• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Not necessarily, pressure’s the extra factor. There’s a difference between being able to produce a level consistently when the pressure’s off and having the experience to continue to produce when we’re in big games, cup finals, games crucial to title races or 4th spot or whatever.
Not following, does this mean the pressure now is higher or lower than it used to be? Because Wenger's teams were famously criticised for being mentally brittle while the current batch - squad & manager - has bottled last season's CL run-in too.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I think you can be optimistic and say Arteta has done a good job and it’s realistic that he can get us to CL. At the same time there’s no sign yet of a real X factor, I.e a sign that this team will soon compete for the PL or CL trophy. Maybe that will happen when key players mature but that’s years in the future.

Depends what your expectations are. If the goal is to get back into CL and play there semi-regularly then I think Arteta can do that. If the goal is to reach the level of City and Liverpool in the last few years then I don’t see us being that any time soon.

I think we're a lot closer to this than you do. Saka, Martinelli, Jesus average age is 22, they have a lot of maturing to do and history tells you the style of player these three are they will take their excellent average performance level and start to increase end product as they mature. Even a 10% increase in end product year on year from these 21 year olds (!) on the wings gives you a huge increase in points over a season. Our defence has excellent quality and strength in depth now, a young world class or close CB in Saliba and an extremely competent unit both collectively and individually.

Only question marks really are over GK (who himself is incredibly young and shown signs of being world class or close) and the double pivot in midfield (and even then mainly over injury proneness concerns WRT Partey and some Xhaka haters thinking its still 2019)

If Arteta brings in 1-2 top players in midfield over the next year and then just keeps on bringing in 1-2 top players every summer then we're gonna have a seriously good team and squad in no time at all.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Watch me!

Angry Tom And Jerry GIF by Boomerang Official

No but seriously they're decent but imo not as good as us and miles off City, if they weren't title contenders last season I struggle to see why they are this season. I certainly wouldn't give them a higher chance than us, and I have us at around 10%. Have to give 5% to Chelsea and Pool and most of the rest to City.

You’re just drinking haterade.

If they were Newcastle instead of Sp**s you’d be giving their efficient, clinical football a rusty trombone.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
You’re just drinking haterade.

If they were Newcastle instead of Sp**s you’d be giving their efficient, clinical football a rusty trombone.

All I can say is thank goodness for Urban Dictionary.

And yeah you might be right tbh but I reserve the right to **** on Sp**s 24/7 365 and there's nothing you can do about it.

Tongue Lucy GIF by MOODMAN

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'd like to give this side a couple of years before I start worrying about where in ranks in our fairly recent history.

I think post Invincibles being fairly brittle was a hallmark of most of our sides. With the style of football we played it was inevitable we'd have those issues. It was beautiful but also fragile.

This squad feels a bit more robust but then again we pretty much bottled 4th last season.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Not following, does this mean the pressure now is higher or lower than it used to be? Because Wenger's teams were famously criticised for being mentally brittle while the current batch - squad & manager - has bottled last season's CL run-in too.
Basically that an inexperienced athletes can produce the required level as a team but lack the experience dealing with all the to-and-froing of an actual league season.

It’s not just about being good at football, it’s about handling your emotions, psychology and stuff too.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Don't you think these are pretty contradictory sentences? We're not good enough to challenge right now but we're better than anything in the last 20 years where we've challenged several times (even won it once but I'll assume on your behalf you don't actually believe this team is better than the 04 team)?

Its because City are just so much better, they are literally head and shoulders clear of the rest of the pack, including ourselves.

I know Wenger have put us in a title challenge, but I dont think so.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

You're laughing?

Watch and see. Only the Invincibles look more convincing than this team at the moment.

Classic text book Arsenal-Mania unprompted triple down ladies and gentleman :applause:

OG member, but newbie mod and crowd favourite SA betting it big with all the chips on his table it's truly a sight to behold

SA Gunner

Classic text book Arsenal-Mania unprompted triple down ladies and gentleman :applause:

OG member, but newbie mod and crowd favourite SA betting it big with all the chips on his table it's truly a sight to behold

Ill be here to defend this position, and if Im wrong, Ill take the L live.

But Im convinced, I've seen enough balance in this setup, to dismiss the entire Fabregas youth project already. Worst part is... these are still mostly kids.

What we as a club need to desperately learn now, is keeping this group together and giving it proper depth. Of course, sprinkle in some ready made top players too.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Ill be here to defend this position, and if Im wrong, Ill take the L live.

But Im convinced, I've seen enough balance in this setup, to dismiss the entire Fabregas youth project already. Worst part is... these are still mostly kids.

What we as a club need to desperate learn now, is keeping this group together and giving it proper depth. Of course, sprinkle in some ready made top players too.

You know what, I am envious of your belief in the project. I clearly don't feel that way but I'd rather be wrong than right.

SA Gunner

Not even 07/08?

That was my best side after 04-05, which ended the first half of Wenger's tenure. Absolutely magnificent team in attack, what a joy they were to watch.

To answer you, yes.. the potential of this team is bigger than 07/08 IMO, even if we'd kept Hleb, Flamini, Diarra, Eduardo fit, etc.

Now we gonna get pumped in the NLD, just watch :lol:

SA Gunner

Watch me!

Angry Tom And Jerry GIF by Boomerang Official

No but seriously they're decent but imo not as good as us and miles off City, if they weren't title contenders last season I struggle to see why they are this season. I certainly wouldn't give them a higher chance than us, and I have us at around 10%. Have to give 5% to Chelsea and Pool and most of the rest to City.

They have that street smarts that would get them far IMO. Its like the Mourinho teams of 04-06, they werent better than us pound for pound, but they had the system and clinical finishing to put them up there with us, and it showed in the end.

Its not nice to admit, I know. But Tottenham are a force this season, simply by the way they are setup to play, and exploit teams. That's why they can go to the Etihad and win like they've done recently.

And this season, they've added more guile to their play, being able to outmuscle the tighter teams like Wolves and pull something out of literally nothing against Chelsea. That's danger.

It wont last though, they are pretty much setup to deliver now, whereas we are more rounded for the longer term. But right now.. they are up there.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
You're laughing?

Watch and see. Only Wenger's teams up to the Invincibles and the 2004-05 teams look and were more convincing than this team at the moment.

So you're picking us to get more than the 83 points in 07/08? That would be an exceptional season. I hope you're right.

• Pray
Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom