• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd have taken top 5 at the beginning of the season.

I don't think we have a squad capable to play Champions League football as evidenced by our collapse we've seen this season after any key player gets injured. Wouldn't have expected us to get out the group stages. We need another window at least to improve.

I understand the rage though. We we had top 4 in our hands due to other teams underperforming and yes we did 'bottle' it. That's the annoying part. Long term I'm not too worried atm. I saw progress this season and hopefully we'll go one step further in the next.
Back in 2015/16 when the fan base was raging mad at finishing 2nd, no one, and I mean no one, would believe that any Arsenal fan would accept two 8th place finishes, followed by the words, 'I'd take top 5 this season'. It's a sign of how far expectations have fallen under this chump. There was nothing wrong with our squad. It was the manager who thinned it out and gave players away.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
So according to your excellent logic, Özil passed from his prime to not enough to play in a period of 2 months which is the long between the time Wenger and Emery had their last and first game? You really mould the reality to fix your pro Arteta rhetoric.

Yet it isn't even about Arteta, it's about Emery. Did Özil play as well the season after he got his new contract? Do you want him to play for us now?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No we haven't, utter nonsense
Lol. Read, weep and apologise. I've circled it for you.

B64-A3637-52-DF-4-C37-B959-D9828-ED9-B0-B6.jpg

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Back in 2015/16 when the fan base was raging mad at finishing 2nd, no one, and I mean no one, would believe that any Arsenal fan would accept two 8th place finishes, followed by the words, 'I'd take top 5 this season'. It's a sign of how far expectations have fallen under this chump. There was nothing wrong with our squad. It was the manager who thinned it out and gave players away.

Except the 2nd place finish was with a rubbishy 71 points and we should be about 2 points off that this season. Then we fell to 6th under Wenger with an ageing squad. Arteta took over a team in 11th placed in the table after 18 games. 11th!!!!!!!!! Go and tell me it was a fluke we were in 11th place after 18 games

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Except the 2nd place finish was with a rubbishy 71 points and we should be about 2 points off that this season. Then we fell to 6th under Wenger with an ageing squad. Arteta took over a team in 11th placed in the table after 18 games. 11th!!!!!!!!! Go and tell me it was a fluke we were in 11th place after 18 games
Conte took over a team that was 9th! 9th!!!! Imagine. That same team finished 7th last year. In half a season, he’s made them finish top 4!!!

Arteta been here 3 years and is still behind Conte 😂😂

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wenger only fell to 6th with the weight of all that toxicity. I'd like to see where Arteta would come with planes over head, boycotts and protests outside every stadium. Bad enough with incredible support. And where's your apology?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Lol. Read, weep and apologise. I've circled it for you.

B64-A3637-52-DF-4-C37-B959-D9828-ED9-B0-B6.jpg

Look up the word 'investment'. Chelsea have invested about 100m more in fees alone before we factor in the far higher signing on fees and wages they're shelling out. Recouped assets are irrelevant to investment. Also I know you won't be able to get your head around this but agent fees and wages are not free. United have spent far more than us when you factor that in.

In a simplistic mind set Halaand seems relatively cheap at 50 or 60m transfer fee. In reality that's a 250m investment.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Wenger only fell to 6th with the weight of all that toxicity. I'd like to see where Arteta would come with planes over head, boycotts and protests outside every stadium. Bad enough with incredible support. And where's your apology?
Arteta finishes 8th in a good year 😂😂😂

Under those conditions, he’d get us relegated down to championship and then to league 1

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Look up the word 'investment'. Chelsea have invested about 100m more in fees alone before we factor in the far higher signing on fees and wages they're shelling out. Recouped assets are irrelevant to investment. Also I know you won't be able to get your head around this but agent fees and wages are not free. United have spent far more than us when you factor that in.

In a simplistic mind set Halaand seems relatively cheap at 50 or 60m transfer fee. In reality that's a 250m investment.
Strawman. Chelsea as a club have only invested £169m of club funds in the last two years, because they haven't been giving players away to Barcelona for free.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Wenger took us from the Invisibles, to 4th place finishes, to eventual 6th place. We still had Özil and Alexis playing really well in Wenger's last season. But he was building worse and worse teams. He downgraded every position. Where do you think we are now if Wenger stays and he keeps signing dross? Because other than Özil and Alexis who did he even sign that was any good in the last 6 or so years?

As for apology, you're simply wrong, see my reply

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Strawman. Chelsea as a club have only invested £169m of club funds in the last two years, because they haven't been giving players away to Barcelona for free.

It's not strawman to point out you don't understand the basic definition of the word 'investment' or the fact investment in wages and such is also part of the overall investment. Investment is the total money you invest. If we sold AMN, Auba, Pepe it wouldn't mean we invested less. We simply would of recouped assets. Chelsea having more assets to recoup doesn't mean they have invested less. In reality it's because they already invested more funds with better decision making than we did previously. Nothing to do with current investment.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wenger took us from the Invisibles, to 4th place finishes, to eventual 6th place. We still had Özil and Alexis playing really well in Wenger's last season. But he was building worse and worse teams. He downgraded every position. Where do you think we are now if Wenger stays and he keeps signing dross? Because other than Özil and Alexis who did he even sign that was any good in the last 6 or so years?

As for apology, you're simply wrong, see my reply
Revisionist twaddle.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's not strawman to point out you don't understand the basic definition of the word 'investment' or the fact investment in wages and such is also part of the overall investment. Investment is the total money you invest. If we sold AMN, Auba, Pepe it wouldn't mean we invested less. We simply would of recouped assets. Chelsea having more assets to recoup doesn't mean they have invested less. In reality it's because they already invested more funds with better decision making than we did previously. Nothing to do with current investment.
Strawman again. The discussion was about investment in player purchases not wages, painting the changing rooms and Pukka pies at half time. We had plenty of assets to recoup but we gave them away for free, or for a pittance like Guendouzi.

Look, I get you're desperate to blame the past else look a fool for backing a loser but it doesn't wash with me.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah and Arteta was 16th in the table by december 2020. Emery was sacked when the team was in the 8th position.

The only difference is the club hierarchy kept faith in Arteta. Infact when spent the first half of 2020/2021 in the bottom half of the table or have you forgotten?

It seems like some sort of selective amnesia have been going around lately.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom