• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I think this boy will be a top 5 player in the league, and i think under Artetas leadership he winll thrive. I am so excited to have him, and he is the main reason i am truly looking forward to next season. Phenomenal potential, and i pray to the god i dont believe in that we can utilize it,

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Zaha is way better than Pepe.

Pepe is much better footballer as shown this season where Zaha was very poor. It's clear that Pepe is by far the more intelligent player of two, the better passer and brings more creativity to the team. Pepe on average this season got dispossessed less than half amount that Zaha did and took far fewer bad touches. Pepe in the league outscored Zaha and got twice as many assists depsite playing a 1000 less minutes.

Last edited:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Pepe I think will be brilliant. What he did against the best defender in the world shows what he is all about.

We should allow him to focus on his strengths ala Pires.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pepe is much better footballer as shown this season where Zaha was very poor. It's clear that Pepe is by far the more intelligent player of two, the better passer and brings more creativity to the team. Pepe on average this season got dispossed less than half amount that Zaha did and took far fewer bad touches. Pepe in then league outscored Zaha and got twice as many assists depsite playing a 1000 less minutes.
I'm surprised that some people have written him off already.

The proof of his quality is the fact opposition coaches usually put two or three players on him because they know that he's our most threatening player. It's quite pathetic that we don't always take advantage of the space he creates for his teammates just by his presence alone

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I have a very positive mindset on Pepe, I just have that feeling overtime he will thrive with us. He has got top class potential he just has to have the backing from Arteta in the future to roam around the field from the wing to the centre & dribble as much as he can.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Every player has their weaknesses though, for me his weakness is definately is his only one footed potentially, if he could shoot or cross with both foots then he'd be able to score & assist (crossing, short passes to runners etc.) so much more. I'd be happy to let him have so many more shots if he was strong with his right foot aswell. Overtime he may be able to start doing that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol Pepe is a beast.

If you asked me who I would have preferred in the summer though, I defo wanted Zaha here. Statistically though Pepe has outperformed him this season. I feel we definitely needed a winger.

Pepe is terrible tbf, going by what we have seen so far. But even I got to admit he has some talent that a magician coach like Arteta can get out of him in the next 2-3 years. Nelson is much better.

Anyway, Zaha has clearly struggled fro disappointment not getting his move last summer and having to play for Crystal Palace. I think he can be much better if he moves to top club. We should get him if we are going to lose Saka in the summer.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I wanted Zaha in the summer as you feel he would have hit the ground running instantly. In the long run though, Pepe is probably the better signing. He's got serious talent.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Zaha is playing for a poor team. Pepe is playing for a poor team.

But Pepe has been the better player this season.

Zaha hasn't been better than Fraiser ffs

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Pepe is much better footballer as shown this season where Zaha was very poor. It's clear that Pepe is by far the more intelligent player of two, the better passer and brings more creativity to the team. Pepe on average this season got dispossessed less than half amount that Zaha did and took far fewer bad touches. Pepe in the league outscored Zaha and got twice as many assists depsite playing a 1000 less minutes.
Zaha is obviously not with his heart at Palace anymore since the transfer didn't go through, so his mental state isn't as good as the previous season.
Personally, I don't think Pepe is more intelligent considering he's dribbling one more time when he should pass. I see too much of Gervais in him to get excited.
He's been more miss than hit this season for me, but since he's here for at least another season, I hope he gets better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom