• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

GoonerJay24

I still think if he'd played consistently last season with one of Xhaka or Partey, we would've made Europe.

Arteta is so naive sometimes.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I underestimate Mikel's man management, this guy has literally no clue that he's fodder. That's wild.

Mido sounds like me when I am trying to reason with my french speaking buddies still at this bloody club.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Elneny is clearly an absolute gent and a lovely guy. The recent discussions about Tielemans in the CM role got me thinking though so I did a stat comparison between Tielemans and Elneny - won't post it here because I know it gets a bit tedious but suffice to say that Tielemans DEFENSIVE numbers are comfortably better than Elneny's... his numbers are so bad it's unreal. I think he's actually better than they show but he's bottom 1-3% of the charts for pressures, tackles and blocks. For aerial wins and interceptions he is bottom 25% as well.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Elneny is clearly an absolute gent and a lovely guy. The recent discussions about Tielemans in the CM role got me thinking though so I did a stat comparison between Tielemans and Elneny - won't post it here because I know it gets a bit tedious but suffice to say that Tielemans DEFENSIVE numbers are comfortably better than Elneny's... his numbers are so bad it's unreal. I think he's actually better than they show but he's bottom 1-3% of the charts for pressures, tackles and blocks. For aerial wins and interceptions he is bottom 25% as well.

Defensive statistics have to be taken with a massive pinch of salt. It's hard to compare players within the same team as they have different roles, let alone players from different clubs. There are far to many variables to put massive stock on them. Always go back to it, but Harry Magiure was statistically better than VVD a few years ago...

Symbia

I agree with this completely, yet I would write this with a positive spin instead 😀.

He's boring but quite functional and allows the game flow
More like allow the game pass him by. Elneny does nothing that an average bottom table epl midfielder cannot do.
He is nothing special, defensively and offensively. You hardly see him stop opposition attack or counter attack and he hardly initiate one.
I honestly do not understand what he is still doing in our team.
Great guy but not player.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
With Partey out, Elneny is probably a safer bet than young Sambi at the moment.
Xhaka + Sambi + Elneny would allow for some defensive rotation in the fullback areas when Cedric or Tavares push forward. This is how Klopp plays (albeit with far superior players) but we do not seem to want to ever have more than one player in central midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The Xhaka - Elneny pivot will survive the apocalypse.

How do we keep coming back to it like a Arteta - Flamini regen.
Elneny would be good choice if he somehow good going forward but he isn't against Senegal when i watching Egypt he was so awful losing every ball.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Thanks for the memories (glorious banter tweet at Alexis, stunning goals in the Europa League, Camp Nou banger, Utd away last season, being the most positive and happy soul at the club, being by morning meadow and evening sun, my shining light and my egyptian prince) but its time for an extension

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom