• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's gone a long way reversing two years of hurt.

Won't be holding my breath, but I'm holding my breath :D

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Excellent game management today, his best performance in that regard. That was hugely encouraging and he anticipated Wolves game very well. We managed to weather the storm as we're particularly weak in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half since Arteta's become coach but we dealt with that well and Arteta's subs were all spot on - even the questionable ones (Laca for Eddie, AMN for Tierney in particular).

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
We already played good attacking football under Arteta with these players. It's possible.

Let's hope we can get back to that. You don't need 11 great players to have an attacking philosophy.

Think we'll see more of that once the team starts believing in itself again. We're going to have blips on the run in, but at least you could see that the players were not ****ting themselves left right and center like they usually do.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Might have to change my signature if he keeps this up. Happy to eat my crow. Still though supporting Luiz, Mari and Cedric getting 4 ****ing years had drove me to the wall after Brighton.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Proper ****house win but it's 3 points, away from home and with a clean sheet. No complains.

I just hope to see more attacking football soon.

Granted, but going attacking football against wolves is a **** mission in most cases. He did the right thing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
All we want from our fans is supporting the manager. Arteta is learning but I'm impressed how he handling the attitude and training if you don't give your best you not in the team.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
His best in game management so far.. Looked awful in the 2nd half until he made the right subs and we got back in it.

Reactions: A_G

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
We already played good attacking football under Arteta with these players. It's possible.

Let's hope we can get back to that. You don't need 11 great players to have an attacking philosophy.

When? I'd rather win games and Arteta seems to be basing strategies on the amount of games in a short period of time plus what the opponent likes to play. Just going full out attacking every game is a **** mission for our standings in the table. We don't have the players to do this game in and game out.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Metatarsal injury
Repeated torn muscle injury
Kidney stones
Collateral knee
And a broken foot

they’re all serious injuries he’s had in the last 4 years

None as bad as 3 separate injuries jack had (impact injuries from bad tackles).

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
When? I'd rather win games and Arteta seems to be basing strategies on the amount of games in a short period of time plus what the opponent likes to play. Just going full out attacking every game is a **** mission for our standings in the table. We don't have the players to do this game in and game out.
Before the COVID break.

Just winning games any way you can is not the kind of manager I want Arteta to be. I'm sure he doesn't want to be that kind of manager either. Arteta will work on our attack in the coming weeks as he won't be happy with such performances in the long term.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
tenor.gif

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Considering we have no senior ball carrying or creative midfielder other than Özil who appears to be in AWOL mode, I think we will need to hold out for a bit longer before we see flowing football.

Arteta has plumped for a formation that protects our weaker first choice players in order to try to get results while he beds in certain standards.

the 3-4-3 is also particularly well suited to the last 3 teams we;ve played against.

I don't think this squad as is is constructed to even attempt to play peak Wengerball, so it makes sense to be pragmatic at the moment.

Keplaz

Before the COVID break.

Just winning games any way you can is not the kind of manager I want Arteta to be. I'm sure he doesn't want to be that kind of manager either. Arteta will work on our attack in the coming weeks as he won't be happy with such performances in the long term.

I think it's a matter of making the most of what he has. I don't think he had the tools he needs for his philosophy at the moment. He brought in people like Pablo Mari to implement passing from the back. It will take at least two windows I reckon before we start to see what Arteta really wants from his team.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Before the COVID break.

Hmm but I don't think we are? I mean our team isn't good enough to go to Wolves and dominate, so Arteta is doing what we cried out for Wenger to do for ages; go away to hard places and adjust.

Then at home (like against Norwich) we are starting to see the kind of football Arteta wants, pressing and good passing

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom