to do one.

Reactions: A_G

LuanNguyen

The pandemic forced Arteta to show continued faith in Ceballos and Elneny and not give someone like Ceballos a chance at all? The pandemic forced Arteta to back guys like Holding and Mari, then not give Saliba a chance before sending him on loan? The pandemic forced Arteta to start Willian for 20 games in a row before finally realising he wasn't going to do anything?

Maybe the pandemic affected our transfer plans, but anything after that is all on him. There are loads of decisions he made which have to be attributed to more than just the pandemic and he's got the majority of them completely wrong.
I think his idea is that the pandemic affected Arteta's mind, maybe the Viruses ate up part of Arteta's brain.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
I'm mightily impressed he hasn't blamed COVID for giving him false tactics and who to bring on in games.

"It's all COVID's fault!! Stan will agree with me 100%"

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've heard that he's lost the dressing room so many times this season but they always seem to back him. Maybe it's different in private I dont know. I also dont think we've really got the characters in the squad to lead a dressing room revolt. Any of the guys with anything about them like Luiz, Tierney and Xhaka all seem to be on good terms with Arteta while Auba doesn't care. It's not as if we've got Terry and Drogba in the dressing room

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Can't wait for us to win 6-0 and for AFTV to go...

"Well yeah, we can see some sort of project! Just imagine if he's backed by the owners to bring his own players in!!!!"

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Does he not realise he’s throwing his players under the bus? This guy would stab anyone in the back to save his own skin and artificial reputation.
Surprised none of the players have confronted him about it ffs. You would think we’re playing with a bunch of plumbers from San Marino the way this c*nt Mikels going on. Someone really needs to have a word.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Blatantly obvious players aren't playing for him.'

Aubameyang's too busy counting £350k p/w to bother with captain duties.

He loves a good throwing a player under the bus doesn't he...

Pepe and guendouzi spring to mind.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom