• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Hamburg vs Arsenal | 13/09/06

Jkreffer

Established Member
Hamburg 1 : Arsenal 2

Goalscorers: Gilberto 12 (pen)
Rosicky 53

Quite a tough one to call as I thought everybody had a good game today. Fabregas looked alot more effective and kept things ticking over, whilst Rosicky looked useful scoring a great goal.

However, my vote goes to Gilberto, who took great responsibility with a good penalty and dictated the play from the back. Even threw in a few cheeky skills I didn't even realise he had.

James

Established Member
Gilberto.

Controlled most of our play, and threw in a few samba skills for the hell of it.

Seabass

My vote goes to Rosicky. He had some good runs, good distribution, and when we needed a second goal, he provided a stunner.

That being said though, I think Gilberto and Cesc both had solid games, and I couldn't argue against either of them being selected as man of the match.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Gilberto has been pretty good all season so far. Hopefully he can have a similar impact agaisnt United on the weekend.

dublingunner

Established Member
Yeah Rosicky for me too. He won us the game with that beauty and played outstandingly in every other respect. If Fabregas is tired or whatever it'd be interesting to see him in the middle of the park on Sunday.

Viper

Established Member
Its a tough one out of Rosicky and Gilberto, but I'd have to say Rosicky. He was simply excellent particulary on the ball. When he has the ball, you can expect him to pull of something special. He is such a great player to watch.

bobbydazzler

I think motm has to be gilberto. He controled the midfield. He was our 3rd centre back when needed and he also helped out in attack.

I find it funny that how the 3 games he has been captian we have one but the 3 with thierry we haven't

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
rosicky for me. scored a great goal and linked all our attack together. gilberto come close too.

IBL

Established Member
Between Gilberto and Rosicky for me, Gilberto gets the nod though for an outstanding captains performance in the middle. Always communicating, getting stuck in, dispatched a nice penalty...just solid all round.

Ramy

Rosicky.
On the Basis that it was his champions league debut, he pprovided a stunner and looked dangerous on every attack.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Ramy said:
Rosicky.
On the Basis that it was his champions league debut, he pprovided a stunner and looked dangerous on every attack.
CL Debut at Arsenal.. he has played in quite a few in his career.. looked like he was used to playing in them... (which is what we need)

sparky44

Gilberto was incredible tonight and that was a great penalty too! Controlled the game and basically playing like he was two-men. I think we played with 12 players out there tonight lol. cesc was also great, and its good news to hear hes singed a eight-year contract. He obviously knows whats its about! Rosicky of course he looks a great little player, i think wenger has done it yet again - superb goal!

Shout to adebayor as well who has his critics (me also being gulity of critizing him) but he played well tonight and I thought he deserved some credit too. He looked bloody nervous when they was lining up before the game, but he played good tonight.

I really want to see more to the RVP/Ade partnership for the mean time while henry isnt 100% all there.

MOTM: Gilberto

kym7224

very close but should be Gilberto, and Rosicky 2nd ...

Scores stunner I hope he can score the same on OT.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom