• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Think he's just throwing players he likes a bone tbh. He's technically done nothing wrong to lose his place other than been injured.

A less cynical answer is keeping bench players fresh and involved something I've criticised him very heavily for in the past. Still needs to work on that upfront maybe.
88th mins constantly is weird. Unless it’s to keep the player sweet and get him appearance bonus. Cause resting white two mins make no difference

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I posted the facts, you’re posting agenda stuff. Arteta had full use of the 19/20 buys. Pepe helped him win the FA Cup that you’re keen to quote, and Saliba and Tierney are very much part of his current set up. Arsenal are the second highest investors in players since 19/20, plain facts. We should celebrate that.
Oh ok so I guess we can add xhaka, elneny fee as well because Mikel is still using them?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's not agenda stuff, it's Arteta's spend on his team that needs to be clear rather than include earlier spend. It's the same for any manager, it's not an agenda. Earlier spend helps of course and should be thought about, but facts are facts. Just like earlier huge spend helped Tuchel, but those weren't his buys either.

Can you explain the other question I put forth, about how you say Kroenke's spend is why we could attract City's players now? It doesn't make much sense to me. Sounds like an agenda where you can't give any credit to Arteta himself.
Arteta only came a few weeks after those players arrived and he’s made full use of them. Edu was also involved in those transfers.

All the years we lost players players to City, United and Barcelona, and now for the first time, our investment in player transfers is the second highest in Europe and we’ve bought two very good City players. It’s definitely a combination of connections and high spend.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Arteta only came a few weeks after those players arrived and he’s made full use of them. Edu was also involved in those transfers.

All the years we lost players players to City, United and Barcelona, and now for the first time, our investment in player transfers is the second highest in Europe and we’ve bought two very good City players. It’s definitely a combination of connections and high spend.
That's a lie. Arteta came in 20th December 2019, while the players were bought in early August 2019. 17-18 weeks is not "a few weeks", it's more like half the season. Many of the players have been injury-prone with certain bad luck, like Tierney from the summer 19/20, and Saliba needed loans, so it's not "full use". While Pepe was a flop overall.

What is your reason to start at 19/20 summer when Arteta wasn't the head coach? Didn't he inherit earlier players too? Why not start for example after Wenger left? Or some other time frame?

What you also omit in your facts, is how we could not produce much revenue from sales, and this reflects the squad etc. he inherited from Wenger and Emery. It has made it tougher to get a team that can play the way he wants, with the bloated wage bill for an UEL team, with too many deadwood players.

Your point took only into account how much Kroenke's have spent.
The City buys are clearly more related to Arteta & Edu doing good work, than Kroenke spend, rather than the other way around. Your first post "surprisingly" only mentioned Kroenke spend as the reason.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Strange comment, I wasn't screaming or rude was I? I didn't even sound upset so I'm not sure why you think I "overreacted".

And your post is much more confrontational that mine???? Anyway that's AM for you.

Cos you told me I was saying something I wasnt and then went on and on about some sh!t I never said, thats called an over reaction.

If you read it as confrontational then a forum is not for you, again making more of it than what it is, its just me telling you what I ment.

*****es be like that though.. <---- now thats confrontational (and a joke before you go again)

Slug457

Nah, you really don't:

w6p1BP4.png

They only use numbers they can somewhat reliably source, so City's wage bill is a lot lower than it should be as it doesn't include a number of the new players etc. It also doesn't include Zinchenko for you lot, but that's the only player of note missing from your side.

It'd be more accurate to say you're spending Europa League levels on wages, at least in the PL context. You could literally absorb our entire wage bill and still not be top 4 in terms of wage spending.

Tbf I said top 4ish and we're 5th, above a team that literally was top 4 last. I meant more so we had/have a wage bill that allows us to at least compete for a CL position, as Sp**s demonstrate. Obv, particularly in light of us not playing in CL for multiple years, even missing out on Europe entirely, we are going to have a lower wage structure than teams playing CL every season near on.

Must admit though, was expecting us to be more around the 100M mark, so to see us in the mid 80s is impressive. Purging Auba and Özil really did a trick. Let's not kid ourselves though, one or two or three seasons of CL and we'll quickly be back to the "bloated wage bill" levels, and rightly so. Necessary to compete long term.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Artetas football isnt a carbon copy of Man city. We are much more direct than them. Arteta is more than happy to not play out from the back against teams that press high. Instead he prefers us to kick the ball into the opponents half so that we can then press them in the opponents half (this is also why we punt the ball into the opponents half at kick off). If you look at the pass map for Ramsdale compared to Ederson you will see that Ramsdale kicks it long much more often.

Also our transitions are much faster as we try to get a goal as quickly as possible, similar to Klopps liverpool. When Martinelli and Saka get the ball there job is to be as direct as possible and not to make they keep the ball and open space with passing moves. When we are winning or think we need to be patient we keep the ball similar to Guardiola and our inversion of full backs, and a philosphy to control the game through positional play in a 4 3 3 is similar to Pep.

There are definitely similarities to Pep but saying we are Man City lite isnt correct imo.
Would you say we’re a hybrid of Pep’s City and Klopp’s Liverpool? After doing a bit more reading and watching some YouTube videos, I definitely see the similarities in both systems.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think it's natural you're going to see some similarities in Arteta and Pep's footballing philosophy. Pep wouldn't have picked Arteta as his guy if there wasn't a shared vision there to some degree and I'm sure that Arteta had some input in the way Man City played while he was there, though obviously very much as a junior partner.

I don't see Arsenal as a copycat Man City though. I think there's as many or possibly even more similarities with Liverpool tbh.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’s doing well. I have no idea why any normal fan of the club won’t just put all their pathetic and weird dislikes of the mans character to the side and crack on with it. If you repeated half the disparaging stuff you read in this thread on a tube going to a match, you’d get laughed off at the next stop. They’d seriously think you were nuts. His ‘screaming and wit’… **** me 🤣

He’s doing well. I have no idea why any normal fan of the club won’t just put all their pathetic and weird dislikes of the mans character to the side and crack on with it. If you repeated half the disparaging stuff you read in this thread on a tube going to a match, you’d get laughed off at the next stop. They’d seriously think you were nuts. His ‘screaming and wit’… **** me 🤣

Scoring points with your forum friends more important than enjoying team being on impressive winning record.

Remind you these are the same guys that bummed each other over Emery 50% win 50% draw unbeaten record.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom