• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Ajax vs Arsenal | 27/09/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Almunia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbell

• Toure

• Lauren

• Hleb

• Cole

• Flamini

• Ljungberg

• Reyes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I'm not sure it's his distribution getting worse, I just think he's seeing more of the ball, (and in deeper areas too) and with his style of play he's obviously losing the ball more noticeably. It could be his distribution, though...

sabret00the

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
I'm not sure it's his distribution getting worse, I just think he's seeing more of the ball, (and in deeper areas too) and with his style of play he's obviously losing the ball more noticeably. It could be his distribution, though...
to me, i just notice it more and more and maybe it has alot to do with my expectations from him, but i'm struggling to recall successful run of the mill passes yet alone outstanding eye of the needle through balls.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Well he does lose it a lot, I noticed it about 5 times yesterday, but he also does make some good passes. I think he's still on the leash a little bit and needs to show a bit more confidence, bcause at the moment I don't feel he's bringing as much as he should be to our game.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
14teranga said:
Why isn't pires on that list, I thought he did well!

Which match were you watching, didn't know he was on the pitch until he stepped up and scored a good penalty, but you can't have players on the pitch just to score penalties. Would it been so wrong to play Quincy instead and have reyes on the wing.

My vote freddie best goal this season for arsenal. Nice that reyes made the pass and Flamini involved to. Anybody else think that that Ryan babbel guy looked sharp and De Jong, now he would have been a great buy, not to expensive can play in many positions and is young and not just promising but a solid player. He has got better dribbling skills then many midfield and forwards in the prem...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Ps I love having Sol back we are so much better with him. But man of the match then we must give it to him every match cuz that was a normal game for him. And please let him keep the captaincy. Who else could look into Keanes eyes at Old Trytoafford, Hnery no he would wet himself

Wenger14

Established Member
Has to be Cambell, tbf I only heard it on radio and caught the highlights, but he looks a rock doesn't he? Some amazing tackles.

Ricky_AFC

Sol was immense at the back and im really happy now hes back. To think at the beginning of the season he was being written off as past it, and some people here would have happily used him in a part exchange for Jenas! tut tut.

MOTM: Sol or Reyes, Sol probably edges it.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
The Solman for me, playing well is the ol boy.

How old was Tone when he packed it in? I hope Sols career is as long, cos if it is, we could have another three or four real good years.

Tony Adams had lost any pace he did have and he was more injury prone but when he played, you just could not get past the guy...whatta man!! There's something about them guys, you just feel that much safer when they're in the team. I think Senderos will prove to be as good in the future, he's already showing positive signs

Gurgen

Established Member
Sol was the best man on the pitch, but Flamini was very good as well and Reyes was the most productive, despite having a **** game overall.

James

Established Member
Thought i'd go for a different vote from the usual, and go for Lauren who had his best game last night so far this season.

The defence was magnificent, Flamini and Freddie were impressive and Jose put in 110% again.

kamikaze80

Established Member
hard to choose b/w sol and toure, both were committed in defence and cut out most of the danger in the area, whether in the air or by ground. went with toure for being such a gamer.

reyes played well, drawing fouls in dangerous areas and having a hand in both our goals, but hes not a striker. i was not impressed by cescs distribution nor hlebs propensity to lose possession.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
The Official Arsenal-Mania Man of the Match award for this game goes to <b>Sol Campbell</b>who had another solid match. He won the award with 46% of the votes, 2nd place went to Jose Reyes who had 16% of the votes and goal scorer Freddie Ljungberg who had 14%.

1886.jpg

Well done Sol

Thanks to everyone who voted and all those who left comments.

Article:

TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom