• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Why give Arteta another season? Do you think Mik can ever take us to a PL title? If the answer is no, then you should be in support of sacking him now.

I don't think Arsenal will realistically win a PL title in the next 20 years. Not a reasonable expectation of an Arsenal manager in this era.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Could also be a sign the club is panicking a bit releasing this nonsense, they know a loss vs Chelsea and another in the next few games and things might actually turn toxic. The fans might even stop singing about how he's the best looking Spaniard and is going to take us to the CL.
I hope Arteta leaves disgraced and the rest of his career is at League 1 football. He’s a cvnt

TornadoTed

Established Member
There are no cultural issues as far as I can see, it's just BS. All indicators suggest that discipline and team spirit have been addressed (some would say too aggressively but that's a different argument) and resolved.

Our problems are pretty clear, our squad isn't deep enough and our manager after nearly 2 1/2 years can't build a functional attacking side. I didn't need a fancy firm to lead me to those conclusions.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Might have to call it quits till Arteta f*cks off you know. These constant PR articles coming out of the club honestly puts me in the worst of moods. It’s clear as day Arteta has a PR team behind him pushing this nonsense. Can’t deal with it honestly.
I was legit cool about the back to back losses (because what do you expect), but yeah reading this stuff just pissed me off.

Completely unnecessary.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
There are no cultural issues as far as I can see, discipline and team spirit have been addressed (some would say too aggressively but that's a different argument) and resolved.

Our problems are pretty clear, our squad isn't deep enough and our manager after nearly 2 1/2 years can't build a functional attacking side.
Only 1 culture problem. Board too forgiving with mediocre coach and too slow to sack. No ambition

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
It's the kind of consultancy you might get away with 6 months into your management not 2.5 years. I love how these American billionaires are always trying to find ways to reduce costs with staff and players but always happy to piss away a couple of milion dollars on some high paid consultants.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
It's the kind of consultancy you might get away with 6 months into your management not 2.5 years. I love how these American billionaires are always trying to find ways to reduce costs with staff and players but always happy to piss away a couple of milion dollars on some high paid consultants.
Clowns

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
0_GettyImages-1342263689.jpg

vs
2303199d-2d9e-42a2-b898-95f73f950112_a691e3d1.jpg

Discuss.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
What I don't get is the PR machine likes to paint everything as perfect when we're winning but once we lose a few games it's almost like they have to do a whole damage control operation. It just comes across as so fake.

It's not helping the players or Arteta himself either. I think they'd be better served to just keep quiet for a while and let the players/staff try and sort it out on the pitch.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

The PR machine working at full force.
Everytime we go through a bad spell, they serve us this culture crap.

I have never seen any other manager getting away with his mediocre job with the culture crap. It's simply amazing. :lol:

Another narrative reshaping effort to stem the fan discontent. You have to admire it, in a way. If only they would put that much thought into actual football.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
‘The Arsenal Way’: club conducting top-to-bottom cultural review

David Ornstein

It was a disappointing weekend for Arsenal as their chances of making next season’s Champions League hit another setback — the defeat at Southampton was their third consecutive loss.

The downturn has tempered expectations for the final weeks of the campaign and offered a reality check on how much progress is still required if they are to compete for the biggest trophies again.

Manager Mikel Arteta is charged with improving Arsenal’s fortunes on the pitch and there is also a rebuilding job occurring behind the scenes as the north London side try to reclaim former glories.

mikel-arteta

(Photo: Daniel Leal/AFP via Getty Images)
One of the main problems identified in recent times has been the culture and they are now trying to do something about it. The Athletic understands Arsenal have enlisted the help of consultancy firm People-Made to embark upon what sources call a “top-to-bottom cultural review of the club”.

The project — known internally as “The Arsenal Way” — has already begun and aims to hear from staff at all levels of the organisation, identify what has gone wrong and attempt to put things right.

There is an acceptance that many factors Arsenal feel set them apart started to dissipate towards the end of Arsène Wenger’s reign and during Unai Emery’s period at the helm.

Backed at ownership level, this is being led by director Lord Harris, chief executive Vinai Venkatesham and chief commercial officer Juliet Slot. Arteta, technical director Edu and academy boss Per Mertesacker are involved in what they hope will help bring a successful future.

The process kicked off with a “Be Together” forum at the Emirates Stadium and there are smaller sessions — some of which Arteta has attended — focus groups, individual meetings and a survey.

There are groups named after iconic figures, such as “Rocky”, with new images and messaging noticeable around club buildings designed to connect employees with Arsenal’s history and values.

People-Made’s research phase is happening until the summer, when the London-based company will report its findings and assist Arsenal in establishing a “cultural direction” for the years ahead.

Speechless.

Sorry, I don't read bullshit during Ramadan.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Weird how the culture has only been a problem since Arteta started sucking the life out of the club.

So not when the players completely gave up under Emery one the going got tough?

It’s been an issue for years now.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom