• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Love how Arteta is creating a positive culture around the club where older players / stars stay on and do their badges and want to go into coaching in some form and / or stay involved with the club. A bit like how Bayern is built, by players who know the league and what it takes to be a top club!

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I don't know if it's considered poor form on this forum to post the same thing on two different threads but I think this is absolutely wild

VancouverCanuck

What do you mean with "in a few years"? Arteta just turned 41 years old, he has it perfect at Arsenal, a club he clearly loves a lot, and he has built the youngest team in the league that has just started challenging for titles ahead of schedule.

It's also the toughest league in the world with the most money and audience. He also doesn't seem to mind English weather as he played so many years in EPL.

He could easily stay for 10 years, then being 51 years old, and go to Barcelona for 10 more years, and maybe then retire early or even keep for 10 more years, whatever he feels like.

I just don't see him leaving for at least 5 years, and even more than that.
ok how about in a few years, after we have won the league and the Champion league a couple of times?

Can't blame anyone if they want to seek out a new challenge.

Not that I want to him to go at this point...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Seems like his confident in Wenger being part of Arsenal again. Maybe I’m reading it wrong.

Like others have said, Wenger has done well to stay away and not have his shadow/influence linger around like Ferguson at Utd. Has allowed someone like Mick to totally rejuvenate the club as he wishes without any pressure from anyone.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

While I agree he would be mad to leave Arsenal in the next year or two, I could see him leaving in a few years...IF he manages to win it all here.

Can't blame him if he wants to seek for new challenges if he manages to accomplish all he could here. Especially if Barca or Real come calling.
Can we just enjoy the moment fgs, without now worrying about when Arteta is going to leave?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seems like his confident in Wenger being part of Arsenal again. Maybe I’m reading it wrong.

Like others have said, Wenger has done well to stay away and not have his shadow/influence linger around like Ferguson at Utd. Has allowed someone like Mick to totally rejuvenate the club as he wishes without any pressure from anyone.
I don't think we should underestimate the sadness and bitterness after the club in reality sacked him. He gave his entire career to this club. No doubt it hurts when the club says 'we think it is time for someone else'.

The foundations that give Arteta and future managers a chance were really put in place by Wenger. We suffered during those years with no money. Wenger could have packed off for greener pastures.

I hope we're at the stage when he can show up at a FA Youth Cup Final (hopefully we'll make it) and see Jack Wilshere coaching our next set of youngsters in a big moment. I think that would give everyone at the club a lift, and I hope he'd enjoy it.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Think he bottled it a bit today.

We survived their run full of power in the beginning of the second half. Then we managed the game quiet well, not many offensive actions, but the Hoffenheim hadn't many chances anymore.

After the change to the back 5 with Kiwior everything collapsed again. They had a sitter nearly 30 seconds after it and brought them completely back to the game.

Should have subbed off Zinny for Tierney if he wants the more defensive option. I will never like these negative subs.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tactically he is limited and once again he can never change the flow of a game. Also his use of Tierney is pathetic when he has fully solid and experienced lb. Use your squad better dummy

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Can't lie. I feel so livid with him in this moment due to that kiwior sub. Played to our weaknesses for far too long, and the guy hasn't kicked a football in this league. Come on man.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom