• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nigel de Jong

Gurgen

Established Member
His contract at Ajax is expiring and he wants to leave.

He can play every single position in defence and midfield. In my humble opinion he is a class, class player, better than Sneijder, and a real fighter on the pitch. He can shoot, pass, finish, tackle and head the ball. Robin van Persie is his best friend, he knows Henry personally and Arsenal is his favourite club.

This is a golden chance to get him tbh, before Manure snatch him and they have a midfield again. Pull your finger out Monsieur Wenger!

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
De Jong would be a superb buy, mainly because of - as you said - his combination of versatility, tenacity, and technique. Only drawback is he's a midget and he's cup-tied. I'd take him in a second though.

daniel

I would agree that De Jong would definitely be a great player to buy...
He is a universal player as far as the midfield and defence are concerned. He would make our team stronger...you can't argue with that...
Then we would finaly be able to say bye bye Cygan!

kamikaze80

Established Member
he would be the ultimate squad player due to his versatility, and i mean that in a good way. we need a bit of touch and technique (as well as a warm body) in exactly the positions he plays.

to get him on a free would be amazing; who needs youngsters when you can get a youngster who has already proven himself, and all the expense/risk of training him has been borne by another club? plus, he actually wants to be here!

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Well, if it is possible, then we should definately make an attempt at going for him. It'd be good to see him as I've always considered him a good talent.

I wonder if he'll play midweek against us.

asajoseph

Established Member
Big fan of De Jong, and was a little disappointed when the rumours linking him with the Mancs last summer surfaced. He still seems available, and would be well worth a look, in my view.

Gurgen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Big fan of De Jong, and was a little disappointed when the rumours linking him with the Mancs last summer surfaced. He still seems available, and would be well worth a look, in my view.

I'm 100% convinced he would choose us over ManU if we actually went for him.

Mark

Established Member
Yeah I'd take De Jong. Even if he were only as a squad player he'd be very useful with his versatility and all.

dev_atdi

Always been an admirer. Both in real life and Football Manager. He's very versatile indeed; he wouldn't cost much, too.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
dev_atdi said:
Both in real life and Football Manager. He's very versatile indeed; he wouldn't cost much, too.

seriously, did you just use "Football Manager" as part of your thoughts?

Army of Me

Established Member
if we can get either de jong or sneijder (or both!) i'd be a very happy boy.

looking forward to seeing them both on wednesday.

Viper

Established Member
De Jong is an excellent player. I'd grab him in an instant if we could.

And he isn't that small, senderos05. He is alot bigger than Scholes, who is about 170 cm. De Jong is 4 cm bigger than him.

pha2er, yes Sneijder would be a great buy, can play anywhere across the midfield, but he is an attack minded midfielder and we need a defensive midfielder.

Corny

Would be a seriously good signing if he's as good as I've seen him previously.

Very atheltic, versitile player and a good experience young player. Yes I'd like us to get him, and he'd be free.

Infact there's a few Ajax players who might be up for grabs cheap or free!

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom