• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

goonergaz

We didn’t have any players on the bench to counter what Lampard did. He would’ve started with Xhaka and brought on Ceballos had either of them been fit and we’d have had more control in the midfield. The only midfielder he had to bring on was Willock and he’s not going to help us have more control in midfield.

This was the issue, lack of options...which hopefully we will try to resolve this window because we should have won that game.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
and if you haven’t seen any improvements in the week or so Mikel has been here, then you are just looking to troll at this stage.

source.gif

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We didn’t have any players on the bench to counter what Lampard did. He would’ve started with Xhaka and brought on Ceballos had either of them been fit and we’d have had more control in the midfield. The only midfielder he had to bring on was Willock and he’s not going to help us have more control in midfield.

I agree, players like Martinelli & Cebellos would have caused Chelsea problems. We're also missing our 1st choice full backs so Arteta has many injury problems to over come, with that in mind he's done a good job in 2 games. I like Willock, he may not help with control of midfield but he gets into goal scoring positions. If he was calmer yesterday he would have hit the target and scored but he snatched at it.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
If sitting deep and letting the opposition have the ball and pin us down for 70 minutes at home is part of Arteta's tactical plans, then I'm very concerned.
He said that we were sitting too deep for his liking in the post match interview so I don’t think it was planned.
He should’ve been more proactive and brought on Pepe for Laca to give us a threat on the counter if he couldn’t get us out of the deep block in that case though.

Vanpayslip

It was 2 mistakes though that led to the goals. Both those players have a history of making mistakes. Can’t really blame Arteta for that. I don’t think any manager in the world could have stopped what happened yesterday from happening. The senior management need to consider the reality of the squad they have assembled and decide if they want to be realistic with their expectations.

Pepes blue pill

Excited by what I have seen in his first two games, promising that you can already see a team with a style play after only a couple games and at times they did it so well, there is a reason chelsea players kept on being late to the ball

As far as im concerned this is a free hit for him now, we aint getting relegated and we aint getting top four either, happy for him to take risks in the league knowing it will benefit us next season, try out different things, see what players can play your system etc, give everything in both cups, though europa league will be hard with some very good teams in there

just hope the board see it as a huge long term project and give him backing in the transfer market

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Remember that city has almost £200m worth of fullbacks while all our fullbacks are injured.

Those people talking about relegation are trolls. It's pointless engaging in discussions with them. once, Bellerin, Dani, Kola, Tierney, martinelli and others return, we will improve.

That being said, I want us to go in hard on the Europa league

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta: I got the back line pushed up close to the midfield and the shape looked really good for most of the match.

Pep: Don't beat yourself up mate. You had two inexperienced, makeshift full backs and Mustafi in there ffs. You're stuffed with players like that. Why do you think I only took a job with the richest teams? It's the only way I could have won the league in 3 different countries.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Arteta: I got the back line pushed up close to the midfield and the shape looked really good for most of the match.

Pep: Don't beat yourself up mate. You had two inexperienced, makeshift full backs and Mustafi in there ffs. You're stuffed with players like that. Why do you think I only took a job with the richest teams? It's the only way I could have won the league in 3 different countries.
Barcelona had a lower squad cost than the Real Madrid team Pep overcame tbf.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
The players he has at his disposal are average and mentally weak.

There should be huge pressure on Raul and co to sign at least two players in the January window.
Hope not, this season is already pretty much over in the league anyway. We shouldn't burden the team with anymore half-assed Elnenny/Mkhi type January signings unless they were going to be our first choice in the summer anyway.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The season might be a write off league position wise but we can still start forming partnerships in key positions if signings available. If you can get the French kid in now (even if it costs) & a DM/CM the spine can start taking shape now rather than from zero again in August.

Would also like to change how teams view playing at the Emirates like Arteta spoke about. Odd not to take the draw yesterday but commit so strong for the win after they equalized.

baccy_man

Established Member
In the short space of time that Arteta has been with the squad he has got them putting more effort into the game, i was surprised to see how much Auba was defending he put a good shift in pity we didn't get the result that the effort deserved,
I think we are going to need to work on the fitness of the players to help them cope with the extra running around that they were doing,
Towards the end of the first half some players were looking a bit tired,
We should see more improvement in the next few weeks and hopefully some of our injured players will be coming back into the team.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
If sitting deep and letting the opposition have the ball and pin us down for 70 minutes at home is part of Arteta's tactical plans, then I'm very concerned.
I have issues with the way he approached the game yesterday:

1. You know the team isn't physically fit to keep the press game going for a long period of time and you still go with it, basically shooting your load quickly and then having the girl never answer your texts back.
What's the point of scoring early if you know the team is uncapable of holding onto a lead because the defense is so calamitous?

2. You see Lampard taking out Emerson after his mistake that lead to the goal and change the formation with 15 minutes left in the first half, yet you don't adapt in any way when you see your team lose steam and sitting deep trying to defend. One of the commentators in my country kept saying that Arsenal isn't going to last long and he was right. The writing was on the wall for everyone to see.

3. You have a dangerous player on the bench for which a lot of money was spent and you start Nelson, who stays on the pitch until the 85th minute?!

The only positive thing I've seen was that aggressive press and a little more intent when going forward, but it certainly didn't last long, did it?
So far, Arteta seems like a bit more aggressive Emery. He basically makes the same mistakes as him.
First he took out Özil and the midfield went back to the stone age from a creative pov, to which Lampard and co. said "Thank you very much!" and then continued to leave Pepe out of the game in favor of Nelson, who didn't do anything.

I don't understand how you sit back and watch the team trying to soak pressure when you know for a fact that we have one of the worst defenses in the league. At least try to outscore your opponent until you can fix the issue to some degree.
He let Chelsea ride us like a pony for 60 minutes and that is a sign of someone who doesn't have any answers.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I have issues with the way he approached the game yesterday:

1. You know the team isn't physically fit to keep the press game going for a long period of time and you still go with it, basically shooting your load quickly and then having the girl never answer your texts back.
What's the point of scoring early if you know the team is uncapable of holding onto a lead because the defense is so calamitous?

2. You see Lampard taking out Emerson after his mistake that lead to the goal and change the formation with 15 minutes left in the first half, yet you don't adapt in any way when you see your team lose steam and sitting deep trying to defend. One of the commentators in my country kept saying that Arsenal isn't going to last long and he was right. The writing was on the wall for everyone to see.

3. You have a dangerous player on the bench for which a lot of money was spent and you start Nelson, who stays on the pitch until the 85th minute?!

The only positive thing I've seen was that aggressive press and a little more intent when going forward, but it certainly didn't last long, did it?
So far, Arteta seems like a bit more aggressive Emery. He basically makes the same mistakes as him.
First he took out Özil and the midfield went back to the stone age from a creative pov, to which Lampard and co. said "Thank you very much!" and then continued to leave Pepe out of the game in favor of Nelson, who didn't do anything.

I don't understand how you sit back and watch the team trying to soak pressure when you know for a fact that we have one of the worst defenses in the league. At least try to outscore your opponent until you can fix the issue to some degree.
He let Chelsea ride us like a pony for 60 minutes and that is a sign of someone who doesn't have any answers.
60 minutes? I remember Chelsea started to put pressure on us like 30 minutes without creating nothing Lampard changed his formation because he knew he f**ked up and he have players on bench. Our formation worked great and we were defending well and try hit them on counter the only thing i agree with you is about pepe he should've came on in about 70 minutes or even more earlier

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
60 minutes? I remember Chelsea started to put pressure on us like 30 minutes without creating nothing Lampard changed his formation because he knew he f**ked up and he have players on bench. Our formation worked great and we were defending well and try hit them on counter the only thing i agree with you is about pepe he should've came on in about 70 minutes or even more earlier
You could see the stats at half time that Chelsea started having more possession than us after Jorginho came on. Like I said, the writing was on the wall the whole time.

Manberg

Predator
We only get to use 3 subs. First sub was forced due to an injury in the first half. Özil has to be subbed off at around 70 minutes because he tires the quickest. Then it's dangerous to use the last sub before the 85 minute or so because we might go a man down and not have any subs.
On that basis I can't have any complaints with the subs.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom