• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Big Nate

Not going to be a popular opinion around here, now Bellerin is the next of a growing number of players publicly praising Arteta, including several players that have left (ie have nothing to lose by criticising him).

Auba and Tierney have signed new contracts with assurances that Arteta was staying.

I don't like our football or the treatment of Saliba/Nelson, but players who see much more than we do clearly dig his project.

I'd love to know what us fans are missing.
Most people on this forum will use their emotional outbursts and say that the players are sucking ass. As if for some reason players that were dropped and sold will voluntarily suck ass.

No, if they were unhappy they would give a neutral response.

As if Tierney would randomly suck ass when he will have a host of top clubs in Europe that would want to buy him. Apparently AM users are more tactically astute then the players in the team and they know that Arteta isnt good tactically even though the players constantly say he is very good..

Three things are very clear: Arteta is very good tactically and has improved the ethics at the club and the results haven't been good enough. The results not being good enough can be because a whole host of reasons.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Most people on this forum will use their emotional outbursts and say that the players are sucking ass. As if for some reason players that were dropped and sold will voluntarily suck ass.

No, if they were unhappy they would give a neutral response.

As if Tierney would randomly suck ass when he will have a host of top clubs in Europe that would want to buy him. Apparently AM users are more tactically astute then the players in the team and they know that Arteta isnt good tactically even though the players constantly say he is very good..

Three things are very clear: Arteta is very good tactically and has improved the ethics at the club and the results haven't been good enough. The results not being good enough can be because a whole host of reasons.
He is not a manager, he is a coach, a number 2. We need a number 1.

Olivier_Giroud

Cue the dumb jokes for most. But this is also why I’m happy Arteta is here (and wants to be here). Patience.
Oh please, lets use our head and stop behaving like the LOW IQ Arteta...
One of the reason Sp**s is having a hard time looking for a new coach/manager is because they are actually looking for a REAL COACH/MANAGER and not a COSPLAYER like Arteta.

Sp**s can easily do an Arsenal by picking some random mediocre ex-Player and dress him up as a coach and/or manager. Dressing a monkey in silk does not remove the fact that Arteta is a monkey. At least we know Levy is actually looking out for his Club. Arsenal fans who mock Sp**s because of this should be ashamed of themselves. We do not really have a Coach or Manager. let us stop fooling ourselves. What we have is some random warm body to fill in a vacant position and as expected has been disastrous.

Only a fool would think that we are in a better position than Sp**s, in fact we are far even worse. When Sp**s finally finds a REAL COACH/MANAGER, we are still going to be stuck with a Charlatan Yes Man whose biggest credential is being a cone boy of a check book manager. Where his fans biggest justification for his sham of a role is that "Pep said he is a genius"... Of course Pep would say that, do people really expect Pep to say Arteta is as dumb as a post? It is called PR. Who knows Pep probably also wants to get rid of his egoistical, annoying assistant.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Don't think he'll admit it, but Relegation I suspect...

But then again, they're signing King Sancho so 1st and winning the league by 90 points.

Its a she...

Its funny how she trashes Arteta on the one hand, when the very same or probably worse "manager" wont dare park in Sir Alex's parking.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's one of the things that does give me hope about Arteta. The players do seem to genuinely rate him.
One of the fundamentals of management is having a squad that has bought into the manager and his vision.

I'm sure some of the comments are for self preservation but the lavishness of some of the praise put on Arteta by the likes of KT goes way beyond your standard scripted answer to the media about the manager.

Same with the likes of Ødegaard and Mustafi praising him. There's no reason for them to do so really unless they really believe in his qualities.

All that stuff is well and good but still, results and performances have to improve quite strongly next season irrespective of the respect a lot of the squad seem to have for Arteta's abilities, else he'll be out of his job by Christmas.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think you’ll see progress under Tet’s next season.

7th place finish.
Don’t think you’ll see any progression under Ole though, Liverpool and Chelsea will take your 2nd spot and we’ve seen Ole can’t win a trophy to save his life.

Getting out of the group stages of the CL will be seen as progression maybe?

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's one of the things that does give me hope about Arteta. The players do seem to genuinely rate him.
One of the fundamentals of management is having a squad that has bought into the manager and his vision.

I'm sure some of the comments are for self preservation but the lavishness of some of the praise put on Arteta by the likes of KT goes way beyond your standard scripted answer to the media about the manager.

Same with the likes of Ødegaard and Mustafi praising him. There's no reason for them to do so really unless they really believe in his qualities.

All that stuff is well and good but still, results and performances have to improve quite strongly next season irrespective of the respect a lot of the squad seem to have for Arteta's abilities, else he'll be out of his job by Christmas.
Not sure he’ll be out of his job by Christmas, think we’ve started a long journey which the club will persist with even if things get rocky next season.

Obviously if he has a car crash few months then he’ll get sacked, but I don’t think he’s going to have that car crash period.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely zero evidence to support that statement, and by evidence I do not mean PR spin.

The previous statement had the words Arteta & very good in close proximity. That alone should've caused A-M's algorithm to enact an emergency autocorrect :lol:

musoke

I will always maintain that attacking Arsène is mainly for fans of other clubs. Some fans obviously wanted a change a few years back but we are past that now. Emery got 5th with an end of season collapse the season after Arsène left and at that point it was United and Chelsea in a worse position, but then the club f*cked up royally with the disconnect between Sanllehi and Emery's wants/needs.

A strong fan of a club should not be attacking club legends and icons. George Graham is another club legend, and I similarly only paint him in the best light now even though mid-90s are similar to current. All I'm saying is it really hurts to see needless attacking of Arsène, it is the kind of thing plastic fans would do, with no sense of club history and identity. We're a better club than that.
What? :facepalm:

gamechannel

Of course they like him cuz he played them regardless of consequences. Ødegaard comes in, plays immediately and often. Bellerin was persisted with despite **** performance after **** performance with no competition as we had gotten rid of AMN on loan. Willian was treated like a King. Tierney was a shoe-in without any competition once Kola was loaned out. Good thing he earned it. Mustafi was given game time and even a new contract offer. Why would any if these guys say a bad word about him. I don't care what they say about cone boy, I only look at the style of play and league table. We ended 8th. Couldn't give a rats ass about what he teaches the players. He's a **** coach.

These players were given preferential treatment regardless of performances. So of course they will sing his praises.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom