• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He’s not been good but emery can’t coach an attack to save his life. He’s similar to Salah in that he needs the team to be built around him.

He isn't talented enough for the team to be built around him. The same with people who wanted the team to be built around Xhaka and some for Ramsey when he was here. You only build teams around world class players.

baccy_man

Established Member
Most of our play was going down the left hand side of the pitch so Pepe, didn't get that much of the ball to do much with it when he did get the ball he seemed to try to impress too much and over played the ball.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Been poor, the price tag puts a lot of pressure and rightfully so.

The way we set up and what's been expected of him, as in, create something out of nothing really does him and the team no favors. He seems much more like someone who needs to be in the end of chances or providing that final ball.

Hopefully having Bellerin back in the team helps.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Been poor, the price tag puts a lot of pressure and rightfully so.

The way we set up and what's been expected of him, as in, create something out of nothing really does him and the team no favors. He seems much more like someone who needs to be in the end of chances or providing that final ball.

Hopefully having Bellerin back in the team helps.
How would that help? Bellerin is a piss poor passer of the ball and lost his pace over the last 2 seasons.

I don't expect Pepe to struggle for too long. He has the abilities which we need and it's just a question of time when he will become productive.
At the moment, I would rather use Martinelli and Saka on the wings and introduce Pepe later in the game when defenders are tired.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
How would that help? Bellerin is a piss poor passer of the ball and lost his pace over the last 2 seasons.

I don't expect Pepe to struggle for too long. He has the abilities which we need and it's just a question of time when he will become productive.
At the moment, I would rather use Martinelli and Saka on the wings and introduce Pepe later in the game when defenders are tired.

Bellerin is much better on the overlap and still much, much faster than Chambers, who has to sit back because our most defensive midfielder turn slower than a tank in slow motion and can't cover that specific weakness on Callums game.

The fact that he has an outlet on the right that will open space for him, means he can get into better positions and be less over crowded but the oppositions defense.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Bellerin is much better on the overlap and still much, much faster than Chambers, who has to sit back because our most defensive midfielder turn slower than a tank in slow motion and can't cover that specific weakness on Callums game.

The fact that he has an outlet on the right that will open space for him, means he can get into better positions and be less over crowded but the oppositions defense.
We'll have to see about that overlap play simpy because he lost his pace. The fact that he is faster than Chambers doesn't count for much. Chambers is a guy who plays with his brain and doesn't do stupid stuff on the ball like most of our squad.
Let's put it this way, Bellerin on his top form would probably be my choice, but we'll have to see him after so much time out

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Thought he started well today. Looked lively, supplied the cross for goal and should have had a penalty. Then gradually got worse.

Think so too. It was actually his best game since that very good one against Liverpool. After that he lost confidence and did classic overthinking that wanting all at the same time.

Was much more cool headed, calmer and did some good stuff and could very well have gotten that first pen. ManU certainly would've.

It is not about his ability, it is about his mental strength to now go through that rough patch, drawing the right conclusions, keeping his calm, keep on working and never surrender.
Then his time will come

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don’t know if it’s Emery or his idea but his starting position annoys me.

If you watch top wide players like Salah, Mane, Sterling or Bale they stay on the defender’s shoulder and look to run in behind.

Pepe comes so f*cking deep for the ball he’s almost always playing in front of their back four. Also drifts in field way too much to play off the striker.

Alexis used to come deep but he was a world class dribbler with great close control. Pepe looks like he’s a good finisher so why is he coming so deep?

Because Pepe is basically Sanchez without the "great close control"? That's the player he has always been.

Pepes blue pill

Should be benched and play cup games for now, im not concerned but he has done nothing to deserve a starting spot, should follow what klopp did with fabinho when he saw he wasnt quite ready for the prem. Giving him a chance can easily turn into mismanagement here

Malky

Established Member
If people think he's putting preasure on himself with the price tag is dropping him to the bench/cup games the answer? That could ruin what's left of his confidence. Think we're in a hole with this one. Martinelli has started his career here the way I hoped Pepe would, but for whatever reason it's not happening for him.
Not writing him off, but sometimes a move just doesn't work out for some players coming to the Premier League.

Pepes blue pill

If people think he's putting preasure on himself with the price tag is dropping him to the bench/cup games the answer? That could ruin what's left of his confidence. Think we're in a hole with this one. Martinelli has started his career here the way I hoped Pepe would, but for whatever reason it's not happening for him.
Not writing him off, but sometimes a move just doesn't work out for some players coming to the Premier League.

hardly stuck in a hole, emerys job is to do whats best for the team, that hardly looks like it includes pepe at this moment of time, klopp did the same thing with fabinho n keita, one of which is one of the best dms in the prem now, there is not issue in not playing him and letting him ease in instead, we threw him in and he hasnt really taking the chance, time to take a step back and go easy with him imo, was at the game and the boy looks like he is forcing everything atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom