• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Cant just sweep that under the rug though, he's an important player and it adds up. I'm ****ing sick of Cedric.
Ok cool, missing Tomi was important too.

Doesn't excuse not being able to beat Newcastle and Everton to make top 4 imo.

And injuries can happen, I don't really know what else to say, it's unfair sometimes but being properly prepared for it is part of a season and management.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
From today the expectations will start get higher.

This season was about going back to Europe next season demands will be higher fans will want europa trophy or fa cup and top 4 finish minimum.

About this season i never thought we'd get close to 70 points after the start we had so it's positive with 22 league wins. That's about it.

There many negatives as well a team that struggle to score a team that when going behind just wave the white flag and the number of loses is very high.

This summer is about to raise the quality understand the rebuilding still not over but difference makers in squad needed with right mentality too

shoot for the top

Finished within touching distance of 3rd with a core of Ramsdale, Kieran, Gabriel, White, Tomi, Saka, Ødegaard, ESR, Gabi whom are all aged 24 and under. Our top scoring striker has 5 PL goals this season, Saying something like "Break the bank for a world class striker and we're instantly the 3rd best in the country" doesnt sound much of an exaggeration. But hey where's the bright spot ? I cant show the light to the blind
He chose to have these players because he got rid of the older ones. That's no excuse for throwing away 4th place. He outspent the whole prem this season.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I actually don’t see our final position as *that* bad tbh. What’s really bad is that the attacking play is still as boring as when he arrived. It gives zero hope going into a summer that attacking signings are going to be important. Honestly finishing 5th knowing that it was more a player quality issue would have a better feeling. Right now quality kinda feels irrelevant when I believe the coach can’t coach an attack.
Good football really should be the bread and butter of arsenal and it’s not been for a very very long time.
Season overall rating is 4.7/10.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
From today the expectations will start get higher.

This season was about going back to Europe next season demands will be higher fans will want europa trophy or fa cup and top 4 finish minimum.

About this season i never thought we'd get close to 70 points after the start we had so it's positive with 22 league wins. That's about it.

There many negatives as well a team that struggle to score a team that when going behind just wave the white flag and the number of loses is very high.

This summer is about to raise the quality understand the rebuilding still not over but difference makers in squad needed with right mentality too
Agree with all of this. We must be competing for 3rd next season and looking to finish 3rd or 4th in order to show real improvement, imo.

Have to solidify LB/RB, the midfield, and need some proper strikers who fit this system. It's going to be a tall order because Tomi, Tierney, and Partey all struggle with injuries when we need better than Tavares, Cedric, Sambi, and Xhaka to overcome them as well as either hoping the former all stay healthy or their backups are competent enough to do the job.

We have to see Arteta take next steps as well. He cannot dump players and lose out on transfer funds. He has to show better man management. He has to show better game management too.

Reactions: Kav

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

And injuries can happen, I don't really know what else to say, it's unfair sometimes but being properly prepared for it is part of a season and management.
Yh I was doing my usual of not knowing what you were discussing. It’s just weird to suggest that we were playing well without a player so they don’t matter. I wasn’t his biggest fan but I imagine you wouldn’t say that about Auba.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I actually don’t see our final position as *that* bad tbh. What’s really bad is that the attacking play is still as boring as when he arrived. It gives zero hope going into a summer that attacking signings are going to be important. Honestly finishing 5th knowing that it was more a player quality issue would have a better feeling. Right now quality kinda feels irrelevant when I believe the coach can’t coach an attack.
Good football really should be the bread and butter of arsenal and it’s not been for a very very long time.
Season overall rating is 4.7/10.
On the face of it no it doesn't, when you dig deeper it isn't.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Agree with all of this. We must be competing for 3rd next season and looking to finish 3rd or 4th in order to show real improvement, imo.

Have to solidify LB/RB, the midfield, and need some proper strikers who fit this system. It's going to be a tall order because Tomi, Tierney, and Partey all struggle with injuries when we need better than Tavares, Cedric, Sambi, and Xhaka to overcome them as well as either hoping the former all stay healthy or their backups are competent enough to do the job.

We have to see Arteta take next steps as well. He cannot dump players and lose out on transfer funds. He has to show better man management. He has to show better game management too.
Arteta as manager also need to step up his game when we gone behind this season our team showed no effort coming back even at 1-0. Fans are patient but won't be forever at Arsenal the expectations will always be high

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
All these number crunching to cream Mikel's achievement with the miscellaneous improvement. Here is a perspective to ya. There are no European football and travel in mid weeks. And he severed one of his best scorer and failed bringing reinforcement in January, only to see his midfielders drying up on goals later. I don't mind the praise on him building a young squad. But his man management and his approach per game/period can often lead to problems.

Some stories say Mikel can do what Klopp do for Liverpool. With his current caliber and projection, I doubt whether he can do what Klopp did for Dortmund, let along what Jurgen is doing for Liverpool.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Tomi and KT I don't put it on the Manager and Higher ups, but Kulu and Bentacour were the difference between CL and EL for Sp**s.

Wish we could've taken a risk on midfield at least during the january transfer window.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom