• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name

Please stay young prince

1658000774203.png

granit-xhaka-of-arsenal-and-mohamed-elneny-of-arsenal-celebrate-with-picture-id826972236

Dream pivot of @American_Gooner and @GDeep™

GREATEST TWEET OF ALL TIME!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don't understand the hate and ignorance fans hold towards him. Never a starter for Arsenal but he's a good hardworking backup midfielder.
And that is why we finished 8th twice in a row. Not enough starting quality but an abundance of mediocrity.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Not sure where to put this but this should be the bench mark of Arsenal midfielder. If you can't take the ball on the half-turn, you shouldn't be an Arsenal midfielder. If you can't pass the ball forward, you shouldn't be an Arsenal midfielder. If you can't run, you shouldn't be an Arsenal midfielder. If you can't spray passes, you shouldn't be an Arsenal midfielder. If you can't handle a high press, you shouldn't be an Arsenal midfielder. Now look at Elneny and ask yourself where he is?

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
My main takeaway from his time here is when we lost the Carabao cup final 3-0 to City and he posted a tweet with a picture of a fan crying saying something along the lines of 'we will wipe away your tears' and then we lost to City 3-0 again after a few days :lol:

Shame we haven’t managed to wipe away his contract yet.

vantoure

People probably have the wrong expectations of a 4th choice midfielder, thus their issue with Elneny. As backups go, I think he's OK enough. 7'ish performances here and there mixed with steady 5.5-6 performances.

Apart from Chelsea, City maybe, I'm not sure any team has a B+ backup midfielder in the league. It's left to the manager to tune his team to utilize whatever he brings. E.g. For his work rate and enthusiasm, bring him in to manage slim leads. For matches against tough opponents e.g. City last week, he could even be more useful than Ødegaard / ESR to help preserve our little dignity, instead of the delusional strategy.

Reminds me of Flamini in 15/16 (was it?). He wasn't supposed to be involved at all, just a body as backup. Unfortunately, he became our #1 midfielder when injuries struck

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
People probably have the wrong expectations of a 4th choice midfielder, thus their issue with Elneny. As backups go, I think he's OK enough. 7'ish performances here and there mixed with steady 5.5-6 performances.

Apart from Chelsea, City maybe, I'm not sure any team has a B+ backup midfielder in the league. It's left to the manager to tune his team to utilize whatever he brings. E.g. For his work rate and enthusiasm, bring him in to manage slim leads. For matches against tough opponents e.g. City last week, he could even be more useful than Ødegaard / ESR to help preserve our little dignity, instead of the delusional strategy.

Reminds me of Flamini in 15/16 (was it?). He wasn't supposed to be involved at all, just a body as backup. Unfortunately, he became our #1 midfielder when injuries struck
Issue is, our entire squad is filled with 3rd and 4th choice midfielders and defenders.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Edu was 4th choice once upon a time and was better than mo!!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Elnenys probably put in 2 7/10 performances in 5 and a half years here.

Problem is we've got a very injury prone starter, a guy prone to rash decisions and suspensions and a kid who's probably not fully ready for the PL as the immediate backup currently. Although Partey probably wouldn't have made the difference you could argue our lack of proper depth is already costing us.

People act as tho he's just gonna be a name in the squad list who'll barely contribute but we've already seen it's not gonna take much and if he's playing 5-10 games it could end being costly because he's so far away from being good enough it's scary. Does nothing with the ball, is an absolute cone defensively, has zero quality in helping us playing through teams in the build up.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom