• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This not celebrating stuff I consider nonsense. Mikel is a long term planner and probably had us in his sights a long time ago. He played the part during his time away and that could have just been to help his cause.

The question we should be asking ourselves is what happens when Pep retires or moves on. Has Arteta already planned for that stage, and how he fits into the picture?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

This not celebrating stuff I consider nonsense. Mikel is a long term planner and probably had us in his sights a long time ago. He played the part during his time away and that could have just been to help his cause.

The question we should be asking ourselves is what happens when Pep retires or moves on. Has Arteta already planned for that stage, and how he fits into the picture?

I think it's legit tbh, I remember when clips surfaced where Pep and Wenger got into it and Arteta during that exchange was quiet and didn't get involved. We see right infront of our eyes how animated and hopped up Arteta really is.

I think we as a forum mocked it as some beta male reaction or something at the time, but it seems to be out of respect. For all the criticism I sent his way I never doubted intentions for the club tbh.

He's an ambitious man I am sure he has planned for City and Barcelona, nothing wrong with that especially if he's progressed the club by the time he leaves. He probably has more than 1 reign at the club as he's so young.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
I think it's legit tbh, I remember when clips surfaced where Pep and Wenger got into it and Arteta during that exchange was quiet and didn't get involved. We see right infront of our eyes how animated and hopped up Arteta really is.

I think we as a forum mocked it as some beta male reaction or something at the time, but it seems to be out of respect. For all the criticism I sent his way I never doubted intentions for the club tbh.

He's an ambitious man I am sure he has planned for City and Barcelona, nothing wrong with that especially if he's progressed the club by the time he leaves. He probably has more than 1 reign at the club as he's so young.

Pep and Wenger got into it ? Was that the league cup final defeat.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Pep and Wenger got into it ? Was that the league cup final defeat.

I can't even remember it mate,. Many clips like this trying to portray Arteta in a negative light were popping up when he was doing bad, this was one of them.

Wasn't even bad but obviously you know how internet is.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Each time we scored a goal during Mikel's first couple seasons.

BB634131-D5-B4-4934-B0-C1-616-F02-FC3408.gif
Only first couple of seasons?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I can't see him going to City from Arsenal. He has built a title challenging young team, why the hell he would go to a club he hasn't played for as a captain, and has much worse reputation and history than Arsenal? Makes no sense.

I can see him going to Barcelona or PSG in the years to come, but I expect that taking quite a long while. He has a perfect thing going at Arsenal, one of the top clubs in the world. He can try to make EPL history, the best league in the world. He has tens of years in his management career left. He is 40 years old.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't really get the not celebrating against your former club as a sign of respect thing anyway.

If you or your side score you're going to be happy whether you show it or not. As long as you're not celebrating in a sticking your tongue out, disrespectful way, I don't see the harm.

You're drawing more attention to yourself by not celebrating anyway, so it's a bit on an ego thing I feel.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I can't see him going to City from Arsenal. He has built a title challenging young team, why the hell he would go to a club he hasn't played for as a captain, and has much worse reputation and history than Arsenal? Makes no sense.

I can see him going to Barcelona or PSG in the years to come, but I expect that taking quite a long while. He has a perfect thing going at Arsenal, one of the top clubs in the world. He can try to make EPL history, the best league in the world. He has tens of years in his management career left. He is 40 years old.

Pep is also only 52, he's 20 years off retirement himself.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I did a search for my posts containing "Arteta". Honestly impressed by my takes back in the day. I was worried since he hadn't managed us but never against him when he actually came here.

God tier stuff
Same, wanted him instead of Emery.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bet Pep the freak felt betrayed in some way, when Arteta didn't celebrate with him when they scored v us.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

I don't really get the not celebrating against your former club as a sign of respect thing anyway.

If you or your side score you're going to be happy whether you show it or not. As long as you're not celebrating in a sticking your tongue out, disrespectful way, I don't see the harm.

You're drawing more attention to yourself by not celebrating anyway, so it's a bit on an ego thing I feel.

When players score against their former team and they don’t celebrity, you don’t think that it’s meant as a sign of respect, but rather an ego thing?

Im not sure I’ve ever heard that view before, I’m curious.

Not celebrating doesn’t mean you aren’t happy to score/win, but that you don’t want to gloat when you have a positive history with your opposition. I always thought that was kind of a straightforward gesture.

Last edited:

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Good stuff, though. Anyone else felt that, despite both teams having good intensity for spells, they we're holding off a little bit?

Felt like we were getting the measure of each other and that this wasn't really the match to go full fire in your belly type of energy.
Yep, actually right from start didn't feel Saka, xhaka weren't 100% bothered. They weren't interested in most 50-50s.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Actually made use of his subs today. Who are you and what have you done to Mikel Arteta?

I was surprised he went with Tomiyasu for White so early in the United game, didn't feel like something he'd usually do but was desperately needed. Supposed he's helped by having better options. In the past Cedric might've been the only alternative.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom