• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most impressive stadium you've been to?

GlasgowGooner

just curious, Best ive been too is the Westfalenstadion, the park outside makes the walk to the stadium even more enjoyable.

VCC

Best for a soccer game...Cotton Bowl in Dallas where I saw Spain and South Korea in the 94 World Cup. Nice walk to the stadium, and the atmosphere was great.

Best for any sport would probably be one of the many American football stadiums I've been to. Would have to think about that a while.

koivu

Ibrox for me...only stadium I've ever been to, and I found it amazing..I can only imagine what Highbury must be like...Moving to London at the end of the month so hopefully I'll be lucky enough to catch a game sometime soon.

I also plan on taking a tour of the ground, and maybe a couple others in europe like the nou camp and the ajax tour..does it take you to de kuip as well? Never been to those parts.

Ally

Nou Camp without a doubt. Sellick Park is a distant second despite being bloody fantastic.

SydneyGunnerFan

best stadium i have ever been to to watch soccer/football is probably WIN stadium at Telstra stadium where the olympics was in 2000 there are some good games there and a half decent crowd aswell

A

Anonymous

Highbury.
Bukit Jalil Stadium in Malaysia (our national satdium)

When Arsène and Arsenal went to Malaysia for an exhibition game he said that if he could transport the stadium back to London, he would.

Adam

Established Member
Highbury, then Wembley. Haven't been to the Nou Camp but that can come third, with the San Siro 4th and the Bernabeu 5th.

As for that stadium Ashburrn is talking about - wow.

Bukit_Jalil.jpg

A

Anonymous

adam..may i ask what's so impressive with highbury.I mean..i know you are a gooner..but does that honestly mean that highbury is the most "impressive"

A

Anonymous

Is it just me or is that image not appearing?

It seats 100,000.

kuala_lumpur_jalil2.jpg

A

Anonymous

ruud said:
adam..may i ask what's so impressive with highbury.I mean..i know you are a gooner..but does that honestly mean that highbury is the most "impressive"
It's The Home of Football.

I get a tingle down my spine every time I see it, walk past it, and an absolute shudder when I walk into the place.

We have a connection with it, and that's what makes it even more special for us.

A

Anonymous

ASHBURRN said:
ruud said:
It's The Home of Football.

I get a tingle down my spine every time I see it, walk past it, and an absolute shudder when I walk into the place.

We have a connection with it, and that's what makes it even more special for us.

fair enough...but i kinda thought this topic was disregarding the emotional appeal..oh well..
but Ash..the pic u've showed right..it's a nice stadium witha great capacity..but don't u think the stands are kinda away from the pitch due to the race-track around the pitch?

lewdikris

Established Member
Wembley and the Nou Camp.

Wembley was a ****hole, really, but the towers were so amazing as an icon of football, and even in useless england friendlies, or even in the World League of American football games I used to watch (why why why) ... there was something special in the air.

The Nou Camp ... well, it's bloody massive.

However, my cousin grew up in Brazil and has been to the Maracana many times, and said it's absolutely AWESOME.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom