• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It’s more like having an employee who is not performing and is bringing the rest of the team down.
Been said before but our goal rate jumped significantly when Auba left. Him not being here is not even a small reason we didn’t get 4th.

And that was decided over a two to three month spell in which he didn’t look comfortable in the set up?

I don’t blame footballers nowadays when they snake clubs and do what’s best for their career since there’s no loyalty at all from clubs or fans to stick with them. I’m sure even AW probably regrets not ditching us for Real Madrid when they came calling after the way he was treated.

Waiting for the sexual that will quote this and say Teta had an offer from “PSG” but he decided to remain loyal 🤣🤣 he wouldn’t last seconds in that environment. Non negotiables to Mbappe, Neymar and Messi 🤦🏽‍♂️

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Your thoughts on this?

For what it’s worth to show that I am genuinely asking, I don’t think Auba staying would have changed much.

Too easy to say he would have (he probably wouldn’t have got selected, difficult to make an impact off the bench, we didn’t play to his strengths etc).
Fwiw I don't understand this culture reset, values, etc. Feel too much importance is being put on these stuff like corporate companies do.

Anyway on the pitch with the way we played with auba before this, I don't think a lot would have changed. If it was not such a big bust up, then we should have just handled it internally as much as possible and gotten a much better deal on his departure and sorted out a replacement.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Your thoughts on this?

For what it’s worth to show that I am genuinely asking, I don’t think Auba staying would have changed much. Too easy to say he would have (he probably wouldn’t have got selected, difficult to make an impact off the bench, didn’t play to his strengths etc).

Having played football professionally, I know how big of a problem it can be if you have an older figure with authority not acting to the standards that are being set, especially when you have a young squad.

If the overall culture needed improvement (which I believe it did, going off reports) Arteta needed/needs to assert himself. Short term pain is basically unavoidable, regardless of what you think of his ability as a manager. You cannot achieve a change in work culture and approach if the person demanding it is being undermined by social leaders in the team, it simply doesn't work.

In hindsight it was a terrible choice to appoint him captain, given his earlier attitude problems in his career, but it probably speaks to my point: He was a leader behind the scenes because of his stature in the game. Appointing someone else captain probably wouldn't have done much as they wouldn't be taken seriously. We've probably all had an experience in school or at work where someone is asked to take charge of something but we all know he wasn't in charge.

I honestly think you did well in getting rid asap, even if the finances weren't ideal. Have people forgotten just how painful it got with Özil in the end? You found someone willing to take his wages and struck. That kind of ruthlessness was often lacking and many posters on here were screaming for Wenger to be more ruthless with getting rid of players etc back then.

Also helps that Auba genuinely played terrible towards the end, and has been mediocre at Barca but on huge wages, wages that now aren't your problem anymore.

D

Deleted member 102404

And that was decided over a two to three month spell in which he didn’t look comfortable in the set up?

I don’t blame footballers nowadays when they snake clubs and do what’s best for their career since there’s no loyalty at all from clubs or fans to stick with them. I’m sure even AW probably regrets not ditching us for Real Madrid when they came calling after the way he was treated.

Waiting for the sexual that will quote this and say Teta had an offer from “PSG” but he decided to remain loyal 🤣🤣 he wouldn’t last seconds in that environment. Non negotiables to Mbappe, Neymar and Messi 🤦🏽‍♂️

It could have been the set up, could have been Auba not focused. Could be the PL just got too much for him, but his form for 18 months was poor.
I do think Arteta made a huge error giving him the contract in the first place though.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It could have been the set up, could have been Auba not focused. Could be the PL just got too much for him, but his form for 18 months was poor.
I do think Arteta made a huge error giving him the contract in the first place though.

There’s also huge blame that should be pinned on him for not replacing Auba, if he deemed that there’s no way both can work together.

Another factor could have been him losing trust in this stale process/manager which is very understandable. It’s all ifs and buts since nobody knows the real reason however I think it’s more to do with the set up. Arteta just like Pep wants a specific way for his striker to play and if you’re not doing so then that’s an issue. Just as an example, Jack Grealish said why he’s been underwhelming and not performing like he was at Villa due to Pep restricting him.

Let’s not forget under Teta there were times when Auba was filling in at LB due to not getting the ball where he wants it and Teta barking instructions from the touchline.

D

Deleted member 102404

There’s also huge blame that should be pinned on him for not replacing Auba, if he deemed that there’s no way both can work together.

Another factor could have been him losing trust in this stale process/manager which is very understandable. It’s all ifs and buts since nobody knows the real reason however I think it’s more to do with the set up. Arteta just like Pep wants a specific way for his striker to play and if you’re not doing so then that’s an issue. Just as an example, Jack Grealish said why he’s been underwhelming and not performing like he was at Villa due to Pep restricting him.

Let’s not forget under Teta there were times when Auba was filling in at LB due to not getting the ball where he wants it and Teta barking instructions from the touchline.
Auba was not filling in at LB.
I saw this before claimed by someone just because Auba chased back once in a game.

Look, we scored 43 goals in the league in 23 games after he was dropped and we scored 18 in 15 games before he was dropped.

The other players, including Nketiah by the way, didn’t have a major problem scoring goals under this apparently awful system in attack.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Your thoughts on this?

For what it’s worth to show that I am genuinely asking, I don’t think Auba staying would have changed much.

Too easy to say he would have (he probably wouldn’t have got selected, difficult to make an impact off the bench, we didn’t play to his strengths etc).

If we consult the Engima-Venn-Diagram we can see that Arteta said himself that "Those who left were players that we did not really use and I don't know how much they would have played" when discussing the January window. So, I mean.....
Updated the venn diagram!

View attachment 6957

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'm sorry @SA Gunner , but let's put it this way:

United is an amazing footballing institution, one of the biggest clubs in the world and certainly one of the richest non oil run ones, suuuuuuuuurely they know better if they are insisting with Ole, right?

100%.

They did their analysis, and took the decision to run with Ole and back him financially. And despite all that, it didn’t work out.

Imagine if they took their advice from Redcafe? We’d absolutely love it :lol:

I suppose closer to home… remember all those years when we thought we could manage Arsenal better than Wenger? If only they listened to our sound advice out here. :lol:

Last edited:

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

Ah yes, threaten the culture reset that Arteta is intent on delivering and that was already delivered in the past by Arteta himself (both prior to Auba leaving and post), and that we need consultants to come in and fix for us (which happened several months after Auba had left). That culture reset.

Guess we can resurface this one while we're at it.
From 19th Aug 2020, 8 months into his tenure:
Mikel Arteta knew it was going to be a big project.

Our head coach arrived midway through December and could see that the energy and culture around the club needed to change.

So just how did Arteta turn our struggling side into Emirates FA Cup champions within eight months?

"The first thing was that I got everyone together, the staff and the players, and I told them what I thought about them and why this wasn't working," he told Arsenal Digital. "If we were going to continue like this, it was never going to work.

"The first thing we had to do was get back all together with the same agenda and with the same intentions. The foundations have to be really strong in order to create something and we started to do that. I explained my view of how we could do it, we could change things and monitor them daily, but we started to apply some things and they really started to work.

"We had to create the right culture for our club and it has to be an environment that first of all everybody has to respect each other, that we have to work together and we have to express the passion and how we lucky we are to be where we are. That's the first one to start with.

"Without that unity, we cannot drive this massive ship that we have to manage with Arsenal, and the expectations that are involved with the club. The moment we started to do that, I started to change a few things that, for me, were really relevant. The players got behind them, the staff got behind them and we started to see some results straight away.

"As well, we have to identify our weaknesses and our strengths, and they have to be aware of our weaknesses. We can have weaknesses that we have to hide but we cannot have weaknesses within our structure of our club.

"Then we have to maximise our strengths, that we have a lot of, and at that moment I didn't believe that we were doing that. We have huge potential, we have no limits, it depends on us not the opponent or other clubs. It depends on our stats and that was something that needed to change, so that's what I was encouraging all the time, to do that."

From a month ago, article on the family values Arteta had brought into the club.

How Mikel Arteta has transformed Arsenal’s culture with family feel bringing squad together in top-four push​

By Simon Collings @sr_collings

11 March 2022

When one Arsenal player walked into the canteen at the club’s training ground earlier this season, he could not keep the smile off his face when he saw what greeted him.
Spontaneous themed lunches have become a way to make foreign players feel at home; they have also acted as a treat for the squad. On this occasion, small Brazilian flags and staff dressed in yellow accompanied the South American food.
Little initiatives like that by Mikel Arteta and his coaching staff have gone down well with Arsenal players, who believe the spirit in the squad off the pitch has played a key part in their success on it.

Arteta likes to set the tone for the working day at London Colney, often arriving at around 8am — a full hour before anyone else — so he can plan ahead.

Lateness was an issue when he first took over in December 2019, but over time that has been eradicated to the extent players are now following his lead and arriving early, choosing to have breakfast at the training ground and chat with their team-mates.

Arteta is renowned for being a disciplinarian and having “non-negotiables”, and that has played a key role in changing the culture at Arsenal. But so have other things, such as players making greater effort to celebrate birthdays with cake or presents and staying behind on set days to have lunch as an entire squad.
They are all small changes but they have helped eradicate any cliques in the squad, which can understandably form at clubs simply because players gravitate towards those of the same nationality.
The make-up of the Arsenal squad and recruitment has helped the culture, too, with the arrival of Martin Ødegaard viewed as particularly key. The Norwegian arrived from a huge club in Real Madrid, but his work ethic is among the best in the squad both on and off the pitch.

Players were allowed to bring their families on the recent trip to Dubai during the Premier League winter break. It has been difficult during Covid times, but there is a sense that Arteta has created a family feel in the squad.

Part of the drive behind that saw Arteta move his office at the start of the season away from the main reception at London Colney and into the heart of where the coaches and analysts are set up. The windows allow him to look out onto the training pitches and he is now closer to the players and staff.

<p>Mikel Arteta has eradicated cliques at Arsenal and cultivated a family feel... with great success</p>

Mikel Arteta has eradicated cliques at Arsenal and cultivated a family feel... with great success
/ Arsenal FC via Getty Images

Outside his office is a large table, which he had put in so meetings could take place with a more communal feel.
There have been further refurbishments at London Colney, with motivational slogans being added to some of the previously white walls. One of them, before the players go onto the training pitches, reads “Train to win”. The training is certainly paying off at the moment.

Arsenal are in a good position in the race to qualify for the Champions League after eight wins from their last 10 League matches and the bond between players and staff is growing.
A few eyebrows were raised in 2020 when Arteta hired coaches Carlos Cuesta and Miguel Molina, both under 30, but they are well-liked by players. They have brought an energy to the group and were hired to tie in with the young and hungry environment Arteta is trying to create.

Discipline is, and will always be, key to the new culture at Arsenal and is still viewed as the foundation on which Arteta has been able to build squad unity. Indeed, when he was appointed, Arteta spoke about the need for that, saying: “If you don’t have the right culture, in the difficult moments, the tree is going to shake.”
Now, at last, it feels as though Arsenal have some roots in place to withstand whatever storm comes their way.

Oh and these

1653393004069.png

1653393012922.png

1653393023052.png
(He's also making the ball a ****ing egg with his ass, does he actually not know anything?
1653393032119.png

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Auba was not filling in at LB.
I saw this before claimed by someone just because Auba chased back once in a game.

Look, we scored 43 goals in the league in 23 games after he was dropped and we scored 18 in 15 games before he was dropped.

The other players, including Nketiah by the way, didn’t have a major problem scoring goals under this apparently awful system in attack.

Once in a game? Wrong!

I’ve seen it in numerous games and I’m certain I wasn’t the only one who saw that. It’s obviously something that Arteta wants from his players, you only have to look at Martinelli who has been doing that quite a lot this season and when he didn’t do so, he was shouted at by the AirPod lad that Arteta brought with him.

I’ve eluded to this during the season regarding our set up as it was an issue within our team to create chances due to the over reliance on Xhaka + Partey and that still hasn’t changed imo. We fail to dominate games which leaves our creative player in Ødegaard isolated and ghosting through certain games. It may have got slightly better after Auba departed but personally, I don’t think him leaving has really made that much of a difference like you’re suggesting. The same Nketiah who you’re gassing up has scored 5 goals in the PL and people are trying to overstate his influence in our set up.

D

Deleted member 102404

Once in a game? Wrong!

I’ve seen it in numerous games and I’m certain I wasn’t the only one who saw that. It’s obviously something that Arteta wants from his players, you only have to look at Martinelli who has been doing that quite a lot this season and when he didn’t do so, he was shouted at by the AirPod lad that Arteta brought with him.

I’ve eluded to this during the season regarding our set up as it was an issue within our team to create chances due to the over reliance on Xhaka + Partey and that still hasn’t changed imo. It may have got slightly better after Auba departed but personally, I don’t think him leaving has really made that much of a difference like you’re suggesting. The same Nketiah who you’re gassing up has scored 5 goals in the PL and people are trying to overstate his influence in our set up.
Auba has never played LB. Ever.

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom