• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Saying Arteta is an Everton legend, is like saying Cazorla is an Arsenal legend.

Both great players for their clubs, no doubt...but the league titles just ain't there for both, considering the history of both teams.

"Cult Hero", would be more fitting.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Saying Arteta is an Everton legend, is like saying Cazorla is an Arsenal legend.

Both great players for their clubs, no doubt...but the league titles just ain't there for both, considering the history of both teams.

"Cult Hero", would be more fitting.

:lol:

You know the amount of times I’ve heard people say Cazorla is an Arsenal legend. It’s mainly from fans that didn’t get to experience true legends at the club tbh.

Cult hero? No. I’d rather his whole career gets drafted over to Everton and we completely wipe out that he ever played for the club.

GoonerJay24

You didn’t answer my question because my question was not debatable, but facts that both guys got hired in positions they never held before

The reason Arteta was hired is very simple. He worked under the greatest manager in today. That gave him credibility. He has played for the club and once he got the interview. He probably was very impressive as he is very articulate. Our board is mainly business people and Arteta speaks a language that impressed them. He says a lot without saying much.

You talk about why put yourself in situation you lose competitiveness and money. We already done that under Arteta as we failed to get top 4 once again and the reward was new contract

Now let’s see if you can answer these questions. Why give Arteta new deal after game 34 in the league when you fighting for CL football? Has Arteta earned new deal taking over a team that finished 5th and take them to 8th 2 seasons and then back to 5th?

Arteta got the job for being Arsenal captain and tactical leader on field for us. Everyone remembers how Wemger use to big him up for how he led the other players back then, so I guess this filtered down to the owners.

People saying his hiring is because he coached at Man City are ignorant

scytheavatar

Established Member
Tell me why Arsenal hired them all in the first place? Why put yourself as an institution under such pressure, in such a competitive environment, with massive risk of losing key financial streams like European football?

To top it off you go and back this very same team (manager and execs), with big money after Arsenal blow their chance for CL by failing in the Europa League semi, in a Covid pandemic.

Is it because the club are run by a bunch of mentally challenged people? Perhaps the club have been infiltrated by mercenaries, brought in to collapse everything and take the club out of exitence?

Or could there be some method to all this madness?

I let you decide.

He was hired for the exact same reason Emery was hired: because he gave the most impressive presentation to our executives during his interview. Ornstein has made it clear that's the case. Meanwhile someone like Allegri who could have actually gotten us some results asked our executives why he should want to be our manager. I bet you the likes of Conte would have asked the same question. And that is why our board would have never hired them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta got the job for being Arsenal captain and tactical leader on field for us. Everyone remembers how Wemger use to big him up for how he led the other players back then, so I guess this filtered down to the owners.

People saying his hiring is because he coached at Man City are ignorant
So Arsenal who were falling behind the other clubs sacked their managers and when discussing new manager came to the conclusion when wenger was manager he had Arteta as captain and he was tactical leader when playing in the field. Give him the job? You do know this sounds way worse than my theory of being assistant for the best manager in the world and hoping he picked knowledge from would be the reason?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He was hired for the exact same reason Emery was hired: because he gave the most impressive presentation to our executives during his interview. Ornstein has made it clear that's the case. Meanwhile someone like Allegri who could have actually gotten us some results asked our executives why he should want to be our manager. I bet you the likes of Conte would have asked the same question. And that is why our board would have never hired them.

Yeah I hear you. I think conservative Arsenal with a demanding manager like Conte, Allegri, Enrique, would have given our board more grey hairs.

Also remember both Emery and Arteta were hired as head coaches initially, perhaps a further clue that they wanted someone passive or that they could control.

Riou

:lol:

You know the amount of times I’ve heard people say Cazorla is an Arsenal legend. It’s mainly from fans that didn’t get to experience true legends at the club tbh.

Cult hero? No. I’d rather his whole career gets drafted over to Everton and we completely wipe out that he ever played for the club.

I meant, Caz would be a cult hero for Arsenal and Mikel being a cult hero for Everton.

Think there needs to be a middle ground between "club legend" and "ex player", otherwise it gets kinda unfair to certain players.

Take Santi, for example...

A very fine player for us, but can't be sitting at the same table with the likes of Thierry...but if you put him at the same table as Francis Jeffers either, that's also unjust to Caz' time here.

...so "cult hero" is a nice middle bridge for certain players, especially the Emirates era ones.

Jack badmon

We have absolutely no chance of top 4 next year so I suggest you better manage your expectations because it will be less painful. Best we can hope for is EL semi finals and to finish in the Top 8.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arsenal interviewing Conte.
Tell us about a moment you had to deal with an angry player and how did you handle it?

I would tell him to shut up

Tell us what you would tell fans who are unhappy with the resul?

We need better players to get better results

Man would never get the job

GoonerJay24

So Arsenal who were falling behind the other clubs sacked their managers and when discussing new manager came to the conclusion when wenger was manager he had Arteta as captain and he was tactical leader when playing in the field. Give him the job? You do know this sounds way worse than my theory of being assistant for the best manager in the world and hoping he picked knowledge from would be the reason?

This is common in sports. An ex-player, captain who was held in high regard and widely respected often becomes manager at said club. Only have to look at the history of football to see this is common.

I'm not saying it was the correct decision or him working under Pep wasn't a factor in his hiring. But essentially it's due to the big influence he held as a player. I sense most Arsenal fans underestimate just how infectious Mikel was as a player here.

Riou

Still a little shocked Sp**s were able to get Conte, tbh...fair play to Levy (another example, of why Sp**s fans are complete ****** to hate him)

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Yeah if it comes down to the work done by the club vs your desktop analysis, I’m taking my chances with that “wise and stable leadership”
Nah don’t agree with this in the slightest. So most of the forums opinion is void to you, just because it goes against what the club is doing?

D

Deleted member 102404

I should trust you more than the technical director?
Honestly don’t care who you trust.
I am going by what we saw.
Signing Willian and resigning Luiz is not indicative of a club looking to build a young squad.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Nah don’t agree with this in the slightest. So most of the forums opinion is void to you, just because it goes against what the club is doing?

Im always happy to listen to criticism of the way the club is run, so long as conclusions drawn are based on facts, and not feelings, emotions and personal vendettas/wanting to be proven right.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is common in sports. An ex-player, captain who was held in high regard and widely respected often becomes manager at said club. Only have to look at the history of football to see this is common.

I'm not saying it was the correct decision or him working under Pep wasn't a factor in his hiring. But essentially it's due to the big influence he held as a player. I sense most Arsenal fans underestimate just how infectious Mikel was as a player here.
Arteta was not well liked or respected player within the squad when he was captain. This also makes zero sense when Vieira was 10 times the player, captain and far more experienced. Why not him?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Im always happy to listen to criticism of the way the club is run, so long as conclusions drawn are based on facts, and not feelings, emotions and personal vendettas/wanting to be proven right.
Loan out Auba and pay him 7 million and not replace him?

Loan out Saliba and keep Mari over him

The Auba situation alone has cost us CL spot and whoever made that decision need sacking

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Im always happy to listen to criticism of the way the club is run, so long as conclusions drawn are based on facts, and not feelings and emotions.
People have been using facts though? Results and performances don’t lie.We’re run by a rookie and the board are f*cking clueless. Even Stevie Wonder can see that.

We’ve regressed in every sense since Arteta first joined 3 years ago. Not sure why you have so much faith in the board either?

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom