• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Noa Lang

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Why did Ajax let him go so cheaply? Remember reading about him a couple years ago on one of those top 50 U21 talents lists (think it was UEFA's list?), but found it weird Ajax sold him so cheaply then without him really establishing himself in the team.

From what I can gather he didn't really get his chance and then was loaned with an obligation to buy

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
From what I can gather he didn't really get his chance and then was loaned with an obligation to buy
He wasn't exactly setting the world alight for Ajax 2 (in the second Dutch league) or for Twente. He did okay for Ajax, but nothing too special. He's also a total ***** who can barely string together a sentence in Dutch.

He's really exploded in Belgium, though. Makes the 6m seem like a bargain, but it was a fair price at the time for a talented player who hadn't really shown much.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Why did Ajax let him go so cheaply? Remember reading about him a couple years ago on one of those top 50 U21 talents lists (think it was UEFA's list?), but found it weird Ajax sold him so cheaply then without him really establishing himself in the team.
Rumours say due to his mentality off and on the pitch. Don't know what is true, maybe if there are some Ajax fans here on the forum that know more.

EDIT: aha, seems @Dutch D already answered the question.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yeah, he wasn't the easiest in terms of mentality off the pitch either, forgot to mention that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Speedy dribbler who can dribble at pace? Definitely yes. Only saka can do this in our team hence we are so boring and predictable

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not fully convinced on Noa Lang as he seems a bit raw but I haven’t seen enough to fully judge him.

I find it funny that certain man were against a significantly superior player in ASM last summer as he wasn’t a “priority” but are happy with Lang. I think we should sign another CB imo.

Henry boi

Went to do my scouting on him, yeah I like him, plays with pace and has tricks too. Reminds of Neymar lol

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Too much competition and it has only become harder. In a different time he would have become a starter no-brainer, worse players than him have made it at Ajax. But now the squad is stacked with internationals.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not seen him yet, but a couple football heads I spoke with wouldn't shut the **** up about him so I'm gonna check him out.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom