• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mineiro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatwad

Re: Mineiro linked

only on the internet (and in the media). in one corner there is shock horror that he may actually join and in the other we have the independent saying that chelsea is about to steal him away.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-poised-to-steal-veteran-mineiro-from-arsenals-grasp-928821.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 28821.html</a>

good stuff.

banduan

Established Member

we let go of Bert because he was offered a great contract.

Mineiro is alright but only has a year left in him. A stop-gap signing perhaps even until January.

kamikaze80

Established Member

this signing would confirm how badly wenger has handled our CM situation the last two transfer windows. i mean, seriously??

kym7224

banduan said:
we let go of Bert because he was offered a great contract.

Mineiro is alright but only has a year left in him. A stop-gap signing perhaps even until January.

I know Bert has 3 years great contract by them but what I want to say is if wenger is this desperate to DM than
what he is done during whole window?

Just sit under the tree to apple (Alonso,Inler) to drop into his mouth?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

This will turn out to beeing a joke,

Gilberto and Flamini out and replacing them with Mineiro who is 33.

While we could have gotten Alonso or Inler or something

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Wenger tried his best for those players, but he was never going to compromise his valuation and wages for them.

This might be a good signing. Age is not the key, main thing is he is good. Senna is also around 32 and he is still superb

Anzac

Established Member

Jameel46 said:
"Mineiro is believed to have visited Arsenal's training ground earlier this week after being invited by the club."

If this is true than I can see it happening, probably the reason that Wenger made it clear that he won't be signing Appiah, would prefer Appiah but can't argue with any sort of free transfer of an experienced midfielder.

Agreed - and I'm hoping that the reason we're not after Appiah is because AW does have someone of better quality lined up for January = Alonso or M'Bia?????

True Gooner

Established Member

We're really not that desperate. Chelsea are welcome to strengthen their reserves with him

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Now that the window is closed, I wanna see how ar current midfielders will cope.
I see no point bringing players like him now.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Might be time to close this one:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/arsenal/2967249/Arsenals-interest-in-Mineiro-fades-as-Samir-Nasri-faces-Champions-League-fitness-test---Premier-League-football.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leag ... tball.html</a>

Meatwad

Wenger has been talking up the January transfer window lately so it seems like his plan is to see how our current midfielders do until then and decide if he needs another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom