• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You even slagged off Wenger you rat. You said he always got the position his squad was worth, when he clearly over achieved after the stadium change.

Normally I ignore your weird posts, but I’m watching you closely now.

I meant the squad finishing thing, as a way to defend Arsène's last 2 seasons, not as a dig at him...he never failed to get the max out of all of his squads, even in the 2 that finished in the Europa places, he was just let down by the board.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Thank me later bruhhhh.
We didn’t take enough into account some of the horrible squads Arsène had to deal with on top of all his quality players being injured. He basically would have 2/3 really good players that were injured all the time surround by absolute liabilities.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Play decent football and compete for top four, that's all we ask. But Some on here think we have to spend the budget of small country before we can play decent football. I want Arteta to succeed, I really do. But we all know how this is going to end. It's going to end with Arteta getting the sack which means we'd have wasted another season and taking us further backwards. I don't like this mentality of back the manager even if we're midtable. I didn't see see this level of support for our previous managers.
Arsenal is a good manager and a couple sick players away from achieving great things, but we constantly choose to be sh*t on purpose.

Backing Arteta is the worst attempt I've see the club take to date though.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It always surprises me that part of the fanbase are not content with having run our most successful manager through all times out of the club. They want to give it another go. Once you get a taste for that, when will it end?

Wenger once said something like that a club functions best when people do their job, and not the job of everyone else. People should heed that message. Our motto goes along the same lines, victory through harmony.

I stick to the 'Arsenal manager in' as long as he has the dressing room. Arteta seems to have that.

What troubles me the most is the extreme personalisation this has taken. Invectives such as 'low IQ', 'toxic personality' etc etc. By all means, argue that the manager isn't good enough, but low grade rhetoric like that is embarrassing at best, and reflects poorly on the poster.

At the end of the day, if the Arsenal manager, whomever he/she might be, succeeds, the club succeeds. Isn't that what we want?
If he finishes mid table for a 3rd time but 'has the dressing room', you'll still back him? I can't understand that bro.

Riou

If he finishes mid table for a 3rd time but 'has the dressing room', you'll still back him? I can't understand that bro.

He can rightly be sacked, if he finishes 8th again...though if we have a poor run to the extent of the one last year, I will be shocked if he sees out the season.

Bit harsh to blame him for both 8th place finishes though, he only had half the season in the first one.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I've stated earlier, and I should perhaps have done so again, that I think it's a fair crack of the whip to give him two years and two summer windows.

If we are mid table by October/ November, I think it will be lights out.

In any case, it shouldn't be the fans that leads to a termination of a manager's contract.

We've seen what a disaster that was with Wenger. His last season was made completely untenable. Here we are.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I've stated earlier, and I should perhaps have done so again, that I think it's a fair crack of the whip to give him two years and two summer windows.

If we are mid table by October/ November, I think it will be lights out.

In any case, it shouldn't be the fans that leads to a termination of a manager's contract.

We've seen what a disaster that was with Wenger. His last season was made completely untenable. Here we are.
I can't see the fans doing that again. In any case there's no sign of it, mainly because expectations are now so much lower.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

@GoonerJeeves is spot on tbh. I don't believe in Mikel but what do I know about football? I would hate to see any Arsenal manager go through what we have seen in the past. Especially when they mean well like Arteta clearly does.

I would just prefer a competent board to put us out of our misery however.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
If we finish in the Europa League places, then the club shouldn't sack him, tbh...we shouldn't be expected to finish above City, Chelsea, United or Liverpool, our players/club is a Europa League level one atm.

No manager should be expected to get this team in the Champions League, there are just too many better teams than us right now.

If you want Mikel sacked if he falls out with the team (like Emery did) this season, or if he has bad run in the first half of this season like he did last year, that's fine...but if we finish 5th and you still want him out at the end of the year, then that's an agenda on your part.
Indeed, though not all 5ths are made equal. If it's a 5th where our results belie our performances then you can make a good argument for sacking him. That is it needs to be a 5th where our performance level is rather high and you can see that we are progressing as a club, and that the project is moving in a promising way.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

He can rightly be sacked, if he finishes 8th again...though if we have a poor run to the extent of the one last year, I will be shocked if he sees out the season.

Bit harsh to blame him for both 8th place finishes though, he only had half the season in the first one.
Arsenal were 8th when Unai was sacked. We were 8th when Arteta finished the season. No improvement. Usually there's a new manager bounce effect. He had a whole further season and we were 8th again.

Riou

Arsenal were 8th when Unai was sacked. We were 8th when Arteta finished the season. No improvement. Usually there's a new manager bounce effect. He had a whole further season and we were 8th again.

The mess last season was totally on Arteta, as it was basically his tactics/team selections that had us in the bottom half of the table...whereas he took over a team in the bottom half of the table in 19/20, that was already very low on confidence...just don't think he can be blamed for that league season.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He clawed the season back with the FA Cup win, I personally let him slide for that season I can't lie. When he started dismantling things unnecessarily and handled certain players a bit funny and the results didn't justify it that's when me and Mikel fell out.

His defenders/excuses makers have made these 18 months far more worse than it had to be. Some blame has wrongfully been placed elsewhere and legitimate concerns are consistently batted away. It's hugely contributed to his unlikeability for me.

Riou

His defenders/excuses makers have made these 18 months far more worse than it had to be. Some blame has wrongfully been placed elsewhere and legitimate concerns are consistently batted away. It's hugely contributed to his unlikeability for me.

Some of this is your own fault, tbh....why did you keep willingly reading The Athletic for so long :lol:

Riou

Worst part of this forum, sometimes I’ll be reading the first few lines and think how awful it is and realsie it’s riou and it all makes sense.

You seen Rex Banter's latest thread, in the personal article section?

Good read.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Some of this is your own fault, tbh....why did you keep willingly reading The Athletic for so long :lol:
I didn't tbf and it's not just them. I've honestly not read anything James McNicholas and Amy Lawrence for ages - I just copy paste the articles for people that don't want to pay/help drive discussion around here.

Charles Watts, AFTV, Alexis Scott, Lee Dixon, Kevin Campbell are either pro Arteta or 100% blame the players if they don't particularly care for Arteta and I've really struggled with this.

Watts aside who's a journalist, this is the majority of our pundits/representation.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom