• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The guy said this...

"They also do one simple yet important thing... get the ball closer to the opposition goal"

...but still managed to write an essay too :lol:
Wasn't on yesterday evening. Did we throw a welcome back party? Welcome back!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Like Traxy states we go back a long way, to the old country! I am the reason Traxy now has 'Trusted' status. Once I put my weight behind his urgent wish it became true. It was one of the happiest days on A-M! When Traxy got made!

godfather GIF
Cheers my bro! Means so much.

giphy.gif

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

After the "Goodbye from Riou" thread, I can't believe there isn't a "Welcome home Riou" thread.

AM is slipping!
If I'd been on here bro it would have been. Streamers, champagne emojis everwhere. 😍

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

The guy said this...

"They also do one simple yet important thing... get the ball closer to the opposition goal"

...but still managed to write an essay too :lol:

A lot of new/young fans who wouldn’t know the origins I guess.

I’m sure Arteta spent no more than 5 mins on it, prob had them all throw the ball as far as they can and said that’s our guy.

A breakdown of the set piece routines would be sick, those are genuinely impressive. Not quite a penalty for Arsenal but it’s a significant threat which we’ve never had before (specifically offensively).

theHotHead

Have to say, having spent a lot of time wondering why @Makingtrax is the way he is, having just witnessed him getting laid into whilst he was expressing a positive (relatively) opinion on Arteta, I think I get it now. Poor guy can’t catch a break. What’s happened here? Who gives a toss about being proven right on some small detail? Think they call it “narcissism of small differences” or sth like that. This forum is rife with it.
I'm new here, been on various other Arsenal forums, but have to agree that the level of pedantry is off the charts here. Jeepers creepers !!

theHotHead

Blaming Arteta for buying players when we had the squad filled of bums like Laca and Pepe was one thing but blaming him for reducing injuries must be some kind of record.
They were hardly bums. The problem was Arteta was clueless as to how to play attacking football and every attacking player in our squad suffered as a result of it. Fewest shots on goal, worst football I have seen. Laca left and is free-scoring, I'll say it again, the system was the problem. Granted it looks like Arteta has the correct system now but anyone that thinks it was right before needs to stop smoking waccy baccy !

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

We could probably afford him as our marquee signing next summer if we really pushed it ( With CL money)

Even if we get CL football I think he's bound for a title / CL challenging side though.

If we made CL and started setting our sights higher would a signing like Bellingham be one you'd like to see the club making (very expensive but young with plenty of upside)?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If we made CL and started setting our sights higher would a signing like Bellingham be one you'd like to see the club making (very expensive but young with plenty of upside)?

Yeah, sure. From what I've seen of him for England and Dortmund this kid is going to make it at the top, top level barring injuries or personal issues. Pretty much a banker.

He may have only recently turned 19 but he plays like a mid to late 20's player in terms of maturity and composure. So you're not really buying a kid (with the risks that come with it) even if he is in age.

I think virtually every major club will be in for him in the summer. We'll just get crowded out.

Definitely the sort of profile we should be looking at if we can solidify ourselves as a CL side or better in the next couple of years. Unfortunately I don't think there are too many Bellingham's around.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
If we made CL and started setting our sights higher would a signing like Bellingham be one you'd like to see the club
would you like to see it?
I think he’d be perfect if it was feasible.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Yeah, sure. From what I've seen of him for England and Dortmund this kid is going to make it at the top, top level barring injuries or personal issues. Pretty much a banker.

He may have only recently turned 19 but he plays like a mid to late 20's player in terms of maturity and composure. So you're not really buying a kid (with the risks that come with it) even if he is in age.

I think virtually every major club will be in for him in the summer. We'll just get crowded out.

Definitely the sort of profile we should be looking at if we can solidify ourselves as a CL side or better in the next couple of years. Unfortunately I don't think there are too many Bellingham's around.
Do you thinK Arteta and the style of play could be any kind of a draw for these players?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Do you thinK Arteta and the style of play could be any kind of a draw for these players?

I don't see why not.

We play some decent stuff now, if we get CL I think that opens up pretty much all but the absolute elite as transfer options. The draw of London is still a help too.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

How would you describe his profile in midfield? Can he play at TP5 role, and is he capable of deal with such volume of play, and press resistance for 90 minutes with high levels of concentration?

I feel any player we get in as our six, would need some time to settle into the role and what is required from it. Therefore I'm sure the club would be open to players who have the needed characteristics, and build from there.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

They were hardly bums. The problem was Arteta was clueless as to how to play attacking football and every attacking player in our squad suffered as a result of it. Fewest shots on goal, worst football I have seen. Laca left and is free-scoring, I'll say it again, the system was the problem. Granted it looks like Arteta has the correct system now but anyone that thinks it was right before needs to stop smoking waccy baccy !
Well said bro. A number of us on here saw this, because it was as plain as the nose on your face. Arteta ball was poor in transition and even worse in attack. Those U shaped pass maps had Tierney attacking out wide and spamming crosses to nobody in the box. The system was terrible and threw our attackers under a bus.

Things have definitely changed this season. Either Arteta has had a Eureka moment or people like Jesus and Zinchenko have had an influence on his thinking. The midfield and forward lines are pushing up and he's using Martinelli and Saka out wide all the time with the full backs inverting into midfield. This is why he's preferring Zinchenko and White to more standard full backs like Tierney and Tomi.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

would you like to see it?
I think he’d be perfect if it was feasible.

Yep for sure I think when you're trying to push beyond 4th spot there's a couple of approaches in terms of the players you bring in.

If you're going to be dropping lots of dollar then I prefer going for expensive young players that have good ability as well as massive potential, they tend to be expensive but I'd rather that than spending money on a player that's still expensive but is also older. Players like Bellingham, Haaland, Saliba and even less expensive players like Tomi, Gabi (CB) are the best imo because they offer you immediate quality and also upside.

For a direct comparison, I'd rather sign someone like Rodri (who was 23 when City signed him for approx £60M) than a Casemiro, also £60M but 30.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom