• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mobido Diakite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenyonhater

This from tomorrow's Sun:-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2124097.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 124097.ece</a>

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Had never heard of him. I had a quick check and yeah he's big (6 4'ish), young (21), and fills a position of need (CB). However, even though it said he broke his leg, how can someone who seems to have played only about 6-7 games in his entire career be rated so highly or expensively? Serie A aficionados?

Kenyonhater

He must be highly rated as they just extended his contract to 2013 in November. Sounds promising. Big, strong, quick and a good reader of the game. French,too, so he will have been on AW's radar.

340x.jpg

127_attach1_img_538911_Diak5910.JPG

Kenyonhater

Not necessarily. It's not unheard of for a player to leave a club shortly after extending his contract. It just ensures they get decent money for him.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
except he has only played like 7 games.. highly doubt they are letting him go before seeing what he can really do.. he is just getting back into the team...

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
**** yes. Sign him immediately. Just do it. I didn't think we had a chance in hell on him. I reckon he can probably play as a defensive midfielder as well. I don't know if he's 6 ft 4 (that's like 1.93 m or something right? He's more like 1.90 somewhere), but I know that he's got fantastic potential. It doesn't look like that injury slowed him down anything either. This is exactly the kind of player we want to get if we're gonna replace any of our centrebacks. Lazio's lousy defensive record as of lately says absolutely nothing about him as a player. £10 million is outrageous though. Let's hope that they don't ask for that much.

They're playing Juventus at home on sunday. Diakite will be likely to start that game. People should have a look for themselves.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Which of his 6 or so games at Lazio impressed you most Klaus? :wink:

How come he's made no international youth teams?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Ton: :) I've no idea. I've only watched him since he made his comeback this fall but he's been very impressive despite scoring an own goal against Inter. He was the man against Udinese a couple of weeks ago. Saved a couple of clear shots on his own despite Lazio's defence being worse than ours. He instantly became a favourite.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Why go for him when Noordveidt can potentially play. Both are inexperienced.

I'd rather we use all our transfer fund on Arshavin...because we aint getting two players. It will take our entire transfer fund to secure Arshavin...we must do it, it is a big priority.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
From that profile photo, he looks like he has a serious set of shoulders on him....i'd give him a drugs test during the medical :)

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
raidersoftheark said:
Can he play as a DM, or is he purely a CB?
The commentators said he was able to play as a DM as well. I haven't seen him in that role myself but he's got the right physique for it at least I reckon.

This is one rumour I'd really like to see happen. He would be a perfect player to keep around as a backup for one or two seasons and have maturing into the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom