• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is better from you but it’s still based on speculation, and what if scenarios. But at least you are now talking about facts and not conspiracy nonsense.

Still not good enough I’m afraid because you still don’t have a clue what’s actually going on behind the scenes at AFC right now. Speaking about events that happened years ago.

What’s good though is that you are also concluding based on actual evidence like squad composition, recent performances, etc. This is where the debate can be had because you can’t lie or guess about those.

It’s looks silly to post on an Internet forum, chest out making big noises about how clueless and inexperienced Vinai, Edu and Arteta are. And to top it off, offer your own expertise as solutions.

It’s Trump like… “I know more than the generals” type bullshit. Rather voice your displeasure at Arteta and be done with it.
Tell us which manager Arteta had more experienced when he took over? Tell us which club football director Edu had more experienced when he took over? It’s not opinion, but both had their first job in the role at Arsenal

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Tell us which manager Arteta had more experienced when he took over? Tell us which club football director Edu had more experienced when he took over? It’s not opinion, but both had their first job in the role at Arsenal

Tell me why Arsenal hired them all in the first place? Why put yourself as an institution under such pressure, in such a competitive environment, with massive risk of losing key financial streams like European football?

To top it off you go and back this very same team (manager and execs), with big money after Arsenal blow their chance for CL by failing in the Europa League semi, in a Covid pandemic.

Is it because the club are run by a bunch of mentally challenged people? Perhaps the club have been infiltrated by mercenaries, brought in to collapse everything and take the club out of exitence?

Or could there be some method to all this madness?

I let you decide.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tell me why Arsenal hired them all in the first place? Why put yourself as an institution under such pressure, in such a competitive environment, with massive risk of losing key financial streams like European football?

Is it because the club are run by a bunch of mentally challenged people? Perhaps the club have been infiltrated by mercenaries, brought in to collapse everything and take the club out of exitence?
You didn’t answer my question because my question was not debatable, but facts that both guys got hired in positions they never held before

The reason Arteta was hired is very simple. He worked under the greatest manager in today. That gave him credibility. He has played for the club and once he got the interview. He probably was very impressive as he is very articulate. Our board is mainly business people and Arteta speaks a language that impressed them. He says a lot without saying much.

You talk about why put yourself in situation you lose competitiveness and money. We already done that under Arteta as we failed to get top 4 once again and the reward was new contract

Now let’s see if you can answer these questions. Why give Arteta new deal after game 34 in the league when you fighting for CL football? Has Arteta earned new deal taking over a team that finished 5th and take them to 8th 2 seasons and then back to 5th?

GoonerBoy19

Isn't that what people said this season?

We should have fired him before the winter window, he was fortunate to survive that. Even Eddie howe did a better job than him with an inferior squad. He doesn't have the experience to manage a top team, both team and manager lacked experience which cost us the top-4 spot this season. The only area he gained some respect was that he recruited well during last summer's window, another window like that could make us competitive but I am still not sure about his management skills.

SA Gunner

You didn’t answer my question because my question was not debatable, but facts that both guys got hired in positions they never held before

The reason Arteta was hired is very simple. He worked under the greatest manager in today. That gave him credibility. He has played for the club and once he got the interview. He probably was very impressive as he is very articulate. Our board is mainly business people and Arteta speaks a language that impressed them. He says a lot without saying much.

You talk about why put yourself in situation you lose competitiveness and money. We already done that under Arteta as we failed to get top 4 once again and the reward was new contract

Now let’s see if you can answer these questions. Why give Arteta new deal after game 34 in the league when you fighting for CL football? Has Arteta earned new deal taking over a team that finished 5th and take them to 8th 2 seasons and then back to 5th?

The answer to the 34 league games new contract question is clear… because CL qualification was not a make or break metric for the work being done at the club. They are clearly looking beyond, at plans and metrics you probably haven’t even thought of yet.

You speak about Arteta being in the job because he is articulate and worked under the greatest manager. Fair enough I’ll accept that because it happens in business, people lie interviews and BS their way in. I’ll go onto to ask you how he managed to stay in the position, after all that has happened, like falling completely out of Europe for example? More sweet talking I guess? Perhaps these people are just dumb. Or these people are working towards something.

I don’t know what more to say to you really. I think I’m just repeating my core argument now. So instead of clogging up this place with the same thing in response to you, I leave it here.

SA Gunner

@Rasmi @Baki here’s the type of discussions I think we could be having. Instead of rookie this, nepotism that, Rams this, political power play that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The answer to the 34 league games new contract question is clear… because CL qualification was not a make or break metric for the work being done at the club. They are clearly looking beyond, at plans and metrics you probably haven’t even thought of yet.

You speak about Arteta being in the job because he is articulate and worked under the greatest manager. Fair enough I’ll accept that because it happens in business, people lie interviews and BS their way in. I’ll go onto to ask you how he managed to stay in the position, after all that has happened, like falling completely out of Europe for example? More sweet talking I guess? Perhaps these people are just dumb. Or these people are working towards something.

I don’t know what more to say to you really. I think I’m just repeating my core argument now. So instead of clogging up this place with the same thing in response to you, I leave it here.
It’s a football club? What metric is there to use outside of results? Btw go and check Edus interview with sky sport in august where he gets pushed severs times what is your goal for the season and he refused to answer. Arteta was asked as well what the goal was and he refused to answer.

Why has he stayed and CL not got fired? When you change what’s acceptable at any big club, then you find a reason not to sack him. Arteta has had 2 runs which would have led to the sacking of any big club. The run that led to Tottenham sacking Nuno months into the job. If you want I can show you the run and I challenge you to show any manager at big club that has survived such long runs with no wins. So him not get sacked is beyond abnormal in this industry

Jack badmon

If the future rangers manager/Everton legend wasn’t handsome he wouldn’t be given anywhere near the amount of chances he has. He seems to have charmed the board and the Tetasexuals into thinking he’s the greatest ever only because he looks the part.

Imagine the exact same project, signings and football and him being fat and bald. No way would he still have a job now! Being good looking gives you so much more opportunity in this world. Such a shame.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If the future rangers manager/Everton legend wasn’t handsome he wouldn’t be given anywhere near the amount of chances he has. He seems to have charmed the board and the Tetasexuals into thinking he’s the greatest ever only because he looks the part.

Imagine the exact same project, signings and football and him being fat and bald. No way would he still have a job now! Being good looking gives you so much more opportunity in this world. Such a shame.
Young, handsome and articulate absolutely got him the job and kept him in. If he looked like a serial killer he would be gone by now. Also why I think Ten Hag at United will have the media against him soon

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
This is great.

So then put forward your hard figures as to why Arsenal are clueless and being led by the nose by this rookie.

Don’t tell me this is the Rams, nepotism is rife and there are political wars happening at the club right now, because you’re talking nonsense. You simply have no clue what’s going on in there right now. I can tell you that for free.

The topic of the club's incompetence only came up as you used it as a defence for Arteta's atrocious on the pitch performance. I would be more than happy to bench the conversation about the club's competence if their judgment wasn't used to argue in favour of Arteta.

To top it off you go and back this very same team (manager and execs), with big money after Arsenal blow their chance for CL by failing in the Europa League semi, in a Covid pandemic.

Or could there be some method to all this madness?

I let you decide.

This is exactly the kind of rhetoric that made me bring up the club. You assume competence from the club and use that as a base for defending Arteta. You essentillay say "Arteta performance hasn't been great but I'm still hopeful because there must be some SPECIAL reason the club is backing him".

Now that I've said my piece, I am happy to keep this Arteta debate strictly in the realm of his achievements, money spent and how his performance has compared to other managers.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Exactly. You have an owner who is not football person who relies on others. It’s never good sign if the owner of a business doesn’t fully understand his business

They have hired Edu to run football business. We know he never worked in this position in Europe. He is the least experienced person in his position in the PL.

Then they hired Arteta who never managed a club. We already know he is the least experienced person in his position in PL. within months his power at the club rise from coach to a manager and now he has full say in who comes and goes. There was clear lack competent people working at the club which lead to Artetas rise. As they say in the land of the blind, one eyed man is the king

The scary thing is the club feel Arteta is so important for them because he probably is doing a lot behind the scenes we don’t see. But that’s because the structure is so bad and there so little talent above the board they became dependent on this rookie manager

Club is being run by absolute jokers. I wonder how long KSE will financially back the club.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Club is being run by absolute jokers. I wonder how long KSE will financially back the club.
There is enough money from the PL and season ticket holders. All they will do is spend less and aim for less. With fans like @SA Gunner they will always fall for. I tell you what even if we don’t make top for next 2 years they will argue he still done well and how we can’t compete with even Sp**s

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
There is enough money from the PL and season ticket holders. All they will do is spend less and aim for less. With fans like @SA Gunner they will always fall for. I tell you what even if we don’t make top for next 2 years they will argue he still done well and how we can’t compete with even Sp**s
Current level of spending is not sustainable without CL money.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think the biggest indicator that Conte is world class is the fact that @SA Gunner told me back a few months ago that Sp**s had 0 chance getting top 4. That their team hadn't shown anything to indicate they could do it. In fact he said we would comfortably get top 4 by 6-7 points.

3 months in its them enjoying organising their new season tickets and the opportunity to watch their team v the Reals/Barcelona of this world.

Conte gets success now. Yes he may not be at your club in 3 or 4 or 5 years but what does that matter if he delivers CL, a cup and attracts possibily some of the better players from Serie A.

All this he isn't the man for 5 years or whatever. There's 0 evidence that Arteta is the man either. Its just a waiting game. Next season top 4 is a MUST or 5th and winning the EL. If he can't do that time for a change.

SA Gunner

I think the biggest indicator that Conte is world class is the fact that @SA Gunner told me back a few months ago that Sp**s had 0 chance getting top 4. That their team hadn't shown anything to indicate they could do it. In fact he said we would comfortably get top 4 by 6-7 points.

3 months in its them enjoying organising their new season tickets and the opportunity to watch their team v the Reals/Barcelona of this world.

Conte gets success now. Yes he may not be at your club in 3 or 4 or 5 years but what does that matter if he delivers CL, a cup and attracts possibily some of the better players from Serie A.

All this he isn't the man for 5 years or whatever. There's 0 evidence that Arteta is the man either. Its just a waiting game. Next season top 4 is a MUST or 5th and winning the EL. If he can't do that time for a change.

Did I say that :lol:

Anyway, me not saying Conte is class was an emotional response. I was probably butt hurt that Sp**s got him.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel

I would Conte here in a heartbeat. A league title would revitalise this club.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom