• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 21/08/05

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Cole

• Lauren

• Fabregas

• Gilberto

• Hleb

• van Persie

• Henry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Chelsea 1 - Arsenal 0

Goal: Drogba

A lucky goal from Drogba made Arsène's 500th game in charge of Arsenal an unforgettable one. We didn't deserve to lose the game but didn't really deserve to win so a 0-0 result would have been fair. We seemed to lack in the finishing department and that got frustrating at times. The defence held up pretty well and coped with everything despite the in my opinon offside goal.

My MOTM: Toure, he was brilliant yesterday and kept us in it. Well timed tackles and even getting upfront on occassions. He gave everything and deserves this award.

Who was our MOTM? Whoever you think it was vote for them and leave a comment justifying your choice.

TG

Aussie

Established Member
We have a class player in Hleb. Looks very good going forward and I can see why people rated him so highly. A great buy.

Kolo was also good and thats the form we will need him in this season.

But ill give to Hleb.

Wenger14

Established Member
I'm going to go with Lehman. He made a couple of good saves yesterday, and if it was Almunia in goal it could have easily been 3-0 to Chelsea.

It got me thinking, if Lehman can continue the form he has been showing, I wouldn't mind him being in goal for another season when we move to AG.

Unless we find a special GK during that time.

Sammer

Established Member
Hleb.

Toure and Lehmann being close, but considering that this was Hleb´s starting debut in the EPL, he showed his class. He only lost the ball/made a bad pass twice in the whole match - and when he did, he tracked back tried to win it back.

Considering the risk (dribbling, taking on players) he takes with his game - these are immense stats !

Chips&CurrySauce

Has to be Hleb.. He was the only attacking player on the pitch who showed any creativity and flair... Can somo one also explain how Lampard was man of the match, what did he do exactly??

Also impressed with Lehman, Toure, and Lauren aswell who I thought was outstanding.. Pity Freddie went off as he was looking sharp and dangerous!!!

Ratinho

Established Member
Defensively we were sound. One error from Senderos that Lehmann stood up to, and one half error that Drogba got lucky with doesn't change that for me, but his inexperience did show, and we could've done with Sol and Kolo back.

Hleb is a wonderful breath of fresh air, but his passing let him down once too often for me, and in such a tight game where we were, as ever, unwilling to actually shoot before reaching the goalline, this mattered.

Any one of Henry, Pires, et all might aswell have not bothered.

Toure by a mile for me. Dominated Crespo, which is a shame, because had he not done that, they might not have got lucky. :roll:

Sammer

Established Member
Ratinho said:
Hleb is a wonderful breath of fresh air, but his passing let him down once too often for me, and in such a tight game where we were, as ever, unwilling to actually shoot before reaching the goalline, this mattered.

I thought his passing was outstanding - even more due to the fact that he takes a high risk by running at the opposition and having to pass under pressure.

I watched him closely yesterday, and I can only remember one misplaced pass - which is a pretty damn good stat compared to our other midfielders yesterday (take Cesc e.g.).

Ratinho

Established Member
I'm being very critical Sammer mate, and it's more a team criticism than Hleb. I say once too often, and I probably mean once or twice overall. :roll:

I think he made a couple actually, but as they were the final ball they stuck in my head. His, and most of the players, passing up to and around the box was quality, but it's the fact we looked so toothless when actually trying to break through that I remember.

Sammer

Established Member
Ratinho said:
I'm being very critical Sammer mate, and it's more a team criticism than Hleb. I say once too often, and I probably mean once or twice overall. :roll:

I think he made a couple actually, but as they were the final ball they stuck in my head. His, and most of the players, passing up to and around the box was quality, but it's the fact we looked so toothless when actually trying to break through that I remember.

I see what you mean. As a team, our passing was bad at times (Cesc, Pires), but Hleb really stood out as a positive exception.

Ratinho

Established Member
I think one of the main things we all noticed (I hope), was just how strong and box-to-box Hleb is capable of being in such a tight, competitive game.

Great engine, and dribbling ability that'll tear some teams apart. He'll be vital in big games, but especially so in awkward tight games, where we just can't break through some of the lower sides.

chachacallis

Hleb was the only one it seems that was making a effort to go forward, i have no idea whats wrony with henry, hardly make any effort to score or go forward, he just stand at the edge of the box with his hands up .

Tegh

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Toure for me, was outstanding.

Likewise, he worked his back-side off.

He made two awesome runs all the way into the Chelsea 18 yard box, and created an excellent chance, which we couldn't convert into a goal.

He's strong, versatile, and solid as a rock.

IBL

Established Member
Toure was outstanding but I've got to give this one to Hleb. Considering it was his first start in the prem against the reigning champions he played as if he had been at Arsenal for years. Rarely gave the ball away and was always lively and willing to work hard for the team. He was able to adjust to all the players around him with no problems and seemed to link up well with Cole in particular on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom