• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m not joking, sign 4 defenders in the summer or something.

We need to replace all our starting 11 except Leno, Tierney, Auba and Pepe.

Pepe still has a lot to prove but I think he will. Auba obvs might leave.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Mate not even Alex Ferguson with Rinus Michels as his assistant would be able to manage this team well with these players... 90% of them are uncoachable
200.gif

uriazu

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but his decisions are so irrational that it makes it hard to stay quite
Seems that again we fell for another idealistic manager trap. It would be understandable for teams like city or liverpool that have 2 of the best players in the world almost in every position but that is not the case for us
We keep hitting our head against the wall and coming up with the same solution, “change the players and not the approach”
We have mid-top quality players in most positions and very few top players and even then our managers get carried away in a romantic notion that some MAYBE talented youngsters will lead us to some football revolution. I respect all Arsenal players but some of them are still not even close to being part of a top team 11. And still we sit Laca and Pepe out who are even though not in their best much better than their replacements.
Regardless of the coach we keep trying to play a style we are absolutely not made for with the players we have.
I think the romanticism of our managers is taking us deeper down every year, and if Leno was not a tremendous shot stopper who knows how much lower we would be.
This club needs a change of mentality or 11 world class players ASAP and if not we are going to be disappointed not just this seasons but the ones to come.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You lot were all getting exicted over an assistant manager that has never managed a team a day in his life. You know how easy it is to be a coach at City with all the best players in the world? You went from De Bruyne the best player in the league to Özil who doesn't even bother anymore. He's in way over his head with this job.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
You lot were all getting exicted over an assistant manager that has never managed a team a day in his life. You know how easy it is to be a coach at City with all the best players in the world? You went from De Bruyne the best player in the league to Özil who doesn't even bother anymore. He's in way over his head with this job.
AM told me that we had to miss on the EL for the next season (and ~30m coming with it) so Arteta would have time to teach the players how to spin the Wheel of Fortune

Moah

Why's he not playing players in their best positions ?
Exactly. I don't get why we have to play youngsters barely deserving while we bench the experienced ones.

He should play everyone in their best positions with his tactics/setup and make it clear for everyone watching who's **** and who can play in the system.

The only thing we are gaining by benching the likes of Pepe, Laca and Özil is devaluing their worth even if we intend to sell them.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
AM told me that we had to miss on the EL for the next season (and ~30m coming with it) so Arteta would have time to teach the players how to spin the Wheel of Fortune

Haha this has been an AM favourite long time. Miss out on CL, then the owner will start to throw money and we can focus on the league. When we missed out on that we now have to miss out on EL too so we can focus on the league alone. Perhaps the next move is throwing all the cups so we only have 38 games left.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
If this Arteta experiment is not going to work out we better find out asap and go after Poch. We can't make that mistake of when Klopp, Pep, Conte, Mourinho etc were there for the taking and Wenger could've been let go of on a good term.

By the look of things Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, PSG jobs may open up soon so we better be on the look out already.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Özil wouldn't have touched it last night. Absolutely the right decision to leave him at home. Arteta has sat in the team meetings with Pep and Co when they've single out Özil as a weakness they've exploited. Özil isn't going to change so why play him in this fixture.

Did Willock even touch the ball? Did he track back every time? No. So I see nothing that Willock does that Mesut wouldnt do. At least he’d be class on the ball.

But this isn’t an Özil topic. I just feel Arteta is playing completely wrong teams. And his support/praise of Luiz after that clownesque display and youngsters like Nketiah and Willock who offered us nothing all game is annoying the hell out of me.

Just play our best player(s) in the right positions for one. Start with Auba at CF and Saka or Martinelli LW. Might not even hurt to have wingers who can cross it for Auba in Saka and Nelson for example.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
How come when he came in he had all the players looking twice as good as before.

Remember AMN, Özil, pepe, torreira, xhaka etc all performing brilliantly against United Chelsea.

Luiz getting motm.

Chasing everything, doing triangle moves.

Then back to this ****.

Seriously why did he change his whole initial approach???

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom